Heres one for u married guys!!! Wife !.0 just Released

Post yer funny stuff & game demos here

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, Senior Moderators, Ascendance Officers

Heres one for u married guys!!! Wife !.0 just Released

Postby McNut » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:50 am

Wife 1.0 Just Released

Dear Tech support,
Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7,0 to Wife 1.0 and noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of new
space and valuable resoruces. No mention of this phenomenon was included in the product brochure. In addition, Wife 1.0 installs it self into all other programs and launches during system initization, where it monitors all other system activity. Applications such as Poker Night 10.3, Drunken Boys Night 2.5, and Suturday Football 5.0 no longer run, crashing the system when ever selected. I cannot seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run some of my other favorite apps. I am thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0, but the uninstall does not work on this program.
Can you Help me Please!!!???
Thanks ,
A troubled user

Dear Troubled User,
This is a very common problem men complain about, but is mostly due to primary misconception. Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 thinking it is merely a UTILITIES & ENTERTAINMENT program. Wife 1.0 is am OPERATING SYSTEM and designed by it's creator to run everything. It is unlikly you would be able to purge Wife 1.0 and still convert back to Girlfriend 7.0. Hidden operating files within your system would cause Girlfriend 7.0 to emulate Wife 1.0 so nothing would be gained. It is impossabe to uninstall, delete , or purge the program files from the system once installed. You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is not desgined to do this.
Some have tried to install Girlfriend 8.0 or Wife 2.0 but end up with more problems than the origanal system. Look in your manuel under "Warnings-Alimony/Child support". I recomend yoou keep Wife 1.0 and deal with the situation.
I suggest installing background application program C:\YES_DEAR to alleviate software augmentation. Having installed Wife 1.0 myself, I might also suggest you read entire section regarding General Partnership Faults (GPFs). You must assume all responsibility for faults and problems that occur, regardless of their cause.
The best corse of action will be to the command C:\APOLOGIZE. In any case avoid excessive use of C:\YES_DEAR because ultimately you may have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the operating system will return to normal. The System will run smoothly as long as you take the blame for all the GPFs.

Wife 1.0 is a great program, but very high matenance. Consider buying additional software to improve the performance of Wife 1.0. I reccomend Flowers 3.1and Diamonds 2K. DO NOT under any circumstances install Secretery with Short Skirt 3.3. This is not a supported app for Wife 1.0 and is likely to cause irreversible damage to the operating system.

Best Of Luck,
Tech Support

SORRY FOR ERRORS :oops:
McNut
McNut

Postby Geddy » Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:55 am

If only this problem was know a few years back :cry:
The point of the journey is not to arrive.......

Ik hou van kaas :)
Geddy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby STALKER » Wed Jan 22, 2003 1:04 am

well after nearly 9 years runnin this os i think it must b corrupt as i can run snooker/beer 9.1 with no glitches :D :D
the os runs happily in the background even when i run football 4.4.2 flat back four version :!: :!:
do i need a patch :wink: :wink:to plug the hole in the os security :?:
i think i'm lucky and got an early beta version and not the full home retail version :roll: :D :D

LONG LIVE WIFE 1.0(WELL MY COPY ANYWAY) :wink: :wink:
STALKER
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby McNut » Wed Jan 22, 2003 1:21 am

lol :D :D Stalker
McNut
McNut

Postby flash » Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:25 pm

i stick with Girlfrind 7.0 me think
sounds like to much trouble if i upgrade :wink:
flash

Postby SenecaWolf » Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:39 pm

Hmm, in my opinion, best results have been noticed with the more current Wife 1.0 running on an older version of Husband, preferably with a few years between versions. Older Husband versions seem much more stable and less likely to crash then versions more closely released such as Husband 1.0 and Wife 1.0 which seem to cause many conflicts. I am currently a Wife 1.0 (released in 1975) but my Husband is a 0.9 (released in 1959). There doesn't seem to be as many bugs as more current husband versions such as Excuses & Alibis 1.2, Corrupt Memory files pertaining to important dates, and Drunken Boys Night isn't even an option in this version. Also this version has come already installed with Goals 1.5, Job 3.6, Flowers 3.0, Breakfast in Bed 2.1 and Diamonds 1K. The ever bothersome C:\YES_DEAR is still present and I don't think that this will ever be removed as it seems that it is a necessary file used to help deter major conflicts and as a fail safe to the Husband program. The C:\APOLOGIZE file is used exactly when needed without having to force the application to run. The only fault noticed with Husband 0.9 is the difficulty in releasing resources to Wife 1.0 for certain applications such as Mall 2.3 and Vacation 4.2. Although with much time and effort, Husband can be reconfigured to allow for such apps. Also, some older versions may have to face Mid-Life Crisis 1.0. Although this is not present in all installations it seems to be a hidden app that materializes in some cases. I have no data on this occurence because this is something that will have to be dealt with depending on system.
SenecaWolf
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby McNut » Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:45 pm

:shock: Oh NO!!!! Wife 1.0(SenecaWolf) has curupted Fun Forums!!! :shock: :shock: LOL
McNut
McNut

Postby Geddy » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:33 pm

Quick

Ctrl Alt Delete
The point of the journey is not to arrive.......

Ik hou van kaas :)
Geddy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby flash » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:48 pm

Help Ctrl Alt Delete has failed to work
does anyone know if cutting the power will work :shock:
flash

Postby [AsC]Frags » Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:11 am

DO NOT UNPLUG THE FORUM SERVER IT MAY CAUSE MESSAGES NOT TO POST CORR............................. <click>
[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby SenecaWolf » Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:41 am

Have you all seen Ghost In The Machine? Same thing that Wife 1.0 does :P :twisted:
SenecaWolf
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby Angelicaca » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:14 am

Nice one Seneca!!!!
Angelicaca

Postby Sam » Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:58 pm

i found that if u run 2 comps together wife 1.0 will stay on one machine most of the time but u have to be carefull as it still reads all program files and /be up to bed in a min dear has stopped working? anybody got any ideas what to install to make wife 1.0 think /bedtime is normal at 3.00am? :roll:
Sam

Postby GodsEvilTwin » Fri Jan 24, 2003 11:36 pm

Hey Sam there is a program that a friend of mine wrote called /pleasure 1.2! It is a good program for Husband 1.0 and well its great! What it does is it give many many gifts to Wife 1.0 so she is very gullible to /suggestions! So you can have a fun time with Wife 1.0 and then get away with /bedtime at 3:00 but you can't do /bedtime 3:00am that often or she will overheat!
Robert "The Toad" Garmon
GodsEvilTwin

"You have to keep breathing in order for something to take your breath away."
GodsEvilTwin

Postby Sam » Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:37 am

thx gods will try that but i got problem with the /u been in my wallet
virus at the mo so dont know if it will fix it
i heard the 1.6 version of gimmie money sucker can fix it but the program costs a load is there a freeware out there?
is the /flowers from grave yard program anygood or does it reboot ur system?
Sam

Postby SenecaWolf » Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:44 am

All of these comments just verifies the fact that I have the awesomest version of Husband. :P
SenecaWolf
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby STALKER » Sat Jan 25, 2003 8:22 pm

and i have the best version of wife 1.0 ..........i think :mrgreen:
STALKER
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby Cosmos » Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:32 pm

Girlfriend 7.0 will do nicely. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Cosmos

{Code ERROR}

Postby stomith » Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:31 am

Has anyone got a copy of Version 1.0 as mine doesn't work anymore. I can return it after I have given it a go.

It stopped working when I installed Children 1.0 and 2.0 and I can't get it to work again. Knowing my luck it probably won't work again until somin like Children v16 is out. By then, I will have outdated hardware and won't be able to eject properly.

I downloaded DirectseX-9 from Microsoft but it still errors for no apparent reason. Typical!
Ivor B 9 Humour - entertain it
stomith

Postby Angelicaca » Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:42 am

You should know better than that Stom, DirectSex-9 was banned !!! It had apparently sat on the shelf for too long.
Angelicaca

you what?

Postby stomith » Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:44 am

they got no more in stock? damn.

I could try another store?

:)
Ivor B 9 Humour - entertain it
stomith

Postby Angelicaca » Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:39 am

Maybe you ought to buy the regular version instead of the cheap cut down DirectSex one.

Mine works just fine and i am not telling you where u get it from either!
Angelicaca

Postby LaW » Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:57 am

you're all mad :lol:
LaW

Return to Jokes, Funny Pictures & Member Demos