Summer Holidays

For general discussion not related to [FuN], Ascendance, or gaming.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

Summer Holidays

Postby Dutchman » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:30 am

Early July, summer has already begun so I'm wondering what everyone's plans are for the summer.
Are you going away somewhere, or looking forward to something local? Or are you just going to enjoy your time off by generally doing nothing and enjoying the weather?

Needless to say, I'll be in the UK again. Am leaving next week Wednesday with a mate, fly to Liverpool and then head off to North Wales. We're not sticking by a detailed schedule, altough we do have a rough plan which will guide us to the 2 weeks. General idea is to have a look around Liverpool first, we fly in the morning, and then head off to the North Wales coastal town of Llandudno (I'm trying to pronounce it properly in Welsh, but will no doubt fail miserably when I'm there). One of the things I definetely want to while there, is to walk up Mount Snowdon. Shouldn't be too hard, have got plenty of experience in the Alps and Pyrennees, but they say the weather around Snowdon can be quite tricky.
After probably staying in Llandudno for about 3 nights, the idea is to head down south, by train through Snowdonia and along the West Welsh Coast to Aberystwyth (which I'm not even going to try to pronounce, but I understand they shorten it to just 'Aber'), and after a few days all the way down to Cardiff. Hoping to do a cycle ride from Cardiff into the Brecon Beacons, a national park north of Cardiff which, judging by the pictures I've seen, should be lovely.
After Cardiff we're going to head down to Penzance in one go, so should be a 5,5h train ride (and no, I'm not telling you when we pass through Bristol, Claire). Penzance and area isn't unfamiliar to me, having been there a couple of times before, but so far it hasn't started to get boring. Hoping to do a day trip to the Isles of Scilly, but like with all other ideas we have, we're just going to take it by the day and see what we fancy doing next. After a few days of Southwest Cornwall we hope to catch the nighttrain back to London and finish off our holiday there, before returning home by train.
Alltogether we'll be gone for 15days and I'm most of all looking forward to Wales. I've been to Cardiff 5years ago but haven't seen any other part of Wales so it's all going to be new to me but am already getting excited about the many things I've looked up and intend to go see.
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:23 am

We have nothing planed yet but hopefully we will be going on a plane somewhere hot, that will be some time in October.

Might pay a visit to Templemeads to do some Dutchy spotting ;)

I spent a couple of night on the Brecon Beacons, nice place for camping out, watch out for the army tho, as they use it for training, Its the British army not the Yanks, so friendly fire should not happen ;)

Hope you enjoy yourself m8, and post pic's on return :)

Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:52 pm

Yea, on our cycling trip through Southern England years ago we came across army warning signs on the Salisbury Plains if I remember correctly, and they read something along the lines of "beware of tanks", that was funny, although we didn't see any :( My dad and brother did get into a little argument at an army base for taking pictures of a (disused) Apache helicopter that was stationed right at the entrance to the base.
If I do see them though, I will try to keep my calm and not provoke em, also got to remember to do the same thing at the airport :shock:

I reckon we're better off hijacking the train from Cardiff, let it pass through Bristol without stopping and let us change trains somewhere else :P
Told Claire I'd let her know when we were at Temple Meads though. Yes, past tense, ain't gonna tell that insane blonde when I'm going to be there ;)
[FuN]Dutchman
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Dutchman » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:34 am

Cheerio, see you all in 2 weeks Image
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Keiser Soze » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:21 pm

Have fun.

I'm also planning to visit "The Island" although no strict plan for now. I should be somewhere at the beginning of October. Was planning to come in Bristol to see what is going there. Unfortunately flight routes are very bad toward Bristol from here, and the connections from London toward there are not that good. Basically problem is with arrival and departures of planes, where they come to late or go too early :(

I might consider some other options due that fact, or just stick to the plan how ever it goes :D
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
Cerberos -game server rcon tool
"One man with a gun can control 100 without one."
- Vladimir Lenin -
"Listen kid, life is like a dame; you spend your days trying to dance to her tune,
and she still ends up loving some other fella better."
- Humphrey Bogart -
"No man was ever wise by chance."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Return to General Chat