harry potter 7,

For general discussion not related to [FuN], Ascendance, or gaming.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

harry potter 7,

Postby webby117 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:13 pm

IMDB has said that the last harry potter movie will be split into 2 parts, with a gap of 8 months between first half in november 2010 and part 2 in july 2011

its been said they are doing it like this in order to fit in as much of the story from the book they can

im thinking it'll turn out quite good
webby117

Postby Cpt.Miller » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:04 pm

I've heard that awhile ago, more to do with making more money then being true to the books, look at the films from 3 onwards, each one of them missed loads of stuff that matter come the last book.

Im waiting for them to do the hobbit, that could be made into 2-3 films.

Anyone know if another Bourne film is in the making?

Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby jcket » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:30 pm

ive heard there making another police accadamy....lol
jcket
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Dutchman » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:40 pm

Technically IMDB doesn't say anything, as it's not a person, but that's a different discussion.

Been known for a long time that they would split Deathly Hallows into 2 parts, and yes Jamie, of course it's to do with bringing in more money, can you blame them.
Having said that, I can understand them wanting to split it because of it being the finale to the series and they wouldn't want to miss out vital parts. I wouldn't know about previous films, I've only read the last 2 books. You're always going to have to cut, even Peter Jackson and his 3h-long sagas reputation couldn't put one HP book into a single film.

The Hobbit's going to be a 2-parter as well, first part to be released December 2011 and the 2nd part 12months later

A fourth Bourne film is said to be in the making, called The Bourne Legacy, but reading it won't be based on any of Ludlum's novels, I fear this is only a way for the film studio to make some good cash and the film itself will just be another average Hollywood blockbuster.
They really should turn one of Ludlum's other novels into a film, that'd be a better spending of money imo
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:50 am

The first three Harry Potter films were totally true to the book, then they changed directors (again) and he done (as far as I know all the films since. It’s not down to leaving things out, I would expect that to happen but when they change characters that do things in the book to a different character in the film. I make that point because it all relates in the final book. Also in the new film the Hogwarts Express train now has rows of seats instead of compartments like it always had, WHY? It can’t be to save time as it would take the same amount of time to film. IMHO the last 6 films were rushed and that is a shame.

Good to hear that about The Hobbit, last I heard was they were trying to buy the rights to it.

We will just have to hope that after The Bourne Legacy they will do another one of Ludlum's novels, only time will tell.

What other films are you guys looking forward to either coming out or being made into a film?

Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:36 pm

As I said, I wouldn't know about any Potter films prior to Half-Blood Prince as I haven't read any of those books, but I'll take your word for it.
Found it a true disgrace why they postponed the Half-Blood Prince film in the first place, was only driven by money, they had already earned lots with the Dark Knight (if I'm not mistaken), so wanted to postpone the new Potter film to 2009 most likely to get some financial (tax?) benefit from it.

Only film really, of which I know it'll be released in the coming months, that I'd quite like to see is Inglorious Basterds. Always quite liked Tarantino's films, so am pretty curious to see how his latest one has turned out
[FuN]Dutchman
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Return to General Chat