Hello

For general discussion not related to [FuN], Ascendance, or gaming.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

Hello

Postby Mac. » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:12 am

Hi guys girls and aliens !!

Sorry its been so long, to say I have had a stressfull month or two is an under statement but I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel now, unless its a bloody lorry coming straight for me :shock:

Will start to be a little more active where I can.. but firstly a quick rant !!

OMFG I hate Microsoft !! since I have had no connection at home whilst the move and change I have now got back online and did the stupid thing by leaving my PC on 48hrs onlt to find good old Microsoft has done one of its famous upgrades and installs on my PC which has now totally fooked up my grafiz settings so I cant play ET anymore :(

Now before you all start laughing.. I have tried reinstalling and everything and you name it I have given it a go, but yet when I go into ET my screen looks like its on an intensity trip !! and its soooooo bright I have given up trying to find the solution..

Now you can start laughing.. Ive decided to upgrade to the Windows Vista.. can anyone advise before I do it what I need and if ET will still play ?

Regards your FuN family member forever !!

Mac
Mac.

Postby Dutchman » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:20 pm

Welcome back! :D

As for your pc probs, ask one of the clan geeks, meaning not me :wink:
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby deadmonkey » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:38 pm

Firstly, I don't think you can upgrade, it's a rebuild to vista.

Secondly, I'd never touch a beta os for your main pc, as guaranteed something you really like to run will not work. Stick with xp, at least until it's released.

Thirdly, how can the update change your graphics settings, assuming it didn't include a directx update?
deadmonkey
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby mazza » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:02 pm

aye its pantz according to con, or did he say it was good.........

errr can't remember hon tbh :lol:

but i think he installed it on a second drive as opposed to go full on, but if i remember correctly frags said it was pants, but then again he may have said it was good......

I really ought to listen more but i'm pretty sure it got the thumbs down on both parts...

Can't u just start with a basic cfg and then build yer own from there btw :?:
mazza

Postby [AsC]Frags » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:15 am

Stay away from vista..... i had it on my computer and i could not believe how slow my computer was with it.... a 3GHz P4 with 1gb ram with vista ran like a 1.5GHz P4 with 128Mb RAM with XP. And that was with all the graphics enhancements turned off. I was running in classic mode (like Win2000).

Never again... for such a late beta it needs a helluva lot of work in it.
[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby Mac. » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:00 am

Ok update !

downloaded all new ATI drivers and stuff last night did a full cleanup, also re done directx 9.0c, then went for ET deletion...

Right, did a reinstall of ET normal stuff.. stuck back in my old ETkey and config and hey presto... it all works as normal..

ok had enough of fragging so went for a cuppa tea and to do dinner, went back to PC started up ET again and guess what.. setting have all fooked up again..

all i can describe it as, is you know when your playing your normal game with your settings and then you join one of these servers that have weird settings for ETPRO and then everything in your config goes a little weird well this is what im getting.. I will try and take some screen shots tonight and then you can laugh your ass off how bright everything is.

Mac
Mac.

Postby deadmonkey » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:45 am

That seems a good sign that you can get it sorted.

Is there anything funny in your et cfg?

Assume the dx tests all look ok?

And have you got any other games on you can try?
deadmonkey
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Mac. » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:06 pm

yup SWAT and deer hunter 2 all ok just ET

now gonna go through cfg and double check.
Mac.

Return to General Chat