Wolfenstein [FuN] Server Incoming?

Games such as RTCW, Call of Duty, Quake ect.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

Wolfenstein [FuN] Server Incoming?

Postby Rtcw2isComing » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:50 am

Hi Fun Clan

Only few Days left till Wolfenstein will be released.

Any Information about Plans on setting up a Wolfenstein Server?

Wolfenstein without [FuN]-Server is no fun!
Rtcw2isComing
New User
New User

Postby Dutchman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:45 am

We indeed are planning to set up 1 or 2 Wolfenstein servers, so we will let you all know as soon as they're up.
Release date here in The Netherlands is supposed to be August 21st, wikipedia is now reporting an August 18th release for North America, so it really comes down to whoever's able to uploade the gamefiles to the server first

I take it you used to play on our RtCW servers back in the day then? So what are you, a Gamer, Phreek or Goldy?
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:57 am

Myself and Sam were playing on a beta version of it last nightand i was OK.

Graphics were good (CoD4 ish) but with more colour so claire liked the look of it as well ;)

It was realy laggy even with a low ping and i hope that this was because it was a beta, it will suprise no one that all 3 maps i played on, i was last :(

It didnt remind me off the old game, there were a few objectives that i could see and tryed to do (as engineer) but like sam said most players on there were playing as if it was a TDM serverand not realy working as a team.

Shell we run a beta server till the game is released? atleast players will know we are running a server and might come back when they have the full game?

How about you Dutchy fancy a game tonight either on a public server or our own if i can get it up?

Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:57 am

Go ahead and set one up if you can m8y, and I'll also need a link to where I can download the beta.

Unfortunately don't have time tonight, maybe tomorrow else it's going to be the weekend I think.

I think that when the game is released, a lot of the old RtCW and ET players will start playing Wolfenstein and you should see more teamplay. It's what I've always missed in the CoD series, the different classes and how you can't simply win the game on your own.

It does surprise me you finished last, after all you were playing with Sam weren't you :shock:
[FuN]Dutchman
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:50 pm

Its up and running Dutchy and any one else thats intrested, give me a shout on xfire or claires msn and ill hook you up with a fast direct download link ;)

Sam was on the other side, he didnt do to well either :D

[FuN] 4 wolves
217.146.84.68:27758

Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:58 pm

Cheers m8

Gameplay is very different to what I'm used to, so will need some time to get the hang of it.

Seems like a half-decent game though, can't wait to try the singleplayer, that usually gets me used to the gameplay properly
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby sargent sam » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:11 pm

i got better tonite but never came top of leader board and its all starting to make sense its very much a team based game and def cant do it alone.i going to buy this one [which will make a change ] :o
By FuNsgtSaM at 2007-07-23

sargent sam
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Rtcw2isComing » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:24 am

Dutchman wrote:We indeed are planning to set up 1 or 2 Wolfenstein servers, so we will let you all know as soon as they're up.

Good news Dutchman. Thanks for the information.

Dutchman wrote:I take it you used to play on our RtCW servers back in the day then? So what are you, a Gamer, Phreek or Goldy?

Phreeks 4tw. Back to the Roots
Rtcw2isComing
New User
New User

Postby Cpt.Miller » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:43 am

After several hours trying to play while lagging like hell i decided to do some looking around to see what i could do but first i decided to check my bios settings.

Found that i had intel speed stepping on, that made the game think i had a lower powered cpu then i realy had :( turned that off and deleted the cfg files and restarted the game to generate new ones, that worked (ish, more info in a bit)

Then i looked around to see what could be done to the cfg files them selfs and came up eith the following.

set com_unlockFPS "1"
set com_unlock_maxFPS "60" // you can use 30 / 60 / 90 / 120 etc
set com_unlock_timingMethod "1"
set com_showfps "1" - I would like to know what eveyones getting here, i'm ranging from 50-140 so capped this at 60
set r_useThreadedRenderer "2" - This is for those of us who have multi core cpu's, good idea to change this

You can either add/edit these to the wolfconfig.cfg file or open console and type them in replacing set with seta to make them permanate and remove the quotes IE.

seta com_showFPS 1

Now for somereason my lag is gone then after about 5 mins of gaming my FPS reduce by half and lag returns, this is most likly an heating issue but will do some wore investigating

Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:36 pm

Thanks for that last setting, Jamie, although my game runs fine I'll see if it makes a difference

Rtcw2isComing wrote:
Dutchman wrote:I take it you used to play on our RtCW servers back in the day then? So what are you, a Gamer, Phreek or Goldy?
Phreeks 4tw. Back to the Roots
Ah, one of c0smic's old buddies then? Suppose I don't need to tell you about CastleWarbitz?
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:09 pm

Yep, heating issue. Ran game for 10 mins and GPU throttled back at 110 c :shock:

Gave it a good clean and re applied some fresh thermol compound and now idels at about 60c and 80c while gaming.

Been playing a bit to day just to keep it going as the site that was showing servers has now stopped working, seems a lot of player are comming back that were on yesterday.

Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:22 pm

Good good, any other place we can check the server status? Already noticed game-monitor aren't supporting Wolfenstein yet

Found a way yet to increase the player slots to 16?
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:40 pm

Player slot should be 16 or atleast it was. I will look into it and add a TDM server tomorrow morning some time.

You can check out the server HERE

I will update here when the above has been done.

Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:23 am

Seems like they've removed the entire server list from there, hopefully they'll bring it back

TDM server is a good idea, the more players we can attract to the beta servers now, the more will hopefully stick around when the proper game comes out.
They'll then both stay on the same ip's, right? Nearer to time should find a way to advertise that the servers will be in the same location once the real version is released
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:39 am

Its been down for a few days now, funny thing is, if you add a new server it shows up :?: So the NEW TDM server is showing and had 6 players on 20 mins after going live :D

Only way i can think of spamming is through keiser cerb program, Keiser can it (Hello anybody there OI KEISER) <- little joke ;)

Links below for server status

[FuN] 4 Wolves - Objective

[FuN]WWW.FUN4FORUMS.CO.UK - TDM

Ive made use of other spare IP as its easier to connect, just have to type connect 217.146.84.68 and it will use default port number. I hope no one minds this.

Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:41 am

I don't mind, nice one on the second server though, advertises the forums straight away

Keiser, wakey wakey, time to make yourself useful! ;)
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Mr. Mac » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:37 pm

played it, tried it & DONT like it,

2009 game & no lean movements, cant go to prone, game don't recognized side keys on my G9 & all feels just to robotic (if its made 4 consoles why try to push it on pc....)
u wont see me play it any more, sry what can i say guess i expected to much from it, i could say much more worst words about the game but ill stop on this

not to be all negative objective stuff is ok acquires loads of team work

I intend to live forever - so far so good.

When the only tool you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:26 pm

pessimist
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Mr. Mac » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

I would called my self realist m8,

really in these days I think most of ppl expect more from game,
look at Killzone 2 it was issued in late February 2009 & i think its been released exclusive for consoles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-I99JdS ... re=related

Tbh because of this game (Killzone not Wolfenstein)it was first time i thought of getting PS3

i understand that loads of u Wolf brings up nice memories of past days & i respect that but this is just not my cup of tea

I intend to live forever - so far so good.

When the only tool you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:58 pm

hah, well bitten, another one to cross off my list :lol:

I gotta admit I'm so far dissapointed with Wolfenstein, but do bare in mind that this is a leaked beta, I haven't got a clue how old it actually is. Gameplay certainly has taken me a while to grow a bit accustomed to, but it certainly needs a lot of improvement if they really think this will be a succes. RtCW's gameplay was better than this and that game's 8years old.
I'm quietely hoping this beta is a pretty old version and they've improved a lot since, but realistically speaking I know they won't have been able to change that much.
Such a shame, looks like it's going to be an unworthy sequel to RtCW and Enemy Territory
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby jcket » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:49 am

I would have to agree with Mac on this one, I played it for a few hours the other night, Tried both your servers..thinkin that the game type might make a difference, But for me its no "going from the beta" fun. I mean maybe i take cod4 or even cod2 and compare it with those, not sure if i should....but this seems very slow and draggy...lol did i just say draggy, omg...well its hard to explain..but it feels wrong, There are lots of things that are not right about it, and after all the hype you hear, imo its a great let down. As was cod5 "not zombies" there great ;D

So how ever you actualy spell this game J, It definatly isnt worthy it.
jcket
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Dutchman » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:12 am

jcket wrote:I mean maybe i take cod4 or even cod2 and compare it with those, not sure if i should....
Why not? Those are the main games you've played in recent times so it's only fair to compare. I'm doing the same, although I can compare it to RtCW and ET as well, and I'm dissapointed as well. But as I said, bare in mind that this is only a beta and unless someone can tell me how old it is there's no sure-fire way of saying how the proper game will turn out.
I just find it a shame how the gameplay has turned out so far, because the game itself is pretty decent. It requires teamwork, something that was always missing in the CoD series (and no, even the objective-based gametypes didn't require proper teamwork, more often than not were games won by individual players), and if the gameplay has been improved since this beta, the game still may have a chance.
Don't forget this beta was leaked, not released. Now that may not neccesarily mean a lot, but it does prove that this beta version may be quite a lot older than the date it was leaked
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Keiser Soze » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:28 pm

Wolfenstein 2 servers are up and running...
on this IP addresses:

217.146.84.68:27758
217.146.84.69:27758

Most of the time there is someone there :) if not just w8 for a couple of mins
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
Cerberos -game server rcon tool
"One man with a gun can control 100 without one."
- Vladimir Lenin -
"Listen kid, life is like a dame; you spend your days trying to dance to her tune,
and she still ends up loving some other fella better."
- Humphrey Bogart -
"No man was ever wise by chance."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby webby117 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:31 pm

I mean maybe i take cod4 or even cod2 and compare it with those, not sure if i should....
Why not?
you can't because both cod2 and cod 4 are in a different league i think , im not impressed by it atm but im gonna wait for the full game to come out before i give an opinion on it.
webby117

Postby phdtje » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:21 pm

Sounds interesting, shoot kill shoot kill.. :)
It's FuN or it's FuN...if it's not the same...so what's the real FuN?
phdtje

Postby Cpt.Miller » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:28 pm

For me its more like shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot at last, i got the bugger.

Spray and pray :D

Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby webby117 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:25 pm

like shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot at last, i got the bugger.

i thought it was more like like shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot,shot damn the bugger got me :P
webby117

Postby Cpt.Miller » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:33 am

Game came out in USA yesterday and guess what, the beta we have all been playing was not a beta it was the full relesed version of the multi player mode, so thoses that hoped things would get better will be disapointed. They have released a patch that updates the game to 1.1, but this does not change hardly anything, imho, it was released to stop the server hack that was out with the beta.

Oh yeh, my game crashes on SP mode as well, so those of you whom had problems with the beta might want to test the full version before spending money on the retail version. I thought as MP mode uses OpenGL and SP uses Directx that i would be ok in SP mode, ah well never mind, gonna give CoD4 a play to see if that crashes.

Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:26 pm

Hmm, that's definitely a blow

Still run a (or 2) server(s) for it, hopefully they can get themselves crowded
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Wolfeh » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:08 am

Just had a couple of hours with Wolfenstein on the 360.

IMO:

MP - Is a pile of crock.

SP - Has a COD feel, I quite like it. :)

So buy it for the SP, not the MP.
Wolfeh
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Geddy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:01 am

RTCW>everything else.
The point of the journey is not to arrive.......

Ik hou van kaas :)
Geddy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby Wolfeh » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:59 am

Can't argue with you there Geddy. RTCW had a magic, and I think it will be difficult for anything
else to capture it. The new wolfenstein game tries but it fails miserably. Its so sluggish and like
previous have said, its a case of shoot...spray....pray.

I read somewhere that the wolfenstein MP team have been axed, so Im unsure what that means for
future support.
Wolfeh
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Dutchman » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:41 pm

Wolfeh wrote:I read somewhere that the wolfenstein MP team have been axed, so Im unsure what that means for
future support.
That they've given up hope they'll ever be able to fix it ;)
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Wolfeh » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:13 pm

Was so looking forward to an objective based shooter. Suppose its roll on Novemeber for more S&D.
Wolfeh
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby phdtje » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:07 pm

Mmm to bad, Multi openGL, Single directX huh? huh?

Can't say i played it yet, if you guys like it enough I'll join teh server(s), get myself terribly shot...
I was more hoping for a nice Left 4 Death server, shooting zombies rocks!!!

:D
It's FuN or it's FuN...if it's not the same...so what's the real FuN?
phdtje

Next

Return to First Person Shooter