MP Fear for Free

For general discussion not related to [FuN], Ascendance, or gaming.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

MP Fear for Free

Postby Wolfeh » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:26 pm

Don't know if this is any good but its free as from 17-Aug-06

http://www.joinfear.com/us/

Sierra Entertainment today announced that the multiplayer component from the award winning PC title F.E.A.R. (First Encounter Assault Recon), has been renamed F.E.A.R. Combat, and will be made available to the public as a free download on Thursday August 17th, 2006.

F.E.A.R. Combat is the complete multiplayer component of F.E.A.R. and includes all the updates, additional official maps and additional official game modes all in one downloadable file. F.E.A.R. Combat users will be able to play against the owners of the retail version of F.E.A.R. as well as the other F.E.A.R. Combat users.

F.E.A.R. Combat features:

* 10 Multiplayer Game modes.
* 19 Multiplayer Maps.
* 12 different weapons.
* Punkbuster support for anti cheat support.
* The capability to download user generated content.

To play F.E.A.R. Combat, consumers simply go to www.joinfear.com and register to obtain their free, Combat keycode. When the file is made available for download on Aug 17th 2006, consumers can install, enter their keycode, and get ready to join F.E.A.R. Combat!
Wolfeh
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Goku » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:20 pm

i think you can also get it off of www.whereisit.com
Goku
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby [FuN]CompuWolf » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:56 am

I like free online games... it's the n0obs that come with them that sux :x
[FuN]CompuWolf
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby deadmonkey » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:44 am

Now that the mp part of fear is on a free download, [FuN]Compuwolf is looking at setting up a server running it to replace the cod1 server.

If you haven't got a copy, then you can download it for nowt here http://www.joinfear.com/

If you don't know anything about it, then there's tons of reviews here http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/fear/review.html
deadmonkey
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Goku » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:33 pm

i cant dl it ne ways... like 1.8 gig or summit... need a bigger hd tbh... although... i could uninstall ut2004 and that would give alot of space.... but ive been playing that alot with my dad so....
Goku
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby deadmonkey » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:02 pm

If you've got xfire you can download it from here http://www.xfire.com/files/2051

Goku you can't find 1.8Gig? :shock:

Empty your temp internet files of all that pron or buy a bigger hdd ;)
deadmonkey
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Goku » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:53 pm

>.< my hd is only 25.5 gig.... i need a new one... but my old homework comp blew up so now my dad has got to get stuff for that.... so... chances of me getting a new hd anytime soon are slim... unless... i use the $100 that i have towards my laptop <_<
which i dont want to do.. *sigh* decisions decisions... i think the cheapest i can find would be this.
either
Samsung (SP0411N) 40GB 7200RPM ATA-100, 2MB, 3YR MFG - $54.00
Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 8 40GB 7200RPM 2MB ATA-133 - 3YR MFG - $55.00
plus shipping and 14% tax >.< both of those are from mysterybyte.com
which is a local comp. shop here... smaller than a conveinence store tbh :X
but... it dont look like ne one in my house is gonna play ut2004 ne more so i might just take that off and
free like 6 gig :D ... and defrag later.

EDIT: Okay.... i might be able to do this... i just uninstalled c++ since i dont use it much on this pc..
so im gonna try to free up more.. hopefully i can get enuff for the download and have room to install.. if not i can always transfer the download to my dads pc and install it off that.... but as i said... ill see what i can do :>

EDIT2: I freed up to 4 gig... should give me enuff space.. then ill delete installer after.
Goku
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby deadmonkey » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:24 pm

He he nice one.

Imho you'd be better off hanging onto the cash and buying a bigger drive for a little more later, like the samsung 250gb version ;)
deadmonkey
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Warpig » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:52 pm

i still waiting my key... how long does it take to come? I Registered and dl:ed it yesterday
Warpig

Postby Pendragon » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:10 pm

The key comes in a few seconds, Thing is most spam traps bin it. You ISP may be blocking it, this is what was happening to me. I re-registered using a Google-mail account. The spam filter caught it but you can still look at spam with Google-mail.

If you need a Google-mail account just give me a shout.
Pendragon

Postby Warpig » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:24 pm

hmpf... just checked my hotmail account and it was waiting for me to activating it.. :( i guess it goes disabled if u dont use it for a while. k, need to reregister with new email.
Got the key from my friend and tried game, not really getting into it yet.
Also Wierd Al was shooting me even i was on same side.. lol
Theres no friendly fire thingy in it? For me it was also very hard to tell whos friendly/foe they all look same (yes, enemy name is written in red, but text is hard to see) :S
Warpig

Postby junkster » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:10 am

Friends have a symbol above their heads. :D Piggy always did teamattack anyway - only kills he could get! :P
junkster
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Warpig » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:08 am

junkster wrote:Friends have a symbol above their heads. :D Piggy always did teamattack anyway - only kills he could get! :P

ah, thats what it is, but it looks like those symbols are everywhere in the screen even no1 near u..makes screen very messy.

anyway, it looks like running FEAR server was a good idea from FuNners (hard to get in, cos its always full..at least when ive tried)
Warpig

Postby Pendragon » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:39 pm

I had a quick look last night. A bit of a fragfest... not my favorite type of thing. I have become to used to Battlefield, big open "sand pit" style gaming. To think I played MoH:BT solidly for two years. I should be used to small maps, but with the last two years playing big open maps has changed my way of playing. First of those two years playing Joint Operations (Novagames) and the last year with BF:2. I was a little surprised with the graphics, it didn't look to hot. Maybe I will have to mess with the settings a little...
Pendragon

Return to General Chat