UK ADSLmax Migration Halted

For general discussion not related to [FuN], Ascendance, or gaming.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

UK ADSLmax Migration Halted

Postby [AsC]Frags » Fri May 19, 2006 9:55 pm

Due to a load of problems (and coz BT are incompetent twits) ADSLmax Up to 8mbit rollout has been scrapped for now.

So those who were hoping to be upgraded may now find they may not be able to do so for the time.

Being on ADSLmax i have had more problems in last month than i have in 5 years of broadband. Nildram have been great but they are also fustrated and hacked off by BT (as have tonnes of other ISPs) and the top ISPs have demanded an urgent meeting with BT, and looks like this is a result of the meeting.

More info here >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/19/bt_max/
[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby spliffyed » Sat May 20, 2006 9:15 am

Thanks for that info Frags - was thinking of signing up to the faster speed but will now delay until the waves have stopped crashing on the pond . . .

It would be interesting to see a 'gamers' DSL thread where our experiences could be posted together - I've had some bad lags recently but all are attributed to the BT end as opposed to my ISP (Demon/Thus).

My ISP is expensive - but I enjoy a fixed IP (which I can use for VPN on the move) but would be interested in hearing other Funsters ISP experiences.

orra best . . .

Whoever said 'nothing's impossible' obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree
spliffyed

Return to General Chat