May we never forget... A tribute

For general discussion not related to [FuN], Ascendance, or gaming.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

May we never forget... A tribute

Postby [AsC]Frags » Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:24 am

Exactly 2 years ago one of the most atrocious events happened, one that i feel most people would never feel would happen.

9/11 will live us forever, it is a day to grieve for all the lost souls but also a day to celebrate the lives of the many brave souls who gave thier lives to help others.

This single day, September 11th 2001, the world united in grief and pain, the most united we have been ever. The terrible events of that day are still fresh in all of our hearts.

That single day, no matter where you were in the world, we were all on a small planet watching in disbelief those events unfold.

9/11 to us all brings pictures of the World Trade Centre to the mind, but we must not forget those who perished in the hijacked planes and in the pentigon. The world trade center is the most potent image from that day, many believe that the twin towers could not fall to such a fate, they felt that they were safe.

Blame has been flying around for the wtc collapse, the builders the architects, the airlines the building owners, but no-one ever could anticipate something like that.

It is time to remember those who died and salute the brave heros of that day. I would like to mention a good friend of mine, Fred Greenspan from Long Island, New York, who did so much for the children and families of 9/11... another true hero.

Please As a mark of respect I would like everyone to reply to this topic with thier thoughts or just a reply to show we at FuN 4 Forums are thinking.

Lest We Forget - Rest In Piece, We will remember you are in our hearts and minds forever

Carl Jackson - Ejack - Fragsey - MPfreeUK
Last edited by [AsC]Frags on Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:01 am

:?: :( It is so sad that two years have gone by. Each month as I pass the gaping hole in the ground where the former twin giant World Trade Center towers rose above the clouds in majestic awe, a tear comes to my eye. Not for the buildings..the metal..the glass..the concrete...but for the lives lost there. May they rest in peace! And further, may the peace flow to their loved ones all over the world who still, to this day, suffer so very much.

But even so, the lives lost are only a bit of the misery that lives on afterwards in the minds and hearts of the husbands, wives, children and other relatives and freinds of those who perished or were maimed, disfigured and emotionally crushed.

I pray for world peace. Let not the idiots, the mongrels, the barbaric things that live and look like human beings remain amongst us!

Let freedom ring on earth in every nation!

Fred Greenspan / New York/USA

Postby LifelineWoman » Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:02 am

Thank you Fragsey for posting this topic....I know that alot of people will remember exactly where they were at this moment....some more than others...I live near the Pentegon and I also have a sister that is an American Airlines flight attendant...not knowing where she was at that particular moment was awful to say the least....but it has brought us closer together than we were before....I know alot of people lost their lives that day but it did, in the end, bring so many closer.

Prayers to all the families that are still suffering.
LifelineWoman

Postby Geddy » Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:03 am

Nice one Fragsey.
I still find it hard to believe that everytime I look at the Skyline of New York, the Twin Towers are no longer there.
I can't tell you how many times while growing up in New York City that my family, friends and I took that long ride up to the top of the Twin Towers.
This is not to take way from the thousands that were lost that day. They are what is most important...In NYC, in Washington DC and in Penn..
You will never be forgotten.

This will again be a sad day for me personally.

Some gave all and all gave some.

God Bless.

"They were our neighbors, our husbands, our children, our sisters, our brothers, and our wives. They were our countrymen, and our friends. They were us."
The point of the journey is not to arrive.......

Ik hou van kaas :)
Geddy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

9/11

Postby HairyRazor » Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:09 am

Thanks for a great post and tribute Frags, I will always remember where I was that day when I first heard the news and stayed glued to the tv for hours.

A lot of ridicule has come our way for taking it to the terrorist but I know in my heart we are doing the right thing taking it to them for change. We, the USA, could have leveled that section of the world but have shown restraint and resolve.

I am a big fan of President Bush and appreciate the support of our allies and together we will snuff out those that seak to take away our freedom.

Again Thanks,
Glenn
HairyRazor

Postby [AsC]Frags » Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:39 am

i still got a flash tribute i made last year.... i wanted to update it but the 56k problems meant i could not, it shows last years dates but you may still want to see it.

http://www.ejnmedia.co.uk/sept11th/

Hardest website i have ever undertaken, not for being hard to do, but hard emotionally
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby SenecaWolf » Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:43 am

Thanks frags for this thread, even though its been 2 years I still get choked up thinking about it again. I dont think I will ever be able to comprehend the amount of lives lost in such a short amount of time for such a pointless reason. I will always remember.

Best way I ever heard it put was a song by Alan Jackson

Where were you when the world stopped turnin'
that September day?
Out in the yard with your wife and children;
Or working on some stage in L.A.?
Did you stand there in shock at the sight of that black smoke
Rising against that blue sky?
Did you shout out in anger in fear for your neighbor
Or did you just sit down and cry?

Did you weep for the children
that lost their dear loved ones?
Did you pray for the ones who don't know?
Did you rejoice for the people who walked from the rubble
and sob for the ones left below?
Did you burst out in pride for the red white and blue
And the heroes who died just doin' what they do?
Did you look up to heaven for some kind of answer?
And look at yourself for what really matters?

(Chorus)
I'm just a singer of simple songs;
I'm not a real political man
I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference
in Iraq and Iran
But I know Jesus and I talk to God
And I remember this from when I was young
Faith, Hope and Love are some good things He gave us
And the greatest is Love.

Where were you when the world stopped turning
That September day?
Teaching a class full of innocent children;
Driving down some cold interstate?
Did you feel guilty 'cause you're a survivor
in a crowded room did you feel alone?
Did you call up your mother and tell her you love her?
Did you dust off that bible at home?

Did you open your eyes hope it never happened;
And close your eyes and not go to sleep?
Did you notice the sunset the first time in ages;
Or speak to some stranger on the street?
Did you lay down at night and think of tomorrow;
Go out and buy you a gun?
Did you turn off that violent old movie you're watchin'
And turn on "I Love Lucy" reruns?

Did you go to a church and hold hands with some strangers?
Stand in line and give your own blood?
Did you just stay home and cling tight to your family
Thank God you had somebody to love?

(Chorus)
I'm just a singer of simple songs;
I'm not a real political man
I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference
in Iraq and Iran
But I know Jesus and I talk to God
And I remember this from when I was young
Faith, Hope and Love are some good things He gave us
And the greatest is Love.

Where were you when the world stopped turnin'
that September day?
SenecaWolf
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby Cpl West » Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:58 am

My heart still breaks and tears come to my eyes everytime I think of that tragic morning. I remember looking into the eyes of my sweet and innocent little boy wondering how to explain to him these events unfolding in front of me. What kind of world had I brought him into. So many innocent lives lost at the hands of such evil and demonic people. This day will always serve as a reminder to me that none of us are promised a tomorrow and we should never take that for granted. Take the time to tell the special people in your life how much they mean to you and how much you love them, for tomorrow you may not be given that chance. My thoughts, prayers and most heartfelt sympathy is with the victims, the heroes, and the friends and families of those they left behind. May you find some stregnth in the support of those who share your greif.

In loving memory of Mr. Peter O'Neill and Ms. Brooke Jackman
Cpl West

Postby [FuN]CompuWolf » Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:34 pm

Thank you frags for this post. It is good to know that people from other nations still remember the pain of loss felt on this day.
[FuN]CompuWolf
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Lead » Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:21 pm

It has been exactly two years now at this moment. My thoughts are with the people who are not with us anymore and everyone who still suffer from this terrible day. Take care.
mooooo... - voed de koe
Lead

Postby Dutchman » Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:39 pm

I remember I was on my way home from school when it happened, and when I turned on the pc and msn and a friend of me said: a plane crashed into the Twin Towers in New York. I thought it was just an accident, but a couple of minutes later I hear that another plane has crashed into the 2nd tower.
I can't describe how I felt, I had no relatives or friends living there, but I could imagine how they would feel. It's not to compare to a disaster we had earlier in a fireworks-factory, but even it was a smaller tragedy, it still makes a hole, it hits you because it happened in your own country.

Now 2 years later I must admit I've forgotten all about it (I mean, I don't think about these things all the time, even not with that fireworks-factory disaster), it's just in my nature to not think about these things, and now when the whole press starts about it again (the dutch press that is), I can remember most of what I did that day and how I felt.

My thoughts are with all who lost their lives and all who lost friends/family during this day.
Take care everyone, it's maybe hard to say but life goes on..... again, take care
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby -Snoopy- » Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:14 pm

Im glade you made this thread frags and i do still rember where i was on this day i got woken up at about 4am in the morning to look at my dispare that what had happened my heart goes out to all of the faimlys and friends who had lost a loved one but i like to look at it this way they have gone to a better place rid of the babric people like the people who did this and they they are looking down on us today its really sadening how some people could do such a thing and what makes them think they can take anyones life away.

R.I.P those how died in the twin towers, the pentogon and thoughs who were in the planes that were hijacked you will live on in our hearts and always be rembered

Snoop
-Snoopy-
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Captain Darling » Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:30 pm

My thoughts go out to those how died & their families

Captain Darling

My City Of Ruins
by Bruce Springsteen

There is a blood red circle
On the cold dark ground
And the rain is falling down
The church door's thrown open
I can hear the organ's song
But the congregation's gone
My city of ruins
My city of ruins

Now the sweet bells of mercy
Drift through the evening trees
Young men on the corner
Like scattered leaves,
The boarded up windows,
The empty streets
While my brother's down on his knees
My city of ruins
My city of ruins

Come on, rise up! Come on, rise up!

Now's there's tears on the pillow
Darlin' where we slept
And you took my heart when you left
Without your sweet kiss
My soul is lost, my friend
Tell me how do I begin again?
My city's in ruins
My city's in ruins

Now with these hands,
With these hands,
With these hands,
I pray Lord
With these hands,
With these hands,
I pray for the strength, Lord
With these hands,
With these hands,
I pray for the faith, Lord
We pray for your love, Lord
We pray for the lost, Lord
We pray for this world, Lord
We pray for the strength, Lord
We pray for the strength, Lord

Come on
Come on
Come on, rise up!
Captain Darling

Postby redlemon » Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:33 pm

i cant say anything

i always must cry these days

i lost 2 of my friends
redlemon

Postby LaW » Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:40 pm

My thoughts are with the families that lost relatives and people close to them on that disasterous day. I know what it's like to lose someone you love, and theres no other pain which compares to it, it's the hardest thing to accept. I don't understand how someone could do something like that, it sickens me, and the fact that they could do it again worries me. I wish all the families the strength to carry on with their lives, despite their terrible losses. They have to show whoever did this that they can still stand tall, and won't be beaten by such evilness.

God Bless The Families.
[FuN]LaW
LaW

Postby pray! » Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:52 pm

i lost my brother
and i am really sad

Admin edit: "This thread is not about politics but the rememberance of the loss of life on 9/11. I'm very sorry for your families loss and I wish you well.

Note: I will edit/delete any post in this thread that deals with politics. Use another tread if you wish to, I wish to keep this thread pure."

Thank you,
[FuN]CompuWolf
pray!

Postby thecrock » Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:03 pm

why do you need to start talking about Bush and saying what he did was wrong ... he wasnt trying to bomb Iraq for oil he was trying to prevent another disaster like this to happen again !!!!!

GOD BLESS EVERYONE AND THE FAMILYS OF 9/11 !!!!!!!
thecrock

Postby WhatEver » Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:36 pm

My heart and thoughts go out to everyone envolved in the tragedy!

Lets not forget the missing ones.....
Lets not forget the ones who are missing someone.........
Lets not forget the ones who gave there lives trying to save others.....

Least of all lets not forget the ones do did this and continue to fight againts these people and bring them to justice!
WhatEver

Location: Far out on the western spiral arm of the galaxy, there is a small blue/green planet!!

Postby flash » Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:42 pm

I can remember were i was on that day, at work, couldn't belive it when i heard it over the radio.

We should never forget how so many people died for no reason what so ever, my heart goes out to everyone of them and their families.
flash

Postby [Bones-37] » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:12 pm

it supprised me, the utter shock and disbelief as i watched it unfolding on the tv and even though i didnt know anyone in the NY area i felt a huge surge of anger at the people twisted enough to do possibly even have that sick idea just appear in their head!
Never in my life time has there been an event so tragic as that!

My thoughts are with all the familys, relatives and anyone who knew someone however distantly!

"Revenge does not bring back the dead, It only creates more"
[Bones-37]

Postby *Element* » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:32 pm

I don't really keep up with American affairs but I dont know what what the USA deserved to have this happen to them. I mean, North Americans dont go looking for fights with other countries right? I have never read about the USA starting any bad wars, war on terroism and iraq were to make sure none of this stuff would threaten the lives of innocent people. The USA has always been a peace keeper and always will be. The reason was stupid for the attack on the world trade center, i remember it had to do with them hating western lifestyle of living. But still that was no reason for an attack and crap like that has to be stopped. my deepest sympathy to all you americans and those who were affected by this.
ImageImage
*Element*
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby mazza » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:52 pm

all our thoughts go out to the families of the victims of this tragedy.....from the people going about their day to day business to the heroes trying in vain to save lives.....we will never forget nor will we forget the pain that was caused on this terrible day
mazza

Postby c0smic » Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:13 pm

:( I hope the world never sees a repeat of that disaster.
c0sm1c

...and if you wonder why we say "Über" ...purchase RTCW
c0smic

Postby hordak » Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:34 pm

This is really hard even to try and talk about. I live in Sweden, but the echoes of the tragedy most defenitely reaches us over here too. I was celebrating my girlfriends birthday at the time we found out. It was so unreal. I just want to say that my thoughts are with the ones that so sadly lost their lives on this day, now two years ago, and those who lost someone near. Also the brave firefighters and the volounteers that helped. I hope such a thing wont ever be brought upon mankind again, ever.

God bless.
hordak

Postby Chainsaw (Idiot) » Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:22 am

I am one who lives in USA. Today, in school, we had a moment of silence to commerorate those who gave their lives to save others. For those who keep on giving. I have a poem i would like to say on this day. I may not remember all of it. It is called Prayer for the 21st Century by John Marsden.
May we all have a safe journey,

And may our journeys take us to where we want to go.

May we be forgiven for the wrong turns we have taken.

May we all have a place in our hearts for each other.

May those who live in darkness, find their way into the
sun.

May the blind be able to see, the deaf be able to hear

And those who can’t walk, run.

May our earth stay beautiful, the seas filled with fish,
the gardens filled with flowers and the sky filled with
sunlight.

May the pins stay in the grenades.

May the guns remain unused.

May the bombs stay unexploded.

May the wars end.

May the unlucky have some luck

And the lucky realise the luck they have.

May everyone’s nightmares end.

May everyone’s dreams come true.

May we all share the joy of loving and living.

May every thought be free, every problem solved.

May the worst turn out to be good.

May there be lots of fun and laughter, especially for the
children.

May friendship be plentiful.

May we all think of others before we think of ourselves.

May we all live with knowledge, understanding, respect,
tolerance and harmony.

May we all share the joy and the love of our family and
friends.

May we not be forgotten and may we not forget others.

May the angels not lift us up early.

May the world live on in peace forever.

I wrote a reflection about this poem in school today. I would like to say God Bless Everybody. Thank you

I would also like to say this song, as i am from the USA

Oh, say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, now conceals, now discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines on the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner! O long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
A home and a country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wiped out their foul footstep's pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heaven-rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And this

Oh beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majestiesAbove the fruited plain.
America! America!
God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea.

Oh beautiful for pilgrim feet
Whose stern impassioned stress.
A thoroughfare of freedom beat
Across the wilderness.
America! America!
God mend thine ev'ry flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law.

Oh beautiful for heroes proved
in liberating strife
Who more than self their country loved,
and mercy more than life
America! America! May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness, And ev'ry gain divine

Oh beautiful for patriot dream
That sees beyond the years.
Thine alabaster cities gleam
Undimmed by human tears.
America! America! God shed his grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea.

NOTE These are copywrited songs that i copyed and pasted from different websites they are souly for the purpose of this tribute.

God Bless Us All
Chainsaw (Idiot)

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:53 pm

that day will always be etched in the minds of people throughout the world......mine included for ever.My thoughts and best wishes go to all who lost loved ones that terrible day.

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR.........IT HURTS ALOT LESS....PEACE.

Postby Blaze » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:57 pm

Baker company in Iraq made this on 9-11

Blaze

Postby pvt|shanker » Thu Sep 18, 2003 5:40 pm

it was a tragic day and i still feel bad about it .. i live 10minutes from the pentagon soo it was bad acouple of my friends parents worked there luckly none of them were injured but i couldnt even imagine the stress and feeling it would be o have lost someone in 9/11
pvt|shanker
New User
New User

Postby G-NOME » Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:53 pm

I almost started crying instantly when I started the Flash, just because of the sound of terrified people and i think that everyone who (tryed) to help is a hero.

Thnx for making this topic, and let us all help to let this never ever happen again in the future.

It's good to see that every one knows that violence is BAD, even though we ARE about a surten pcgame...
G-NOME

Postby littlebilder » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:40 am

9/11 is on my sisters birthday, it will always be in our memory
littlebilder

Return to General Chat