The next Call of Duty revealed!

For general discussion not related to [FuN], Ascendance, or gaming.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

The next Call of Duty revealed!

Postby Mr. Mac » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:50 pm

I got mail form activision about this looks like cod is going back to WW

Title is CoD World at war

link

Call of Duty®: World at War completely changes the rules of engagement by redefining WWII gaming and thrusting players into the final tension-filled, unforgiving battles against a new ferocious enemy in the most dangerous and suspenseful action ever seen in WWII.

Powered by Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare™technology, Call of Duty: World at War brings an uncensored edge to combat, as soldiers face the most harrowing and climatic European and Pacific battles in which an enemy, who knows no surrender and no retreat, will fight to the last breath, unleashing an arsenal of lethal surprising tactics. Peril and danger lurk throughout the battlefield as players combat the unknown risk of the new chaos of battle.

I intend to live forever - so far so good.

When the only tool you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby jcket » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:58 pm

OMFG......this is going to be amazing...cant wait......cod2 witha cod4 skin.....WOW...or should i say WAW (World At WAR).....lol
jcket
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Dutchman » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:03 am

I somehow can't get past that first page, no matter what birthdate I fill in.
And no, before someone wants to make the comment, that page cannot check what my real age is so that ain't the problem either :P

I'm using Firefox, would be surprised if that'd be the problem tho.

But then I'll just comment on the rumour. Think it's brilliant they're going back to WWII and hope it'll be worth it. That would definately mean I need to buy myself a proper system tho, as my laptop surely won't run it :P
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Mr. Mac » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:56 pm

link works fine 4 me & I'm using Mozilla also m8

try only www.callofduty.com

I intend to live forever - so far so good.

When the only tool you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:46 pm

That didn't matter, thanks for the tip tho
Managed to get in now tho, I hit enter after filling in the dates instead of clicking on Submit. It's things like these why I dislike the use of Flash on so many websites tbh

Looks cool tho, as I said, I'm glad they've gone back to what made the CoD series famous, the WWII theater.
It's going to be the same developer who did CoD3 on the consoles, called Treyarch, and according to wikipedia it's "scheduled to ship before the end of Activision's 2009 fiscal year" - Anyone know when their fiscal year ends, is that December 31st or a different date? :o
It also says the following regarding gameplay:
Swimming elements will be introduced to the series for the first time in single player and multiplayer. While in water, the player can not sprint and will only move at half speed. Also, flamethrowers will be introduced for the first time with flammable environments. Plus swords have been seen and it has been said the game will have a more mature theme.
Nice that they're finally introducing swimming, makes it more realistic imo. Flamethrowers will be cool, but weren't those present in earlier games too. Or are they with saying 'for the first time' referring to the fact that you can set things on fire... That'll surely bring out the pyromaniacs hiding in us :wink:

Ah well, it's surely going to take a while longer, I reckon they're pushing for a 2009 Christmas release date

linky to wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_World_at_War
[FuN]Dutchman
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Coke » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:48 pm

havent read it yet, but... Please not a future game..
ok, lets see.
YES! ITS WWII!
(\_/) This is Bunny.
(O.o) Copy Bunny into your signature
(> <) to help him on his way to world domination.
"s*** Happens" Forrest Gump, 1994.
Coke

Return to General Chat