Noob bind question .... pls

Games such as RTCW, Call of Duty, Quake ect.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

Noob bind question .... pls

Postby Hyper » Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:46 am

hi all
I have found the CFG file in my profile, i can open it with word and view the contents but im anable to save new entrys?
what programe can i edit them in??

you can flame me if you wish.... but at least tell me how first :P
Thanks.
Hyper

Postby Hyper » Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:58 am

Delete me pls ...

Doh .... managed it now ... just me being stoooopid :P
Hyper

Postby Geddy » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:02 am

Which profile are you talking about?

If you are refering to the cfg's in the wolf folders, check out this post by Stomith that should help you determine what to do with these files.
http://www.fun4forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=226&start=0
Go to his third reply and see what you can do with the cfg files in your shrubmod, bani, banimod, and main folders.
The point of the journey is not to arrive.......

Ik hou van kaas :)
Geddy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby Hyper » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:59 am

thx for the reply )

im trying to bind vsay commands , looked at the info on this site and a few others aswell....but still have problems (
I have managed to bind the vsay commands ....but they only work on some servers ????
I use the Host server to test them ... and they were working fine ... oined the fun servers (both) and only one of the eleven keys worked ??
Jpined a ramdom server and they were all back again.... cant figure out why.... any sugestions ?
thx in advance.
Hyper

Postby Hyper » Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:07 am

i must point out that the game is Wolfenstein Enemy territory.

pls excuse the spelling ..... im mighty proad of it....being a Dyslexic :P
Hyper

Postby tjay » Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:09 am

just do /bind vsay <what ever u want it 2 say> like /bind 3 vsay great shot u press 3 it will say great shot...or /bind 5 vsay bye it will say bye..understand?
fraggin!

[FuN]sexytjay

I would tell you the truth but it would make you cry.....!

i see ur mouth moving but i just hear bla bla bla bla bla....

(\_/)
(0.o)
(")_(")

|--|===-----
me needle^^

*wolfenstein isn't just an obsession...Its Life!*

wolfenstein is a game - play it - enjoy it - win it
tjay

Postby Hyper » Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:31 am

sounds like your ferering to the consol "~" that ive been reading about .... my verstion doest have one ????
im using the freebee of ET thatcame with PCGamer .... if that helps/
Hyper

Postby [AsC]Frags » Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:02 pm

you "drop" the console by hitting the "¬" key in the top left hand corner of the keyboard next to the 1 key!

Then type into the console /bind x vsay (whatever vsay) where X is the key you want to bind.

You can also do other things with the console for example if you type something in to the console without the / at the beginning it will come out as a message to the server (same as hitting "T" and typing in a message)... but more on that later!

Hope that helps m8

Carl!
[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby Hyper » Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:22 pm

Thx Fragsey
gunna give it a go ... seems to be conflicting info on this subject ... but hopfully this will work ... gunna do a freash install of the game to "sort out" any previuos "ajustments"
Thx
Hyper

Postby Hyper » Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:16 am

ok .... got the Same problem back ... i'll run through what i did so to lay a clear picture.....
I started E.T ... started to Host a game (so i could experiment with the binds) then set all the bind keys I wanted .... which all worked fine .... restarted the host to check that they had all taken .... and they still all worked fine ... success I thought .... /sigh , how roung i was.
I joint your Evermore server... and lol and behold, non of my bind keys worked ????? do i have to type each and every one again for each server ??? or is there a shortcut ?? being a dyslexic rebinding them all again would take me most of the night... apreaciate your help.

HYPER.
Hyper

Postby Geddy » Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:26 pm

You got me thinking about this, so I went through my ET folder and I found not one, but three seperate folders that contained my "profile".
One in my ETMain folder, one in my etpro ffolder (if you have that), and one on my shrubet folder. My suggestion to you, if you haven't already, is do the same thing to all 3. I know I had to do this on Wolf with about 10 different ones in both shrub and bani.
The point of the journey is not to arrive.......

Ik hou van kaas :)
Geddy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby Captain Darling » Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:54 pm

Exactly what Geddy says. Just like in Wolf, you have a config (or profile) for each Mod version. One for regular ET in the ETMain folder (the one run when you host a game yourself from the ingame menu), one for ETPro in the, you guessed it, ETPro folder, and there is also ShrubET (I don't have that, so I don't have a clue what folder that is).

Now here is what I always do. I put all general binds (like momevent & vsays & stuff) in a seperate file (e.g. general.cfg) & put that in the ETMain folder. When I connect to a server that has a Mod running, I open the console & type '/exec general' (if you can't open the console: you can, bind the console to any using the in game options). That will execute the config file & put all my binds in order (I then make another file with 'Mod-specific' binds & do the same). Once you have executed it, it will be stored in your profile file for the Mod you are playing.

CD
Captain Darling

Postby Hyper » Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:28 pm

WOOT.. Command acknowledged ) ... i discoverered the seperate profile folders last night, but was too busy playing to post back here :) , strange how they programed it that way, still ... i copied and pasted acordingly... in my case i copied the etconfig file in ETMain and pasted it in ETPro, over writing the etconfig file allready there, and Bingo all works fine )))

Love your idea of making personalised folders that you can load from the console Captain Darling, I will certainly do that .
Thanks for your help Guys, very apreaciated.

I'm still very much a N00b at this game ... but im learning fast, i finished 3rd on your Evermore server last night )

Watch out, thers a new man in town :P

HYPER
Hyper

Return to First Person Shooter