Problems with your drivers?- FAO [FuN]Dutchman!

Games such as RTCW, Call of Duty, Quake ect.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

Problems with your drivers?- FAO [FuN]Dutchman!

Postby junkster » Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:33 pm

I had a problem whereby my COD would only work with 52.16 Nvidia drivers, as everyone is aware this meant no RTCW until rolling back to the 45.23 drivers due to a conflict with Punkbuster.

The solution - (stick with this it's boring)

Load up the 45.23 drivers.
Click START.
Right click My Computer.
Choose Properties.
Choose Hardware.
Choose Hardware profiles.
Click on default config and rename it "RTCW Config".
Copy it.
Click the copy and rename it COD Config.
Reboot.
Now as you boot up you should be given the option to choose between configs choose the COD config.
Then install the 52.16 drivers.

Now when booting if you want to play RTCW choose that config or if you want to play COD choose it's config.

I found that on my system choosing any config let me play both and I've no idea why but i don't care because now I'm sorted.
Whoo hoo :D :D :D !
junkster
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby |DSW|ShaDoW » Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:08 pm

Hi junkster!İ have problem with my COD!İ can't play the second map!!Always when the second map loads it says server disconnected.İt says:"Couldn't load image gfx/misc/railcorethin_mono.tga in scader Railcore"..Thats why I must close my game and open again.
This problem was happend when i download a nvidia driver.Pls HelP!!
İ tried many drivers , reinstalled the game,.My graphic card is geforce mx 440-se..
|DSW|ShaDoW
New User
New User

Postby WhatEver » Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:14 pm

What drivers are you running?

45.23 seem to be the best for COD
WhatEver

Location: Far out on the western spiral arm of the galaxy, there is a small blue/green planet!!

Postby Dutchman » Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:54 pm

I have no clue why my name is in the title of this topic (could someone explain me wot FAO means? :shock: )

I used to have a GeForce4 ti4200 (untill it broke down) and I got disconnected from the server as well once in a while and when I look in the console I noticed that same error.

I have tried different drivers, old ones, new ones and those that whatever just mentioned, but I got the feeling it isn't a driver related problem (or it is a problem with all the drivers, DOH).

Now that I got an ATI Radeon card I havent been disconnected from the server anymore at all...
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby [AsC]Frags » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:27 pm

FAO = For Attention Of
[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby junkster » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:29 pm

I posted this for ur attention Dutchy as I knew you were having some of the same problems as I was with your GF4ti card. If you have since changed your graphics card forget about it. :D

|DSW|Shadow I'm sorry I have no idea how to help you with your problem you could try some of the COD fansites to see if there is anyone with a problem the same as yours and if any solutions have been put forward. :?
junkster
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Dutchman » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:49 pm

junkster wrote:I posted this for ur attention Dutchy as I knew you were having some of the same problems as I was with your GF4ti card. If you have since changed your graphics card forget about it. :D

You know why I got confused, cos that [FuN]Dutchman was [FuN]Klausperu before.. if i'm not mistaking that is.

But I doubt it was a driver issue in my case, but ah well, with extra RAM and a new gfx card it's all sorted now :)

Cheers for the help anyway
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby junkster » Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:05 am

np :D
junkster
Expert Member
Expert Member

Return to First Person Shooter