Rent War Servers??

For general discussion not related to [FuN], Ascendance, or gaming.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

Rent War Servers??

Postby Cpt.Miller » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:33 pm

I have been thinking about this for a while, FuN has cod2,4 and soon could be a cod5 war servers. ATM they are off line but are there if we ever want/need them.

There are plenty of clans out there that have no war server to have a war on unless they play against another clan that do. Could FuN not offer to rent there war server to another clan for 3 maps or what ever.

This would generate extra income to fund the servers and also attrack more people to both the servers and the forums, the only down side that i can see is that a FuN member would have to be about to monitor that the server is not abused.

Well what do you guys think??
Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:47 pm

Not a bad idea, but yea, you would need someone to keep an eye during these "rent-outs" to make sure no abuse takes place and of course to promote [FuN] during these wars.
But if it generates income, I'm sure several members wouldn't mind spending the odd night out to monitor in order to keep the servers running and potentially increase FuN's popularity.

Do you know of many clans that would be interested in this though? Perhaps try it out with one of them and see how it goes.
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:56 pm

I guess its a case of just advertise it on the servers/forums and see what the demand is like, also they might want a FuN'er to make up a side, so if any fun'er wanted to take part in wars they could have this option.
Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Return to General Chat