iPod help

For general discussion not related to [FuN], Ascendance, or gaming.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

iPod help

Postby Lionheart » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:56 pm

Hi gang...i need help or should i say info.

Gonna get a new ipod soon and need to know will it play all my MP3's??

As far as i know all i need to do is download apples itunes player and it will simply convert all music to play in the ipod.

Have also bought a slick phillips docking station with RDS Radio...thought it was time my old huge pioneer stereo must go. :-(
And the whole cabinet space it sits in......want to make space in my new playboy flat. ;-)

And the ipod solution seemed the way to go ... its small slick and no need to use my PC to play all my music.

Any experiences out there with the ipod then ???
Lionheart

Postby Cpt.Miller » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:25 pm

Hi LH

The Ipod will copy files from your pc to itself, i was a bit worried, b4 i got mine due to reading mis informed people on other forums, but you must go through itunes not just drag and drop like with most other mp3 players.

One thing about ipods is the volume can be a bit low (Any problems give me a shout)

Cpt
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby leprechaun » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:40 am

I have an iPod and everything is good. But i dont like iTunes,
I prefer, as Cpt mentioned, when you can drag and drop files via the windows-explorer.

At firs the maximum volume was way to low, but I was able to change that in the volume-settings.!?

/L£P
The more I learn the more I realize what I dont know
leprechaun

Postby [AsC]Frags » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:54 pm

yup ipod genrally handles mp3 files all ok, although iPods themselves do not support mp3. As was stated above you need to convert by importing to the itunes library. If you do not liek iTunes (it tends to kill some CD/DVD writers on Windows) you can also use the newer versions of Winamp.

The only files i have had problems with are copy protected files, and these are few and far between.
[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby Lionheart » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:28 am

Thx guys......got it yesturday....nice new nano ipod.....and im sussed. Not to sure on itunes but i'll get the hang of it. rating all my songs already etc. etc.

Nice bit of kit...and it loks well nice in my phillips mini stereo. :D
Lionheart

Postby SenecaWolf » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:42 am

The only complaint I had about my ipod is having to convert my movies into the correct format, took me about 16 hours to do 400 videos, but, its soooooo worth it at work.
SenecaWolf
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Return to General Chat