Ukraine v England

For general discussion not related to [FuN], Ascendance, or gaming.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

Ukraine v England

Postby Cpt.Miller » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:46 am

Its a first in England (not sure about world wide) this game can only be viewed by pay-per-view over the internet. I am glad we have already got through so not many people will (i hope) pay to watch this, this will lead to more matches going this way if its is a succsess. This is a Home Nation team and as such SHOULD be broadcast on TV.

I think this match is more inportant to the Croatians as they need England to beat Ukraine to help their efforts of getting through, well ive just seen the team sheet.

Ive hear that alot of the first team have already pulled out through injury and some others have been told by their clubs to play s***, we have even had to look in our 3rd division for players but think our goal keeper "blind" Jimmy sounds like a good choice, also our new striker "Barn door" Barny wills has a good record(Lookig out for a hero - Bonnie Taylor)

Anyway should be a very good game with loads of Ukraine goals.

May the best Ukraine win ;)
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby sargent sam » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:30 pm

also watch it free if u join up online betting a/c [not a good thing to do]

i hope this is a 1st and last attempt watch footy over the net exclusive
By FuNsgtSaM at 2007-07-23

sargent sam
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:33 pm

Our national team flew half across the world for a meaningless friendly against Australia, what a disgrace imo. What's the point in flying 20odd hours for no more than 60mins (yes, 60, actual playing time is nowhere near 90mins, or 100mins in Utd's case) of meaningless footie and then to have to fly back again. Some players had some brilliant excuses not to go, Robin van Persie for example timed his wife's pregnancy brilliantly so he could be absent, clever boy.

As for the game being broadcast on the internet, I've read the reasons behind it (Setanta going bust) and can understand if this is just a one-off solution cos they couldn't accomodate it on a different channel anymore. But in my opinion they would've been better off providing a free livestream. So I really hope no Englishman will be so stupid as to pay for something they can quite easily watch for free tru many other livestreams.

Suppose England just want their revenge on Croatia, and would rather have Ukraine going to the World Cup play-off than Croatia. It all matters nothing really, cos we all know Brazil are going to win it, they always do when the World Cup is held outside Europe
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Re: Ukraine v England

Postby Mr. Mac » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:21 pm

Cpt.Miller wrote: This is a Home Nation team and as such SHOULD be broadcast on TV.

its not our national team but we got it on TV :P :wink:

nice flare show at start :lol:

I intend to live forever - so far so good.

When the only tool you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Keiser Soze » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:45 pm

Yeah it was important but I think we deserve what is incoming, not going to championship.
Bunch of models, running after the ball, don't think they deserve that fame that's around them at all, so in a way I'm glad :twisted:

:lol:
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
Cerberos -game server rcon tool
"One man with a gun can control 100 without one."
- Vladimir Lenin -
"Listen kid, life is like a dame; you spend your days trying to dance to her tune,
and she still ends up loving some other fella better."
- Humphrey Bogart -
"No man was ever wise by chance."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Re: Ukraine v England

Postby Dutchman » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:48 pm

Mr. Mac wrote:nice flare show at start :lol:
Can't believe the English FA are actually complaining about it, what do they want, have UEFA/FIFA award Ukraine a reglementary loss? Bunch of whining tits if you ask me, they could've easily won the match if they had wanted to, but they obviously didn't
[FuN]Dutchman
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:52 am

TBH i totaly agree with them making a complaint. If it were english fans doing this type of thing, we would of got a warning about fans behaviour and risk being kicked out of tornament. When its another nation, its, thats ok they normaly do stuff like that in that country -what a fracking joke.

What if on of those flares hit some one on the field. How could our GK concentrate on the pitch when he could get hit from behind by one of the flares.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:08 am

Oooeee, caught a very nice fish this time :mrgreen:
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:17 pm

I knew you were swinging out the line but I no English fans have a bad reputation, going back to the 70's. I just hate it that when this type of thing happens they put it down to where its being held. We would deff not be alowed to throw flares on the pitch (or bring into ground for that matter) so why are other nations allowed? Thats like the ref useing some rules off the game in one counrty and not in others.

Ref. I know he handed the ball but were in America so its not a penalty here.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Keiser Soze » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:21 am

Croatians are not allowed either ;)
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
- Vladimir Lenin -
"Listen kid, life is like a dame; you spend your days trying to dance to her tune,
- Humphrey Bogart -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Dutchman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:46 am

Throwing them on the pitch should indeed be acted upon, it's just a shame that they do throw them so you're not allowed to take flares into the stadium, because imo the flares can create a very nice atmosphere. Mind you, I'm quite certain that in Ukraine they're not allowed either, or at least not during UEFA/FIFA sanctioned matches, but the security isn't as tight as it is here. It all depends on whether they search every person coming into the stadium, or whether they only search bags or don't do any of that. Especially flares are quite easy to take with you, as long as they don't search thoroughly.

It makes sense FA have filed a complaint over the flares being thrown on the pitch, but I would hate to see the result being overturned. It's probably all on camera, find the people who threw the flares, fine them and possibly ban them for the next 5 games or so. Of course the Ukraine FA should be fined as well for not having their security in order.

I used to go to American Football games here in Amsterdam, when the NFL Europe was still in existence, and we played in the same stadium as the Ajax football team (not their stadium, even though they whined a great deal that 'we' wrecked 'their' pitch... numpties). First couple of years we were allowed just about anything, far more than the football fans were, simply because we did not have a bad reputation. Quite the opposite really, for a great number of years the away fans would easily be sitting literally right next to us, and whoever's team had lost would congratulate the winning fans and that'd be it, no fighting, no bad-mouthing, none of that.
Unfortunately as the football fans kept misbehaving, stricter rules were enforced and they made these universal for all events at the stadium, including our NFL Europe games, so we got quite restricted in what we were allowed to do, which certainly didn't help towards the atmosphere which detiorated in the final 2-3 years.

Just makes me hate football as it is today. I love the sport itself, but I've grown tired of all the rubbish going on at the same time, not just on the pitch but definitely off the pitch as well. Must say I was pleasently surprised when I went to see an Arsenal game last season. Even though it wasn't against one of our rivals, I suppose Spurs fans won't be able to mix as easily with the Arsenal fans as the Middlesborough fans were able to then, it was nice to attend a match without hearing rude/racist chants (as is deemed 'normal' over here). Of course the opposing fans would taunt eachother, but all in a friendly manner. It somehow reminded me of how the NFL Europe games were like, just because you don't support the same team, it doesn't mean you have to smack eachother's brains in and wish them a lengthy and most gruesome death. You don't have to be friends either, but you love the same game, isn't that enough to just get along
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Keiser Soze » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:52 pm

D you are getting worst then me by the length of the posts rofl
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
- Vladimir Lenin -
- Humphrey Bogart -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Dutchman » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:36 pm

I've always been like that, long before you signed up on these forums, m8y :P

Least my long stories aren't as dull as yours :twisted:;):mrgreen:
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Keiser Soze » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:33 pm

Dutchman wrote:I've always been like that, long before you signed up on these forums, m8y :P

Least my long stories aren't as dull as yours :twisted:;):mrgreen:

ROFL once one smart person said: "It's in the eyes of beholder" ;)
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
- Vladimir Lenin -
- Humphrey Bogart -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Return to General Chat