Save key binds

Games such as RTCW, Call of Duty, Quake ect.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

Save key binds

Postby (BOL)HairyRazor » Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:16 am

When the PHREEKS server went down last night, I lost all of my key binds. What causes this and how can I save them if this happens again?
Why do the binds not work on all servers?
(BOL)HairyRazor
New User
New User

Postby Geddy » Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:11 pm

I remember you saying something like that last night. Go to this link in these forums and read the first few paragraphs of the last post by Stomith. http://www.ejnmedia.co.uk/sitegen/funforum/viewtopic.php?t=226

What I did was set all my key binds, then made a few copies of the wolfconfig_mp file, and put it anywhere but in that folder. Then I created a new wordpad file,the autoexec.cfg like he talked about, and copied everything that was in the wolfconfig file into that file, and i stopped losing all my binds.
As for why they get lost in the first place, someone else is better suited to answer that. Me have no clue.
The point of the journey is not to arrive.......

Ik hou van kaas :)
Geddy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thanks Geddy!

Postby (BOL)HairyRazor » Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:54 pm

That was exactly the info I needed. I followed it to the T and hope never to lose binds again. It is a real pain to have to reconfigure everytime server goes down.
Thanks alot!!!!
(BOL)HairyRazor
New User
New User

Postby zippy » Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:37 pm

shrub mod, bani mod , main, ect all have there own configs i think ,,so make sure u have a back up of all off them :lol:
zippy

Postby OutCast**NL » Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:54 am

Like zippy said, mod servers use their own .cfg file wich can be found in your RTCW/Mod folder.
Easiest way is to adjust your wolfconfig_mp.cfg, rename it to "my.cfg"or whatever and put it in your main/folder and exec it over console, autoexec or use a bind for it.

you can exec your Mod specific.cfg with a bind over the "my.cfg"

if you want to know more about .cfg files
click HERE
OutCast**NL

Return to First Person Shooter