Logfiles (and ET)

Games such as RTCW, Call of Duty, Quake ect.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

Logfiles (and ET)

Postby Svarvsven » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:33 pm

Yes, I know I shouldn't write here in the RTCW forum but I asked around first and found no better place. And it might work for RTCW too.

Anyway, I found out (in the FuN-irc-channel) some nights earlier how to turn on logging (or make a condump).

//
// ET-Clients can log too!
//
seta cg_drawNotifyText "1"
seta cg_textNotify "1"
seta g_logSync "2" //console log - 0=no log 1=buffered 2=continuous 3=append
seta g_log "etserver.log"
seta logfile "2" // Console logging ( 1: enable 2: enable and sync )

(for RTCW, u write seta g_log "1" instead...someone told me)

Well, the logfiles are not big they are HUGE. So I started to write a software for filtering that HUGE logfile and it kind of works. Hordak tried it out and kind of liked it.

U can use it to check ur stats after playing a whole day at the FuN-servers. Or u can even run it WHILE playing the whole day at the FuN-servers (yes, u will need 2 computers or 2 screens then), then u will not look into the stats probably focus on messages / quicksays sent through the game. My application will let them stay on the screen and not fade away after a few seconds...

And there is a lot of other filter-stuff too: TKs, Kills, Events, PB, Kicks, Rename and so on. U just select what u wanna c and then u are looking at it.

How about that? I hope it will be published in a RTCW/RTCW-ET website soon, then I will post the link to it here if anyone is interested to try it out.

Betatesters are welcome though.

[SKOM]Svarvsven
Svarvsven

Postby hordak » Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:53 am

Yeah. this little application r0x :D I never thought there was soo much info in those logfiles. I been doin /condump to look in log after a game to look for certain things. But all that is going to change now! All I need to do is filter out all the annoying vsays and other stuff to get the info I want. The application even comes with a searchfunction 8)

Try it out guys, you'll be amazed how much you can learn from it. I for one have learned that I shouldnt be throwing nades ... 8 TK's with nades during one campaign on evermore :roll: . (yes it was this little proggie that enlightened me)

toodiloo
hordak

Return to First Person Shooter