GSG "bad words"

Post your ideas, likes and dislikes here!

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, Senior Moderators, Ascendance Officers

GSG "bad words"

Postby sphinx » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:17 pm

I don't have strong objections against GSG in general, but when GSG get's in the way of talking in native languages, I think it's an overkill.

In norwegian if u say "I got shot!!" it will get u kicked. why? because the word "shot" is "skutt" in norwegian. and "skutt" contains the sub-characters "kut", which apparently is a bad word in some other language.

Suggestion: Censor bad words with "****" instead of kick OR wash the the GSG kick-dictionary so that it works for whole words only and not partial words. (e.g. saying "__ kut __" will get u kicked but saying "skutt" will not).

Sphinx out :)
sphinx
New User
New User

Postby KiLlA » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:38 pm

maybe everyone chat in one language :wink:
KiLlA

Postby sphinx » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:18 pm

yepp that will be the best for the whole world, sadly it aint that simple tho :p

but seriously cant gsg just censor such words instead? is it that bad to get "**** you" etc on the server just like noob is sensored to "*****". (i have no idea why tho :p). and peeps that cant refuse the temptation to curse and know gsg use haxxor language or FU etc instead anyway.

just my 2 cents (sry if this topic is raised a sillion times already, i didnt have the time to browse all your forum).
sphinx
New User
New User

Postby Freebie » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:09 pm

and peeps that cant refuse the temptation to curse and know gsg use haxxor language or FU etc instead anyway

Thats called 'bypassing gsg'. Those doing it should be careful, cause it defeats the point of gsg, so we dont allow it. Kicks and bans can/will follow.
Freebie

Postby mazza » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:02 pm

i see where ure coming from sphynx the word noob is blanked out cos we were sick of seeing it tbh (blame connor for that one :P ) but tbh most of the "double" standard words have already been removed, if k*t was one of the ones i could remove, i would , knowing that its kicking innocents but 99% of the ppl getting kicked for for that word are dutch speaking who are using the word to curse :roll:
mazza

Postby sphinx » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:48 pm

Bah its happend again.
I was just banned for 1440 minutes for an innocent typo.

I said: "because ive asked about 10 times for ammo, and he just saves enegery for airstrikes only".

Can you spot the typo? well i was banned for saying "neger".

Mazza/Gebly plz unban.

And to continue this thread, my suggestion to solve these problems still stands. Bann for saying whole words only not bad words that are parts of bigger words (hmm im bad at explaining this).

for example. Ban "kut" but dont ban "skutt" (skutt is norwegian for "shot" as mentioned)
Ban "neger" but dont ban "enegery".
Its simple. if its got a whitespace in front and/or back its a valid ban.

Plz if u read this post, give msg to FUN players on ET server so they can unban we fast. im going on my wall here!
sphinx
New User
New User

Postby Dutchman » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:11 pm

I understand where you're coming from and yes the innocent typo's can get you booted. It has happened to me too once or twice.

I have however once asked the GSG-guru if it was possible to make something of a 'safe' list, and unfortunately that is not possible. I won't go into full details as I don't know everything about it and I dont know if the maker would like it if I'd tell stuff about GSG he rather doesn't share with everyone. So I leave it up to him to explain if he wishes.

Best advice is to just go to our irc channel (which is #[fun] on quakenet) and ask for help in there, surely there'll be someone around who should be able to help you out. Although we all got private lives too, so be patient too :)

Or you can try the IRC Chat applet (see top of this page), will make you join our irc-channel almost (after accepting the security warning) instantly :)

And another advice is to make sure you don't make any typo's, as GSG is a spell-corrector as well a very strict one too :shock: :wink:
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby mazza » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:34 pm

LOL sphynx hon looking for it now u noob :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry i shouldn't laff but its rather funneh
sorry :oops:
mazza

Postby Roan » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:35 pm

sphinx wrote:I was just banned for 1440 minutes for an innocent typo.

u dont get a 1440 auto kick till you have used up your 2 other strikes. in other words, you must have been kicked twice before the 1440. you must be very unlucky, coz I havent seen anyone get a 1440 for innocent typos.

anyway, off to work we go :D

If U cheat - your a punk - www.punkbuster.com
Roan

Postby mazza » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:45 pm

should be removed sphynx.......I know this guy btw lads he's one of the most honest players we have on evermore, anticheat, anti spawnkill,antispam, just an all round fair player and one i am proud to have on fun servers :D

Let me know if there's any further probs (btw u can blame the dutch for that one too)
mazza

Postby Dutchman » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:34 pm

mazza wrote:(btw u can blame the dutch for that one too)

:shock: why... thank you :shock:
[FuN]Dutchman
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby sphinx » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:39 pm

Thanks mazza/dutch :-)
Good people dont grow on trees these days. I'm actually a clanleader myself for more than 25 ppl all over europe (not ET)., we have strict policies too, and in the long run we make the day a litle better for all of us who want fair decent games. Hipp hurray =D

edit: oh and yes i prolly got kicked twice before for bad language. my first "s***" word before i knew gsg, and another time which i dont remember.
sphinx
New User
New User

Postby mazza » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:52 pm

2nd one being skutt prolly m8 :lol:
mazza

Postby Dutchman » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:17 pm

Yer, well it's unlucky the odd innocent one gets caught, but tbh I didn't really mind when I got booted once or twice because something I said had an offending word in it from another langauge, all because I've seen many people trying to swear and it just annoys the hell outta me.
I mean, I've never really cared if the odd curse-word would fell, and I'm talkin about the nowadays tidy ones and not the odd desease or woteva, but I believe it has gotten out of hand so I'm very glad GSG is there to sort out the muppets.

Well, I'm glad you're taking this the right way, don't hear this often from people who got booted for just the same thing as you. Few of em just start to lay off on GSG again, at least you bother to make a decent post :)
Cheers for that.

Just keep playing the servers and if you get kicked again remember what the benefits of GSG are and you'll prolly end up laughing and clicking reconnect to the server :wink:
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Roan » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:26 am

ditto dooochy

the benefits of gsg far out weight the negatives

I wasn’t meaning to have a go, just meant it was unlucky to get a 1440 out of error. I been kicked a couple a times, but coz of my own stoopidity (generally a spelling mistake)

That “n” word in particular is used quite often on the CoD servers, would hate to see it removed tbh

If U cheat - your a punk - www.punkbuster.com
Roan

Postby mazza » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:36 am

Actually roan that word is really very rarely used on our et servers, when it is its usually a typo, like the one above, rather than in the racist way.

Out of all the game servers, et seemed to have had the least ppl swearing, i remember when GsG first went on there we were kept waiting for our first kick for quite a while and despite it being well tested we still thought it wasn't working :lol:

As for the language thing, the only thing we can do is look at the double words and see what context they are being used in, unfortunately skutt is one of the ones that cannot be removed because of the context that its used in "most" of the time, believe me sphynx my list has got a lot shorter since we started with GsG :D
mazza

Return to FuN 4 Forums Suggestions/Comments