Greatest Prank Call ever

Post yer funny stuff & game demos here

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, Senior Moderators, Ascendance Officers

Greatest Prank Call ever

Postby Dutchman » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:04 am

[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:17 am

Very funny. Heard that a while ago but still funny to listen to it again.

Bloody cold callers deserve all they get, would love to have the bottle to do somthing like this myself.

Don Jolly did a show on UK tv and did one of these every week, best one was he kept telling offensive joke to the cold caller, then asked the caller for a joke, after they said the joke, he started on at them about how offensive it was and that he was gonna report them to their superviser.

Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Mr. Mac » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:02 am

:lol:

N1

I intend to live forever - so far so good.

When the only tool you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:25 am

Cpt.Miller wrote:Bloody cold callers deserve all they get, would love to have the bottle to do somthing like this myself.

Few years back I went to a collective job interview (big group of applicants, get an introduction to the company and the works and sort of everyone was guaranteed a job) for a call centre company. Only when they did the introduction I realized that it was really only about calling up people trying to sell stuff, and nothing else. I eerr was the only one who left before speaking to one of their staff, I couldn't bring myself to work for a company like that.

Speaking of jobs, you know any good ones for me in England, J? :wink:
[FuN]Dutchman
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:46 pm

Dutchman wrote:Speaking of jobs, you know any good ones for me in England, J? :wink:

I cant even find myself a job :(

Have a look HERE, its one of the places i look at daily. Happy job hunting ;)

Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:03 pm

I know of your troubles m8, hence the wink

Although I am somewhat serious about moving to England in the very near future, but am going to have a good think about my options and possibilities. Oh well, least I've already got a NI-nr, should save me the hassle I went through a few years back.

Nothing definite yet, am going to sort things out after my holiday :)

Unless Claire's offer of me looking after Lou fulltime still stands, apart from a bed and meals I would only ask for a small amount of pocket money to go see Arsenal a couple of times :wink:
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:40 am

Is a NI no. all you need to work in the UK?

I dont know Euro laws on it, but remember some of the Polish workers saying they had to pay something like £100 a year for some sort of work permit but as Poland aint part of EU this might not be needed for you. I bet you know what you need/ dont need.

Have you decided on an area yet? you could use that site above and say what area you would like to find jobs in and it will give you a list of vacancys in that area to give you an idea of whats out there.

Thats something for you to think about when you get back.

Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:30 am

Poland is part of the EU, one of the countries that was added in 2004. But a lot of countries still have several restrictions for citizens of the new EU-members, it's the same here.
I know I don't need a work permit, certainly didn't need one back in 2005, I'm allowed to move freely within the EU and work/live anywhere I like without needing any kind of permit (joys of the EU m8 :wink:)

The NI-nr was a bit tricky back then, cost me quite some time n headaches to eventually get it (bureaucratic lot). Thing is, even without the NI-nr I was allowed to work, because an employer can apply for a temporary one until you get the real deal. But, and I can't blame em, if he's got the choice between two evenly good candidates and for one he's got all kinds of papers to fill in whereas the other one can start right away without any extra paperwork to do, no wonder he'll go for the latter.

I suppose my wish would be the London area, but am open to anything really. If there's a job in York that I would enjoy, I'd go there, same goes for any place.
As I said, haven't made my mind up yet, I may very well stay here, or stay here for another 3 years in a job that would eventually get me to England.

Thanks for the link though, will definitely start using it :)
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Keiser Soze » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:39 pm

When thinking about my profession and reading blogs and forums around the globe, it comes that most of things you will find in foreign country are the same "thing" everywhere.
With difference that actually you can't forget you are a foreigner and will get less money for your work then the colleges at that working place.

It's a shame that a professional is not worth the same money everywhere he goes. :x
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
Cerberos -game server rcon tool
"One man with a gun can control 100 without one."
- Vladimir Lenin -
"Listen kid, life is like a dame; you spend your days trying to dance to her tune,
and she still ends up loving some other fella better."
- Humphrey Bogart -
"No man was ever wise by chance."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:46 pm

Thats not true here. When ever i have worked with foreign workers (mainly poles) they got same pay as myself and pay for types of work tend to be the same throught the country with London being the exception as its got a higher cost of living, most people get a bonus added to their wages called London waiting.

Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby jcket » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:40 pm

well i know that in germany its a funny bussiness if you are from overseas...they do try to get you to do the work for less than the "german" workers...I personaly havent fallen into this trap yet. But they do have a legal way of making you work for less...its called Zeit arbeiten. not sure what they call it in the UK, but you are employed by a company that gets you work in another company, but at a much lower wage as to what the full time workers there get...my wife worked for one whilst we were in the UK in 2005, she was getting 4.05 an hour in a paper factory whilst the people employed there where getting 5.90ish an hour....it hurts to know your doing the same work for less money. And it certainly makes for more unemployment..people are not willing to put themselves in to that situation very easily.
jcket
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Cpt.Miller » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:25 pm

I think You are talking about agency work. It's not to victimise against foreign workers, its ment so that an employer can see staff before they take them on full time. I have worked for an agency before in the past and yes I was on less money than other people already working for the company, but when I was taken on I too was getting paid the same as the other workers. Agency firms do this to give agency workers an incentive to work good to end up with a contract with the company using the agency staff.

When I was on agency work I was getting paid the same as 3 other polish workers who were also on agency staff, and they were on the same money as the rest of the workers when they were taken on, that's why I say there is no difference between English workers and foreign workers.
Having said that, there are low paid jobs out there that English workers would not do due to the low wages, if foreign workers want to do it then that's up to them, if they didn't the company would have no choice but to higher the wage's and then maybe an English worker would do it, but then that would lead to higher prices in the shops.

Another thing to prove my point about English having the same pay as foreign workers. Working in a warehouse as I do (oops, used to) I speak to a lot of drivers and their pay has come down a lot in recent years as foreign drivers will do the work for less and the companies know this and set the rate of pay accordingly, the English drivers have to accept this new rate of pay or risk getting replaced by foreign workers who are willing to work for the newer lower rate of pay.

Miller (Keiser in disguise)
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Return to Jokes, Funny Pictures & Member Demos