LINUX was made solely to violate American copyright!

Post yer funny stuff & game demos here

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, Senior Moderators, Ascendance Officers

LINUX was made solely to violate American copyright!

Postby Goku » Sun May 14, 2006 11:40 pm

ok so i was on my webhosts forums today and i found this topic.... and it had something funny.. so ill just quote himand post it... i found it to be stupid and funny at the same time

Animal wrote:Ok. I'm not being serious... But I know someone who is!
source

You need to read this - a real person really believes that the sole purpose of Linux is to bypass American copyrights. The article is absolutely hilarious and you really should read it. It's pretty long, so I've quoted my favourites below... enjoy! :lol:

Shelly The Republican wrote:Like all the greatest American engineering, it's an example of innovation that makes a growing group of European and Chinese hackers jealous. They hate our lead in computing technology and will stop at nothing until they have control of all of our computers.

I'm talking about a project called 'Linux', something you may not have encountered, but might do some day.
It's a computer program that was initially developed in Finland as a means of circumventing valuable copyrights and patents owned by an American company called SCO Group.

Shelly The Republican wrote:The American software industry is worth more than $7 Billion; Introducing a foreign product like Linux which is often copied for free could threaten that entire industry. A generation of computer users might get use to accepting foreign software hand-outs rather than paying for a superior American products. If only the danger were just to our economy:

Shelly The Republican wrote:guess what software Osama Bin Laden uses on his laptop?

If you guessed it was Linux you would be 100% right. Osama uses Linux because he knows designed to counterfit DVDs, curcumventing the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, and defraud companies like Disney.

That's right folks, you heard it here first! Osama Bin Laden is evil - he uses Linux and bypasses copyright on American DVDs :shock:

Shelly The Republican wrote:If one of your friends is using Linux or may be tempted to try it show them this article. Explain that Linux is a genuine threat and that by using it they may be opening their computer to Chinese hackers.

If you see a company using Linux, it may be that they have not paid for this software. Report them to the Business Software Alliance who have the legal authority to inspect any company's computers for illegal programs like Linux.

So, my Linux-using friends. Are you convinced yet? :lol:

If you read the whole story, you'll see that someone pointed out that Shelly's website is hosted on a Linux server. Like Frihost. I've always said Bondings was evil :twisted:

And before I get any complaints, I don't agree with Shelly the Republican. I think she's crazy, but very very very funny!
Goku
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Prof » Mon May 15, 2006 12:53 pm

Hehe

Scott 'n' Kane will start using that on me now...
[Mobsters]Prof
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
#[mobsters] Quakenet IRC
Prof
Site Partner
Site Partner

Return to Jokes, Funny Pictures & Member Demos