Folding At Home

For general discussion not related to [FuN], Ascendance, or gaming.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

Postby BrainBuG » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:58 am

Theres ppl with the same score we have and they got like 1300 WU's.. thaz not very much score p/WU if u ask me.
Ur addicted scott, admit it :P
Anyone else we can force to fold? :)
BrainBuG
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby [fun]scott » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:40 pm

me has never said im not :P.. ill hold the gun to there heads untill everyone folds :P
www.pokerroom.com/?ref=19874 , www.napstor.co.uk great free / cheap deals... support my life style that im accustom too. every penny counts
[fun]scott
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby thecrock » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:28 pm

count me in ill start it up tonight ... if i can just get all the pc's at work to do it hmmmmm :lol:
thecrock

Postby [fun]scott » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:45 pm

ok been reading the boards and ppl think that one of our folding machines is overclocked and falling over thats why we are getting alot of work units but not alot of points. pls check that your machine isnt sending back half done work units. by falling over i mean the workunit becomes unstable and shuts down and only sends what its doen then it goes off for anotehr workunit. id guess its a machien thats been added within the last 2 days.
www.pokerroom.com/?ref=19874 , www.napstor.co.uk great free / cheap deals... support my life style that im accustom too. every penny counts
[fun]scott
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby c0smic » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:44 pm

[fun]scott wrote:ok been reading the boards and ppl think that one of our folding machines is overclocked and falling over thats why we are getting alot of work units but not alot of points. pls check that your machine isnt sending back half done work units. by falling over i mean the workunit becomes unstable and shuts down and only sends what its doen then it goes off for anotehr workunit. id guess its a machien thats been added within the last 2 days.

How can we tell -- is there alog somewhere - of finished work in me p00ta?
c0sm1c

...and if you wonder why we say "Über" ...purchase RTCW
c0smic

Postby [FuN]CompuWolf » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:50 pm

In the top 20 daily producers :D ... could use some more cpu's to bring up the numbers faster. And a big welcome to TheOne I just recruted him today.. w0ot! And a big thanks to knux for adding on his other puter.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&srt=1&t=3074

Update: Just added Sideakao's cpu to the ranks, ty m8 :)
[FuN]CompuWolf
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Sideakao » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:21 pm

Always happy to help!
Sideakao
New User
New User

Postby thecrock » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:20 pm

Brent m8 how do you know who is active or not ... im folding on 2 computers now and will start another pretty soon.
thecrock

Postby [fun]scott » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:01 pm

we dont we just look at the active cpu count for past 7 days and 50 days. if somoen hasnt returned a work unit within 1 week its dropped from the 7 day cpu count.
[fun]scott
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Flathead74 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:03 am

c0smic wrote:
[fun]scott wrote:ok been reading the boards and ppl think that one of our folding machines is overclocked and falling over thats why we are getting alot of work units but not alot of points. pls check that your machine isnt sending back half done work units. by falling over i mean the workunit becomes unstable and shuts down and only sends what its doen then it goes off for anotehr workunit. id guess its a machien thats been added within the last 2 days.

How can we tell -- is there alog somewhere - of finished work in me p00ta?

Hello All,

My first time here.

A sincere welcome to all of you [FuN] folks to our folding team! (3074)

If you look in the directory where you installed 'folding.exe" you will find FAHlog.txt. This log can give you much information on your progress.
Even more so if you use the "-verbosity 9" flag.

It's great to have you all aboard!
Flathead74
New User
New User

Postby c0smic » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:49 am

Hi Flathead -- welcome to our boards --- you can put the protiens down now and play some Return To Castle Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory or Call of Duty :wink:
c0sm1c

c0smic

Postby m0nk3y-bw0y » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 am

To see the current information on F@H.
Simply type !fah or !fah2 in #[fun] channel for current folding stats.
m0nk3y-bw0y

Postby [FuN]CompuWolf » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:55 pm

m0nkey you have done it again, great work :D
[FuN]CompuWolf
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby c0smic » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:23 am

teh Über munk3h is awesome ... tiz troo .... now with all these positive props, his head will be so big he will need arm extensions so he can use his keyboard :wink: :wink: :wink: :P
c0sm1c

c0smic

Postby [FuN]CompuWolf » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:32 pm

Great work ppl 30+ cpus and well within the top daily producers all in a weeks time. It's great to see what [FuN]ers and their friends can do in a short amount of time.

Now is the time not to stop but add more cpu's so anyone wanting to share their cpu's please contact scott or me and we will be more than happy to help you get set up. Just as a note you do not have to be a member of [FuN] to join in this is open to anyone that wants to help, the more the better.
[FuN]CompuWolf
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby [AsC]Frags » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:19 pm

i have removed FAH off my main pc, i need to rebuild it soon.... i getting BSODs all the time since i put it on and pc. THis also means MPfreeUK Radio may be offline until i find time to redo it.

I will pop in from time to time into the channel too.
[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby caz » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:19 pm

I have no idea what I'm doing but I've added myself to the [FuN] group - I think lol.

All I'm seeing are a load of pink/blue/grey blobs and a date showing the WU will finish on Saturday 26th at 02:08.

Not sure how much I'll be able to contribute much as I'm using my work laptop. If I remember I'll set it to run during the day and when I get home from work.

Edit: here's a question - do I need to be connected to the internet while I do this? Just wondering if my company's firewall will pick this up or if my neighbours might start wondering why their BB connection is working overtime (wireless is a wonderful thing!). Would feel happier knowing that I could connect say once a day to upload results. A swift answer would be appreciated :wink:
caz

Postby [fun]scott » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:12 am

you only need to be connected when downloading adn uploading work units.. your works firewall shouldnt block it as it uses http :80 but there might be a problem if your works firewall is using PAT translation instead of NAT.... im working on a solution to this atm.. it involves local proxy and a sock5 with encapulation......... its a long way for a short cut.
[fun]scott
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby [fun]scott » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:27 pm

there is a person who completed there first work unit on the 18th of this month who thinks they are folding for fun... but they have the user name wrong. the user name they are using is (FuN) when they should be using [FuN] as there work units are not beeeing counted towards our total. if you know who you are please alter your user name so that you are folding for the team rather than yourself. thnx
[fun]scott
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby caz » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:00 am

Sorry guys but I had to remove the program from my laptop as it caused conflicts with my VPN connection. No point in installing on this PC as it really should be in computer heaven given that it's a piece of ****.
caz

Postby [FuN]CompuWolf » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:32 am

We could still use some cpu's so let's go ppl give it up for fun :shock:
[FuN]CompuWolf
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby [fun]scott » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:53 pm

more cpus needed..... get in the fold.
[fun]scott
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby ChefAgf » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:22 am

im in too.. dont know what it does...
ChefAgf

Postby [FuN]CompuWolf » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:17 pm

What does Folding@Home do? Folding@Home is a distributed computing project which studies protein folding, misfolding, aggregation, and related diseases. We use novel computational methods and large scale distributed computing, to simulate timescales thousands to millions of times longer than previously achieved. This has allowed us to simulate folding for the first time, and to now direct our approach to examine folding related disease.

Download the client-

download site:
http://folding.stanford.edu/download.html

and then set it up with this info

please use the below details to fold for [FuN]

team id 3074

user [FuN]

Let it run and your doing your part :D
[FuN]CompuWolf
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby c0smic » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:39 pm

ChefAgf wrote:im in too.. dont know what it does...

It help to stop bits of you dropping off due to diseases you might pick up whilst gaming :wink:
c0sm1c

c0smic

Postby [fun]scott » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:33 pm

this topic has went silent.. come on get them cpus folding..
[fun]scott
Expert Member
Expert Member

Previous

Return to General Chat