what [FuN] did you have today?

For general discussion not related to [FuN], Ascendance, or gaming.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

what [FuN] did you have today?

Postby [FuN]Joris » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:18 pm

it's the queensbirthday here in Holland. traditionaly i went to the fleemarket, that was jolly good fun. finaly i ended up in a coffeeshop... afternoon went downhill from there.
just had a shower with my sunglasses on. it's worth a try it makes it a whole new experience, warm dark and misty 8)
now all what awaits me is a good evenin gaming! :twisted:

had such a fun day too? plz tell me! :wink:
[FuN]Joris

Postby Dutchman » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:08 pm

I've not been able to do much, as I'm still recovering from a throat infection, hence why I've been off work all week. But things have improved a lot the past 2 days.
Am actually at my brother's right now, he's got a nice appartment with his girlfriend, so me and my other brother went there tonight. The idea was to watch the away game of the Amsterdam Admirals (American Football) with a lot more Admirals fans, but most of them preferred to hang around in the city for a while longer, so we just watched it with the 4 of us. Actually not the most exciting game, but we did win in the end (18-17), so we're still top of the standings with 6 wins and 1 losses. Still 3 games to go, but we're as good as qualified for the World Bowl (the final of the league), so we can defend the very first title in the club's history (check my avatar and signature for more details :P)

It's been quite a nice day after all, it's been very nice weather too, even though it was supposed to be raining most of the afternoon. I wonder how busy it's been in the city though, I've only seen a small remainder of it when we were on our way to my brother late in the afternoon, so most of the fleemarkets were already abandoned.

And... Joris... Why doesn't it surprise me you ended up in a coffeeshop? :P:P:P
I'm not sure what time I'll be home yet, I'll get me arse on irc and see who's up for what game and perhaps join up :wink:
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby [AsC]Frags » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:05 pm

Dutchman wrote:I've not been able to do much, as I'm still recovering from a throat infection

See dutcheh, i told you that ould cure sore throats ;)

Anyway... last day at work today..... and im a free man!!!! woohoo.. 1 weeek of bliss :)
[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby junkster » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:23 am

I had a terrible Saturday (Man Utd lost!)

But I hope to make up for that today as I plan to surf the interweb all morning reading forums and the like. Maybe shoot some people or aliens or that online too up til lunchtime when I'm gonna go enjoy my Mum's nice Sunday roast, then I'll vegitate all afternoon on the sofa watching footy with Mrs junK and tonight I'm gonna go and see "The Scratch Perverts" and consume copious amounts of booze! Ahhh the perfect Sunday! :D
junkster
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Dutchman » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:07 pm

Yea, even as an Arsenal fan I found it a shame that Man Utd lost, as that meant that Chelsea are now officially champions :(
Hope Arsenal are gonna lift the Champion's League, would be a huge crown on Bergkamp's carreer too, but would also mean a great deal for the club itself, especially now they're leaving their great stadium and also saying good bye to the Non-Flying Dutchman.

Weather seems a bit less today, but I've got plenty to do in the form of cleaning (and my brother wants to watch King Kong, but I'll just have to see if I've got the time for that). Just changed rooms as my oldest brother has moved out and I was (temporarily, since I came back from England) using my other brother's room, as he offered that to me since he's only here in the weekends. So I've still got some cleaning up to do, although this room is currently cleaner than it has ever been, and I intend to keep it that way, less dust also means less sneezing and will hopefully mean I can sleep a bit better, as I'm still stuck with a forever cold, even now the adenoids have been removed.
[FuN]Dutchman
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Penguin » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:59 pm

Past 3 months: coursework for English, History and German
Yesterday round-up of it all (e.g. filling in paperwork about my courseworks, such as 'I have not cheated' etc)
Today, relaxed. Woke at 12 (midday w00t) and rowed and ate and played ET for a bit.
Next 2 months: revision.

Isn't it nice to have a lazy day once in a while?
Penguin

Postby BrainBuG » Mon May 01, 2006 6:52 pm

I was at Roys place for a change. I'm ashamed to say it, but on the queens B-day i have committed the ultimate treatury... i went to germany :oops:
Wasn't my idea, but roys gf wanted to go shop there.... I'm sure i'll pay for it someday :/
In the evening we went carting. I kinda lost with a time of 38.46 with roy having 38.45 ... grmf... that gitbag. We did some bowling as well which that cheat also won. DOn't trust him if u ever get to play a game with him. He always cheats!! :evil:
Boeie!!!!!! En nou opzouten met je hele droge hol!
BrainBuG
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby [FuN]Joris » Mon May 01, 2006 7:20 pm

wow lots of fun goin on!

i've been to amsterdam sunday to cellebrate jobbas birthday!
met some old friends drank loads of beer so it was pretty cool.
today had to work again luckely started late... weathers sucks today but we are getting 24 degrees in 2 days SUMMER IS COMMING! :P
[FuN]Joris

Postby Dutchman » Mon May 01, 2006 10:12 pm

I was on the afternoon/evening shift today, so on beforehand I thought I'd have to keep me shop open till 8-9pm, but because it had been raining non-stop from the start of my shift (2pm), I got told I could close up at 7. Think I broke the record for lowest amount of sales tbh, was absolutely terrible. Earned me a shocking commission of a whole 75 cents (normal days it's tenfold that, very busy days at least 30 times as much). Ah well, was my first day back at work, so suppose it was nice starting off with a quiet day, but I would've preferred it to be a little less quiet tbh :P
Funniest thing was, as I was closing up the shop, it stopped raining and it hasn't rained since :P

Tomorrow's gonna be a lot better, it's supposed to stay dry all day with temperatures going towards (if not over) 20 degrees, so I hope and think it'll be quite busy tomorrow, should keep me occupied. Gonna be a long day again tho, start at 8.30am, and don't suppose I'll finish up till 6.30-7pm. Ah well, least I got Wednesday off, so I don't really care how long the day's gonna be :)
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Mac. » Tue May 02, 2006 8:59 am

I spent most of yesterday playing ET think about 9 hours in all... think I killed a total of 4 people and warned about 8 not bad for a days work.

Was making the most of my internet as ive only just got back online after a few days holiday and changing over from plusnet to nildram..

Was a FuN weekend !!
Mac.

Postby [FuN]Joris » Tue May 02, 2006 8:26 pm

finaly summer has arrived here was 22 degrees today! tomorrow even better! and best of all it looks like this whole week will be good.
think im gonna clean my bbq! i luv bbq-ing :twisted:
and best of all sun shines, girls come out! :wink:

rest of the day not very special, work was rather boring. only bright spot was we had a cake with lots of whippedcream to go with our coffee. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

looking forward to tomorrow!
[FuN]Joris

Postby deadmonkey » Tue May 02, 2006 9:16 pm

I went to Cornwall for the weekend which was good fun. Went to Tintagel, which is full of shops selling swords and anything King Arthur related :D

Joris sounds like he had more fun though ;)
deadmonkey
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Mac. » Wed May 03, 2006 8:38 am

mmmmmmm Bar B Q's !

We want to see FuN BBQ pics here please this summer so get posting :p
Mac.

Postby Dutchman » Wed May 03, 2006 10:02 am

deadmonkey wrote:I went to Cornwall for the weekend which was good fun. Went to Tintagel, which is full of shops selling swords and anything King Arthur related :D

So there's a new King Arthur then, nicknamed deadmonkey? :P

I've got the day off, wooohooo, was absolutely shattered yesterday. Had a long day, but it was quite nice actually. The shun was shining all day, wasn't very busy though, but it was only a Tuesday. Had a nice chat with an Irish couple, seeing as they were waiting for the boat to arrive and I hadn't had anything better to do either :wink: Nah, I love having a chat with people, to hear where they're from and what they're planning to do, etc.
The woman noted that most Dutch are quite nice and most of them speak English quite well, and that they were surprised with this, but also said that when you're friendly to people, they (well, most) will return the favour and in most cases do their best to help you.
American couple I spoke to on Monday were going to cycle down to the south-west of the Netherlands (chef, be aware! They're coming your way :P) and they hoped it would be better weather, as it was pissing down that day. Well, they couldn't have gotten it any better, was great weather yesterday and it'll stay much like it for the rest of the week.
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby ChefAgf » Wed May 03, 2006 10:14 am

:shock: Well at least the weather is good here!

What i have been doing letely? You dont wanna know. Working a lot. (You dont wanna know what can happen in a taxi...)

Plus im going to live together with my girlfriend. We have rented a nice appartement and its almost ready from the inside! We are planning to be there within 2 weeks. So After those weeks i will post some pictures and you will see me more often on IRC and on servers. :D
ChefAgf

Postby Mac. » Wed May 03, 2006 10:29 am

Great to see you and the missus shacking up Chef !

Good luck buddy your need it :p
Mac.

Postby Dutchman » Wed May 03, 2006 12:09 pm

Good luck, Chef! :)

Suppose I'll have to come over some time then, eh :P
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Thomas » Wed May 03, 2006 6:02 pm

Well im working for the past few weeks at a import/export company.(its for school 8 weeks long) Mostly vegetables and fruits from Netherlands to Greece. So I''ve been very busy these times, working from 8 am untill 5 pm + the weekends, working in a restaurant. 4 more weeks and im finished. Did theoretical exams for school as well (passed for those), so working is the praktical part. :)
Thomas

Postby Dutchman » Wed May 03, 2006 6:36 pm

Congrats on passing the theoratical exams m8! Well done! :D

And good luck with the rest of your 'stage'! :)
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby [FuN]Joris » Thu May 04, 2006 8:45 pm

cool chef good luck in your new home!

hey thomas what sort of education do you do? some thing with restaurants or more the in- and export? i luv vegies!

i've been enjoying the sun we had our first summerday here with 28 (!) degrees.
4 may today so for us in the netherlands its the day we pay tribute to those who died in ww2 and other peacemissions after that.
tomorrow we cellebrate the liberation of the netherlands and im a day off from work. weather looks fine so im planning to cycle to germany and get a "wieder gut machungs beer " and cycle back. thats about 100 km so wish me luck! :wink:
[FuN]Joris

Postby Dutchman » Thu May 04, 2006 9:31 pm

I've not had such a bad day today, weather was quite nice, yet it wasn't very busy. Then again, it is only May, so most tourists visiting Amsterdam only come for a long weekend.
Had a bit of a hassle being home early enough to go to the town square in time for the 8pm 2-minute-silence to remember all those who have fallen since the start of World War II, but I got home on time, thankfully.
Have to work tomorrow again, supposed to be the same weather as today, so I suppose it'll be busier. Only half a day tho, as we're running on 2 shifts, so instead of 9am-7pm (if not later), I'll probably be done by 3-3.30pm, so I can have a lie down on the garden and enjoy the sun when I get home :)
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby mazza » Thu May 04, 2006 10:27 pm

i won't tell ya how i spent the weekend but envy the lot of ya, sure beats the A&E dept of local hosp :cry:

Ahhhhh well things can only get better :wink:
mazza

Postby ChefAgf » Thu May 04, 2006 10:50 pm

Dutchy if you ever want to drop by just give me a call. Thats for all [FuN]ers and friends of course :D
ChefAgf

Postby ChefAgf » Thu May 04, 2006 10:50 pm

Btw i have enough room if you need to stay for the night.
ChefAgf

Postby mazza » Fri May 05, 2006 9:07 am

/me books couple of flights
mazza

Postby Thomas » Fri May 05, 2006 10:50 am

Well im doing the course called International Business Stream. And for that i need to work at a whole sale company or a import/export company for 9 weeks(4 more to go). Im working at Solfruit/Apollo Fruit, specialized in fruits and vegetables. It's part of the course. Next year probably outside the Netherlands :D

Im working at my parents restaurant in the weekends, so my schedule is very busy atm :(

BTW Chef, if you pick me up with your taxi i'll come for a visit :lol: (Must be a Merc at least :twisted: )

Pff its very hot today. Luckily we got arconditioning in the office :lol:
Thomas

Postby BrainBuG » Fri May 05, 2006 2:18 pm

I didn't have any fun today, grmf
I'm watching out of the window at the sunshine and feeling hot knowing that i could be sitting outside with a cold beer in my hand *drewl*
:cry:
BrainBuG
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby [FuN]Gebly » Fri May 05, 2006 2:26 pm

U need to take a vacation and come visit
your uncle gebly...
[FuN]Gebly
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Fri May 05, 2006 4:20 pm

ChefAgf wrote:Dutchy if you ever want to drop by just give me a call. Thats for all [FuN]ers and friends of course :D

Btw i have enough room if you need to stay for the night.

Hehehe, perhaps I should do that once, altho the 2nd offer does scare me off a bit :P

-

Geeeeeebs geeeeeebs, you should come to the beatiful Orange country, m8 :wink:
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby [FuN]Joris » Fri May 05, 2006 6:44 pm

made it :lol: cycled 100 km to the german border and back...
tired as hell and i think i straigned my right leg pretty bad :?
but hey what small thing for so much [fun]. :P
[FuN]Joris

Postby BrainBuG » Mon May 08, 2006 7:28 am

[FuN]Gebly wrote:U need to take a vacation and come visit
your uncle gebly...

Ur right Cpt. Beaver :D
I did have fun this weekend though :) Went to the beach yesterday, had some fun with my powerkites 8)
BrainBuG
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby KnuX » Mon May 08, 2006 5:16 pm

driving my new car 8)
KnuX
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby mazza » Mon May 08, 2006 8:15 pm

Been a lazy cow alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekend and it was heavenly

Sure beats the crap out of local A & E Department :wink:
mazza

Postby [AsC]Frags » Mon May 08, 2006 8:44 pm

KnuX wrote:driving my new car 8)

/me ALSO driving my new car (well new as in second hand Mazda 626)
[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby Dutchman » Mon May 08, 2006 9:02 pm

I've been kinda bored senseless at work today, as most tourists have gone home again. Ah well, had a good laugh with some of our skippers, so I dragged myself through the day.
Tomorrow ought to be a little more busy day, only cos I'm at a busier location :roll:

Won't beat last Saturday though, was mega crowded. Got a big fat commission too tho, so won't hear me complaining :P
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Next

Return to General Chat