Worldpay Scam!

For general discussion not related to [FuN], Ascendance, or gaming.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

Worldpay Scam!

Postby [AsC]Frags » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:49 pm

I, and a few other people have recieved an email from merchant@uk.worldpay.co.uk saying that my account has recieved a chargeback.

It is supposedly from "Dave Gollick" and states than an amount has been deducted from your account.

This email does not direct you to go to a website or email them details but has an attached .exe file... it will affect windows users, it has not been said what the .exe file is and it scans clean on antivirus & spyware, but it probably is a new trojan.

http://www.worldpay.co.uk/ shows the scam on the top of the site.

Just thought i'd post so you can let friends, relatives know as some may be fooled by the fact it is not asking to go to a site.

Hello

My name is Dave and I am from the Support of WorldPay.

We have received the payment order (ID 0220712,Receipt Date 09/07/2006) from you and we need to make a verification of the details you have filled in, as we have received a notice from your card service stating that there was a chargeback made by the owner of the card with which you have made the payment and that your level of authorization has been altered during your last transaction.

This is a very serious matter. We have deducted the amount of the chargeback, GBP 149.89, from your account and added our standard fee of GBP 24.00 as well (you can see your payment details in the attachment).

We have failed to contact you using the telephone number you have provided earlier, meeting no response.

As a precaution, we have limited access to your account in order to protect against future unauthorized transactions.Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your personal information.

Please contact your credit card company to resolve this matter.

Best Regards,
Dave Gollick
shop***@**.worldpay.com
[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Return to General Chat