[FuN] Members Advantage

For general discussion not related to [FuN], Ascendance, or gaming.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

[FuN] Members Advantage

Postby {DeMoN}Sk!pp » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:11 am

Hi All,

I was wondering how come all [FuN Members have extra Nades ?

Do you not class this as a Advantage for your members ?

I dont see wot the difference is with having a cheat on anythin that gives you a Advantage over others is wrong surely... Even if you pay for the Advantage !!

Just my opinion dont want to upset anyone...

Just wanted to see wot everyone else thought :roll:
Last edited by {DeMoN}Sk!pp on Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{DeMoN}Sk!pp

Postby Lionheart » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:29 am

Good point.........ok this use to bug me at first....but once i got into the spirit of this site and got to know now the clan members....im not bothered anymore.

I sometimes look at my score and think hey not bad considering against some i start with a slight disadvantage.

I suppose in all the best attitude to take is "its only a game".

Sometimes though in TDM its also an advantage for you...which we shouldnt forget.

Now when cheaters are on thats different.....i refuse to play and rather spectate or go.

Can see where your coming from though Sk!p..................i just play and dont think about.....till i trip of the first tripwire...GRRRRRRRR ;-=
Lionheart

Postby Keiser Soze » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:58 am

He's alive after all :D Hi Skipp!... it was the only way we can drag your intention m8 ;)

Anyway altough you can see this as advantage I solemnly swear I don't use them as much as i could ;)

The other thing is that we have Jake "The bomber" who's very found of them and like to blow himself up every second he got a chance :roll:
In a way he's addicted to suiced bombing himself and there is no better way but to let him to do it :lol:
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
Cerberos -game server rcon tool
"One man with a gun can control 100 without one."
- Vladimir Lenin -
"Listen kid, life is like a dame; you spend your days trying to dance to her tune,
and she still ends up loving some other fella better."
- Humphrey Bogart -
"No man was ever wise by chance."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby SayeTeT13 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:57 pm

lol keiser :D
skipp is right i think funners shouldnt be different and have an atvantage...
but i didnt see it disturb demons from dominating mayhem whenever they play..... :wink:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------\
on the seventh day god wasnt really resting... he was playing cod
----------------------------------------------------------------------------/
SayeTeT13

Postby Mr. Mac » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:35 pm

This is only on mayhem, advantage appears only because all FuN members have star rank on server.
I don't thing that should cause any problems since u Demons very quickly achieve that rank :wink: .

If u ran into a trip u can always disable it & 2 more nades to your backpack.

Thrust me Jake wouldn't mind having, in addition to this 4, extra pack of nades :lol:

I intend to live forever - so far so good.

When the only tool you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby {DeMoN}Sk!pp » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:03 pm

Hi Lads & Ladies

Im not saying its a disadvantage to {DeMoN} Members im talkin about average players. :roll:

[FuN] is for having [FuN] and playing fair.

A example [FuN] Member respawn 10 times = 40 nades
A none [FuN] Member respawns 10 times = 10 nades
Possability = 30 extra kills.

Im only saying its a disadvantage to all none members.
{DeMoN}Sk!pp

Postby mazza » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:23 pm

gosh i agree with u, what happened to [FuN] welcoming players to their servers, [FuN]ners should have same ammo, hp as everyone else :!:
mazza

Postby Cpt.Miller » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:35 pm

Who ever said war was fair.

Cpt.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:50 pm

I think it's unfair Claire has the ability to bash people, I think that should be taken away.... :wink:

Give people like Jamie a break, will you, they're pretty useless at the game as it is already :P

Don't mind either way tbh, can understand why it might upset some, but as far as I know this setting has been like this for a while and it's taken this long for someone to actually mention it, so does the average regular really mind? If so, then imo the server admins would need to rethink. But in the end, it's up to them, they run the server for their fun :)
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby mazza » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:55 pm

I think its taking away from what Clan [FuN] used to b all about, fairness but its ure clan now and not mine, but to see it coming to advantageous behaviour I'm quite glad i left when i did :roll:
mazza

Postby Cpt.Miller » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:08 pm

Tbh iv'e had enougth, i have tryed to run the server as best i can but i cant run it the way everyone wants, so i have decided to pass the server admin over to who ever wants it. The main reason for players getting a higher ranking was to try to encourage players to donate to keep the server going, so it is not just for funners it was a perk for those who had donated.

Any way any member wanting to take over please get hold of me(you know how)

Jamie
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby SNAiLMAN. » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:14 pm

Noticed along time ago when killing a newley spawned fun member gave you some extra nades.
Didnt care to much but still its a first class cheat to me.

Kinda funny seeing some demons talking about it tho and beeing right for ones xD i mean you guys call everyone with even a bit of skill a cheater with no proof and now you get it right for once.

//
Snailman
Last edited by SNAiLMAN. on Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SNAiLMAN.
New User
New User

Postby Simba » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:18 pm

Couldnt agree more with u Snaily. And if war shouldnt be fair, why complain on other? Dont seem right to me either.

Aye Skipp?
Define irony!

A bunch of fools singing and dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a planecrash.

Steve Buscemi - Con Air
Simba
New User
New User

Postby Prof » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:20 pm

I'm hoping you meant 'proof' there, not 'Prof', m8 ;)

I have to agree with Maz on this point that I am disappointed to see some given advantage over others in this way. Lebelge has also suggested that he posted here and his post has since been deleted.

Having said all that, I understand fully the fact that it is not easy to launch a server and keep it going like this, Jamie :)
[Mobsters]Prof
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
#[mobsters] Quakenet IRC
Prof
Site Partner
Site Partner

Postby SNAiLMAN. » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:22 pm

corrected m8 :D
SNAiLMAN.
New User
New User

Postby Zezzy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:23 pm

Never thought this was possible to be honest.

Have to ask, is it fun to spawn with more nades then everyone else?
[Mobsters]ZeZzY
http://mobsters.sonen.no
#[Mobsters] on IRC @ Quakenet
#I don't have a drinking problem. I drink, i get drunk, i pass out - NO PROBLEM#
Zezzy
Site Partner
Site Partner

Postby mazza » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:24 pm

Jamie u will always get objections running a server, its par for the course and that's why these forums are here so ppl can discuss the way things are run. I am entitled to state my opinion here and will do so, if u want to debate this nades thing, fine i am more than up for it. It's ure server and u pay for it. I just THINK (yes i do that now and again) that it is being unfair to other players, so what i am now hearing is that if ppl can donate a couple of quid then they are 'buying' the extra nades :?:

Surely there's gotta b a better way of rewarding donators than that
mazza

Postby Cpt.Miller » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:37 pm

Thanks for the replys, but its a shame its taken 6 months to bring this up.

Anyway i will be removing the rank system so as not to be called a cheater ;)

Cya guys around

Jamie
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:44 pm

I think a lot of you are making too big a thing out of this.
Granted, it was a fair question to be asked by one of the regulars, but before someone has actually been able to clarify, all kinds of accusations are made. Fine, forums are for discussions, but give people a chance to respond accordingly.
I'm not trying to defend this nade-policy, nor attack it. Sure, it may be unfair to those who don't get the extra nades, but if it's really for those who donate and those who run the server, then it is all the more fair imo. I think people should be rewarded for the effort they put in.

Don't make an elephant out of a mosquito - a nice Dutch phrase for you :wink:

Prof wrote:Lebelge has also suggested that he posted here and his post has since been deleted.

Please explain, as I'd like to know what post he's talking about. Also wonder what this has got to do with this issue tbh, if he's got a problem, he can contact the forums admins himself. He is aware of my censorship on his posts, but I have thus far only edited one or two posts which were only aimed at me
[FuN]Dutchman
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby SayeTeT13 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:59 pm

whow guys i think u went to far with this give jamie a break.... he's doing hes best...
j i arrge u to reconsider.. no one can replace u, ur the right man for the job...
and to u mazza and the other vetrans im playing ur servers since cod1 early days...
never seen an admin who did more for the servers... who changed and made effort to plz most of the ppl....
and i dont know if u contribute money to the server or not... but if u dont... after jamie said he did it to attract contributers
u should have not said anything... like u said ur not admin anymore... and another thing... in cod 1 fun clan werent that wellcoming as 2day... most of the ppl on the servers wasnt even funners... sure u were more skilled.. no doubt about it.. but 2day fun is more about the fun.. like it should be and not bout the skill...
and jamie.. again.. plz reconsider ur decision... im sure all funners want u to stay admin...
SayeTeT13

Postby lebelge » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:04 pm

i never see you to fun server cod 1, SayeTeT13.
lebelge

Postby J a k e ' » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:04 pm

I agre Plees dont do this :shock:
J a k e '
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby SayeTeT13 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:07 pm

lebelge wrote:i never see you to fun server cod 1, SayeTeT13.

ovcousre u didnt..... hard to see other ppl when ur camping in a closed room.....
SayeTeT13

Postby lebelge » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:07 pm

miller want left?

what a kid again :D take your responsability man.

omg sayete13.maybe you re bald like your avatar :D
lebelge

Postby SayeTeT13 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:13 pm

lol yeah i wonder why he's posts get deleted.... ur all right i was wrong... jamie plz quit
and lets start calling ppl names....
SayeTeT13

Postby Cpt.Miller » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:14 pm

lebelge wrote:miller want left?

Yes i decided my time was up.

Jamie
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby lebelge » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:23 pm

Cpt.Miller wrote:
lebelge wrote:miller want left?

Yes i decided my time was up.

Jamie

why you left?why no do apologies and stay.

you left too when you have a probleme in reel life?
or maybe you left for made fault of us?its not adult attitude.
lebelge

Postby spliffyed » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:23 pm

Sighs . . .

Please reconsider your admin duties - the remaining clan members who have embraced COD know well all the efforet you have put into the game and getting the new servers going again - and would be sad to see you go. Co-opt some of them to help you out and ease the workload.

(I can see Mazza's point that all should be equal - tbh in [fp]clan i dont understand why donating to server funds gets you admin status - while other more knowledgeble players have none) - perhaps it just needs a review of membership priviledges on servers)

Hope you work things out :)

and lebelge . . . if you cant be constuctive keep quiet . . . or drink cyanide or something else pls.

Whoever said 'nothing's impossible' obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree
spliffyed

Postby cinaM » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:26 pm

"Cheating is a big NO" says your server rules still you are giving extra nade to everyone wearing [FuN] tag? No offence but that sounds bit dodgy if not cheating to me.

Is it possible that I give fastshoot script to every [Mobsters] member cos apparently this kind of behaviour is accepted? Or are cheats/unfair advantages allowed to [FuN] members only?

Ive been playing on [FuN] servers since CoD 1.3 which was long time before most current members had even heard of [FuN]. And ive always been respecting [FuN] for providing great servers and multiplayer battles. However some recent issues and now this have taken my respect mostly if not all away. [FuN] isnt fun or [FuN] anymore.

Greetings,

cinam ex-player on your servers.
cinaM

Postby Cpt.Miller » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:46 pm

First off, I decided to stop being the main admin not due to the workload nor even due to this thread, I have been saying for a while now that I was getting board with playing CoD2 and was feeling about being admin on a game server that I was loosing interest in.

As for "its not adult attitude" wtf

I never liked Mayhem, I am a S&D player so what do I care about what setting are used, like I have said b4 I set this up to encourage donations, and as I have had to just refund nearly £150 donated by mainly Mayhem players, I was thinking it was working. As 4 being an advantage, do you not think I was keeping an eye open for this, if any one who said it was an advantage obviously never checked the stats page when only 1 person who had the highest ranking from the first round made it in to the top 10, and he was just in 6th.

If I were throwing my toys out of the pram, I would have not offered to pass server admin over to someone else and would of just shut down the servers and said f**k it!

I have not left [FuN](you all trying to get rid of me? ;)) I only said I want to pass overall server admin on to someone who might be able to breathe fresh life in to the servers. I am willing to help this person I whatever way I can.

I take my duties very seriously, and will not change that.

Jamie.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby mazza » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:49 pm

and to u mazza and the other vetrans im playing ur servers since cod1 early days...
never seen an admin who did more for the servers... who changed and made effort to plz most of the ppl....

I would like to point out that i am not a member of [FuN] but i have been around for loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong b4 Cod was even a pipe dream, I am not having a pop at Jamie or any other admin, i for one know it is a very hard job to do, however I do still care about [FuN] having been a member since almost the beginning and wouldn't like to see the good name of [FuN] dragged thru the mud. I am still friends with many funners and will remain so, the good name of [FuN] means more to me than many of u can possibly imagine.

Jamie i respect its something that u thought u would try and the masses have objected to it, u have now removed it, I personally think that is the sign of a good server admin as u are giving ppl what they want, it is a tireless and thankless job.

Thanks for the replys, but its a shame its taken 6 months to bring this up.

Sorry Jamie i don't read the forums as often as i used to, if i had known this was the case 6 months ago i would definitely have brought this up myself instead of reading someone else's post about it.

Don't make an elephant out of a mosquito - a nice Dutch phrase for you

I don't think anyone is making "an elephant out of a mosquito" or a Mountain from a molehill here tbh dutchy and ppl shouldn't be attacking Jamie personally but challenging the policy, as i hope that's what i have done here. Just as Jamie shouldn't take too much from the posts, they are not personally attacking him but attacking this policy of being able to buy nades

I never liked Mayhem, I am a S&D player so what do I care about what setting are used, like I have said b4 I set this up to encourage donations,

I don't even play Cod m8, just concerned with the good name of [FuN] nothing more

As 4 being an advantage, do you not think I was keeping an eye open for this, if any one who said it was an advantage obviously never checked the stats page when only 1 person who had the highest ranking from the first round made it in to the top 10, and he was just in 6th.

Maybe ppl with extra nades are just pants at throwing them :?: :P

I just seriously see it as cheating, if u don't agree then so be it, just seems to me that its against everything that [FuN] ever stood for
Last edited by mazza on Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mazza

Postby Cpt.Miller » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:53 pm

cinaM wrote:"Cheating is a big NO" says your server rules still you are giving extra nade to everyone wearing [FuN] tag? No offence but that sounds bit dodgy if not cheating to me.

Is it possible that I give fastshoot script to every [Mobsters] member cos apparently this kind of behaviour is accepted? Or are cheats/unfair advantages allowed to [FuN] members only?

Ive been playing on [FuN] servers since CoD 1.3 which was long time before most current members had even heard of [FuN]. And ive always been respecting [FuN] for providing great servers and multiplayer battles. However some recent issues and now this have taken my respect mostly if not all away. [FuN] isnt fun or [FuN] anymore.

Greetings,

cinam ex-player on your servers.

I have said already thats it a shame its taken this long for this to be brought up, so i can rely Sympathise with you and know how it must of troubled you over these past months and so mush so you had to start this topic, oh wait you didn't start it.

This has been blown up beyond beleaf, it sadens me, it realy does :(

Jamie
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby lebelge » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:57 pm

SayeTeT13 wrote:and to u mazza and the other vetrans im playing ur servers since cod1 early days...

you re wrong.

mazza ,warpig ,killa ,kiss,and few others made best reputation for fun server..i remenber they admin servers 24h/24.
lebelge

Postby SayeTeT13 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:02 pm

do, however I do still care about [FuN] having been a member since almost the beginning and wouldn't like to see the good name of [FuN] dragged thru the mud.

well.. rome wasnt bulid in a day.. and wasnt crushed in one also... if u saw fun is dragging into the mud why didnt u stop it b4? or u did and i dont know about it... so i would like to know now....
SayeTeT13

Postby mazza » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:04 pm

will u guys stop posting while i'm still editing my posts plz :P

u saw fun is dragging into the mud why didnt u stop it b4? or u did and i dont know about it... so i would like to know now....

I seen it today and posted today, what more do u want? blood?? i do have real life to live to u know :P
mazza

Next

Return to General Chat