what [FuN] did you have today?

For general discussion not related to [FuN], Ascendance, or gaming.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

Postby [FuN]Joris » Mon May 08, 2006 9:49 pm

i had a great weekend saterday i played poker all night with a group of old friends, most of whom i hadn't seen in years. so big party with to much beer and kebabs :P
sunday i was a zombie lay on the couch and whatched tellie. f1 and footy

monday, today, i had to work and just came back from a good evening fishing with 2 of my friends. caught one good sized fish! :wink:

having good fun!
[FuN]Joris

Postby Dutchman » Thu May 11, 2006 8:50 am

On Tuesday I've been busy selling nothing but (well, almost nothing but) bus excursions to the bloody Keukenhof (the Flowershow) :P
Yesterday was quiet again, but the many hours + not sleeping properly do take it's toll and I am glad to have the day off today so I can relax and do nothing but nothing :wink: :D
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby [FuN]Joris » Sat May 13, 2006 9:05 pm

hi had a bussy week!
yesterday i cycled 60 km and got a good sunburn... not too painfull luckely. in the evening went fishing in the ijsssel (river near my house) and i caught 2 eels, bit too small to eat unfortunately. better luck sunday i hope :wink:
im realy enjoying the good weather so thats why i'd been a bit quiet this week.

today hard days work, had a big bicycle sale. we sold fo 30.000 euro bikes today and thats alot!
so bit tired after this day, but i'll try to have a blast at et later on maybe..

hows things in britain and else where? also good weather? having fun?

give some reply!
:lol: :lol:
[FuN]Joris

Postby Dutchman » Sat May 13, 2006 11:47 pm

Hah, glad to see I wasn't the only one who got sunburned yesterday :P
Was at an outdoors location. All the other locations have a shop of some sort, but this was only the mooring, so I was outside all day. Didn't bother putting suncream on, thinking I'd be fine, as I never really get sunburned and I always need to get a slight sunburn the first time and after that I don't really get a sunburn anymore.

Today I was at one of our 2 busiest locations, at the Rijksmuseum and it was as busy as a week ago (also on Saturday), if not slightly busier. Had a hell of a busy day, but I didn't really mind, makes the time fly too :wink:
Bit hectic too tho, cos apart from the normal tickets that need sold, I also need to keep an eye out for the reserved boats and help the people who booked one of those, tell them where their boat is, etc etc. And then there's also the people who've already booked a bus tour (for example to the Keukenhof, Flowershow) on the internet, but need to come to us to exchange that for a voucher. Had one lady with 5 different tours, and I need to call all those through. So just when you think the line is almost gone, it grows rapidly again as it takes a while to get all those excursions sorted out.
Ah well, joys of work, but I get paid nicely for it. I actually got a pay rise this week, even after 2 months already, because they're really pleased with me, and the commission can become a very nice amount on these busy days.
Really love the job though, I wouldn't do it if I didn't like it but still get paid the double I get now. Especially with the long days I make, I really wouldn't cope if I wasn't enjoying it.
But must admit, it was great to be relieved from my battle station around 3pm :wink:
[FuN]Dutchman
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby [FuN]Gebly » Sun May 14, 2006 8:43 am

This weekend Dandy and I went site-seeing up in the swamp area
in Louisiana. Dandy promised me we will see lots of Beavers in the wild
since he knows i am fond of them hairy creatures.
We did see lots of Beavers in that Go-Go club we went to...and it was
kinda wild...apparently Dandy is the head of the family in that club since
all the girls knew him and they all called him Daddy.
It was all very exciting and we had loads of FuN.
Dandy promised me that next week we gonna travel to thailand
to see a Ping-Pong match in bangkok...
[FuN]Gebly
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby [FuN]Joris » Sun May 14, 2006 9:10 pm

i like beavers too! i held a speech about beavers in the 6th grade of the ellementarie school, still remember that. i saw their borrows in sweden when i was 14 ( i remember the year 1992 cause the first gulf war started when i was on holiday) when i grew older i learned what the word beaver also ment. since that day i like both kinds of beaver :wink:

o yeah i didn't catch any fish today :cry:
[FuN]Joris

Postby [FuN]Joris » Tue May 16, 2006 9:11 pm

i got a new contract today and even better a raise to go with it!!!! :P
good week for me :lol:
[FuN]Joris

Postby Connor » Wed May 17, 2006 7:26 am

well, after a long time of sitting on my lazy arse it looks like i may be starting a new job, got 2 headhunters on my case on behalf of 2 different companies and hopefully i ll get called for an interview sometime today.
if all goes well i should be a support engineer for assyst systems in a few weeks. fancy that coming from the assembly line at daf trucks :)
i ll keep y all posted
i'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt
Connor

Postby [FuN]Gebly » Wed May 17, 2006 10:23 am

Good luck Connor ! (said Gebly in a scottish accent...)
[FuN]Gebly
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Connor » Wed May 17, 2006 10:31 am

tnx gebs, got 1 interview on friday and 2 more still to get a date for
Connor

Postby mazza » Wed May 17, 2006 10:34 am

Had an interview myself yesterday, and i got the job \o/

However its for a post that doesn't exist yet working for a charitable organisation with disabled ppl, awaiting funding for the post to become available. So by end of June/Begining of July i should have a job as well, doing what i have been doing for the past 9 years (unpaid) and getting paid for it too \o/

So it was like, yes maz u got the job
.....But maz there is no job
.....But there will be a job
.....We think ure right for it
.....BlaBlaBla
mazza

Postby Dutchman » Wed May 17, 2006 6:56 pm

Good luck to you Connor, hope you get either of the jobs, m8y, and hope that all works out very nice for you!

Congrats to Maz :wink:
Hope a job opens up for you soon! :D
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby [FuN]Joris » Sat May 20, 2006 9:09 pm

nice mazz! congrats! and good luck ofcourse.
also to you con! hopefully you get 1 of the jobs.

here all abit as normal not much interesting things this week. i had planned a 150 km bicycle trip for tomorrow but suddenly the monsoon broke lose powered by a fecking mistral wind. not my idea of bicycling fun :wink:
think im gonna lay in bed now the whole day tomorrow :lol:
[FuN]Joris

Postby Dutchman » Sun May 21, 2006 11:14 am

You wuss! :P

Yea, weather's gone totally pants as of Friday, got soaked on me way to work and the wind wasn't very helpful either (read, bloody pedal boats floating off, much to the dislike to quite some skippers of the canal boats :P)

Got some cleaning to do, but think I'm gonna continue with GTA:San Andreas, which I never finished and I now intend to do. I might also watch a film, not sure which yet o_O
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby kiss » Mon May 22, 2006 11:00 am

i `ve just read it about con & maz

good luck both!!!!

im sure u ll get the job that u want con

and im sure u ll "enjoy" ur new job hun

greets to all
kiss
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Postby [FuN]Joris » Tue May 23, 2006 8:59 pm

nutting interesting here, just work. thursday im going to see my dad, he's leaving to africa in a short while. for holidays but im a bit worried cause he wants to climb the kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in africa. just hoping he will be allright.... , he is not the youngest bloke in town you know. 8)
[FuN]Joris

Postby kiss » Wed May 24, 2006 10:43 am

wow! i really envy him...
anyway, how old is he?
kiss
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Postby Mac. » Wed May 24, 2006 10:48 am

This week im basically having FuN sorting out the FuN ET Summer cup

We really seem to be doing well !!

Suprising what you can do when you pull together as a team ;)
Mac.

Postby Connor » Wed May 24, 2006 5:13 pm

the size its becoming is staggering, tbh i think we should look for a friendly clan for the ettv server
Connor

Postby [FuN]Joris » Wed May 24, 2006 9:15 pm

cool to see all is goin well with the cup!
and for kiss my dad is 55 now.

worked today not much of interest again. sold 2 nice bikes to a newly wed couple, they got them for their marriage.
further alot of anoying old ppl always whining that there seats are to hard or it paddles to heavy or they think up some other stuff. rich old ppl are the worst..

well tonight gf is gone, so i got the house for me own :wink:
im going to have some [FuN]
[FuN]Joris

Postby Thomas » Fri May 26, 2006 8:38 am

today is my last day at work :o Then monday at school they will give me a test to see if i've learned something the past 6 weeks (while working at the import-export company). And then 13 weeks holidays. 8) 8) 8)
Thomas

Postby Dutchman » Fri May 26, 2006 7:46 pm

Good luck with that, Thomas! Hope you can prove enough that you've learned plenty!

13 weeks holiday :shock:
Bloody git :P

I'm hoping to take 2 weeks off late July, and perhaps a few more days in August, if a friend from abroad is coming over.

Ah well, I'm still enjoying myself at work, so I don't mind not having a long holiday, I've sat on me arse doing nothing plenty already for this year.

Going to Dusseldorf, Germany, tomorrow as me American Football team are playing in the World Bowl (final of the league) again, so we're hoping to make it a back-to-back championship and take that World Bowl back to where it belongs, right here in Amsterdam :D
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby junkster » Sun May 28, 2006 2:50 pm

Today I spent all afternoon catching up on the Forums. :D
junkster
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby [FuN]Joris » Mon May 29, 2006 8:05 pm

i had a heavy drinking weekend sunday i was totaly wasted. went fishing but i was to dizzy to see straight, so that wasn't very fruitfull. today i just cruised on on work, now im finaly got the feeling im sober again.

again its proven that the fun of booze doesn't weigh up to the aftermath.
(probably i'll remember this wisdom for 2 weeks before it goes horribly wrong again) :P
[FuN]Joris

Postby Dutchman » Mon May 29, 2006 10:39 pm

We lost the game, unfortunately, but I did have a good day.
When I got to the parking lot where we got the bus from, I bumped into an old mate who I hadn't seen nor spoken with for over 2 years, if not longer. So was very good to speak him again.

Back to work again, 2 late shifts (today and tomorrow), so home late too. Then I got Wednesday and Friday off, and work on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, so the weekend's going to be busy (especially as that's some kind of holiday again), luckily I got the Monday off.
Quiet day today though, don't suppose it'll be any different tomorrow. Even though I'd prefer working the early shift, 4 days in a row sleeping late surely must do me some good I hope :)
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby junkster » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:41 pm

I cut the grass! :shock:
junkster
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Dutchman » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:12 pm

12-hour day :shock:
Well, ok, actually it was 11.5 hours but I wanted to claim an extra 7 euro dinner money (which you only get if you've worked after 8pm, and also for at least 8 hours, but I qualified for that last one at half past 4 :P), so I stayed on for a lil bit longer and helped two colleagues.
Was ok though, but the frustrating part is that the location I worked at today is in the same building as the Tourist Office, and they're upstairs whereas we are next to the door. And they close at 5pm (yea, a Tourist Office for heaven's sake), so then we get overloaded with questions about where to go for such n such place (which we do get during the day as well, as the TO has a 30-min queue at the least), or if we can book a hotel room for them, most of them thinking we are also the TO. I don't mind helping them though, but some people are just too bloody stubborn or downright rude. They will then find that I am not so very helpful after all :wink:
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby [FuN]Joris » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:06 am

welll hi,

last week my gf was gone fora few nights.. so i misbehaved a bit last week, drank too much und watched to much p0rn. but hey a guy must have his fun once in a while.

today my best friend had his birthday, so i visited him, drank some beer ate some cake somked some grass, just the usual stuff, but fun.

tonight i had this awsome spree on et goldrush map 63 kill without a death with me old trusty mortar :P

for now nini
und auf wienerschnitzel
[FuN]Joris

Postby [AsC]Frags » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:45 pm

Hot today down here in crawley... Sadly I was working.

Then our Aircon decides to blow out at work and we are left with extreme heat in the building as the metal roof and high intensity lights acted like heaters.

Lots of sweat and overheating computers :/
[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby [FuN]Joris » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:08 pm

sounds nice frags :) your own tropicalholiday at work,mmmmm :lol:
had a nice days work myself too. lots of satisfied costumers, so i did good :P sold only 2 bikes, but i helped some nice girls (even gave one my mob phone number, dont tell my gf :wink: )

well she's gone for 2 days again so probably im gonna drink and game too much again this weekend....

we'll see 8)
[FuN]Joris

Postby --->inthed<--- » Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:09 pm

[FuN]Joris wrote: just the usual stuff, but fun.
:shock:

huh huh - he said "but fun" - huh huh
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:3-QLu3ApvckavM:www.corante.com/mooreslore/archives/images/beavis-butthead.jpeg
--->:D<---
--->inthed<---
New User
New User

Postby BrainBuG » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:41 pm

I've had no fun today :D
I made a mistake at work a while ago thats now showing up and it's gonna cost around € 2500.... grmf... :evil:
Other then that it's beautifull sunny day 8)
Boeie!!!!!! En nou opzouten met je hele droge hol!
BrainBuG
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby deadmonkey » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:20 pm

Cripes, well as long as it's not your money Bug and you don't work for your family ;)

We all make mistakes, that's the only way I've ever learnt anything.
deadmonkey
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby [AsC]Frags » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:54 pm

I had to get new tyres for me car...... so ended up cleaning it.... i can now see out of Windscreen when the sun is facing me lol

:)

Also sat in the car re-wiring the new stereo..... the cd player stopped working so i fiddled and its now playing CDs again. fingers crossed.
[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby [FuN]Joris » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:25 pm

had 2 days off, enjoyed the nice weather. yesterday i vissited my mom and today i went shopping for clothes. bought a new t-shirt, a pair of pants and a longsleeve.

in 10 days im leaving for summer holiday to mallorca :lol: just cant wait to go.
oo i just heard my dad has made it to the top of the killimanjaro and back!! he's chillin on the beach in zanzibar today 8) lucky bastard :wink:
[FuN]Joris

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat