RTCW 2?

Post your thoughts and requests about any other games that [FuN] or forum members should get involved with

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

RTCW 2?

Postby *Element* » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:03 am

dont know how long this idea has been tossed around for but i'd like to see another wolfy game.

heres a little something from rtcw files on the topic
================================

RTCW 2 - Confirmed by Todd Hollenshead!!! - Official
Posted by: Jdawgg on 07-17-2004 at 23:13 - Source: G4 Tech TV

You heard right, the sequel to the sequel of the sequel of Wolfenstein 3D is confirmed by Todd Hollenshead. There has been no official name for it, but it is basically RTCW 2. In a G4 Tech TV interview with Todd Hollenshead, the CEO of id Software, Todd "spills the beans" when he says that there isn't going to be a Doom 4, ‘this that and another thing,’ and that the
sequel to Return to Castle Wolfenstein is already in development at another studio... If you are doubting the veracity of all the rumors that are spreading, this is pretty cut and dried evidence right here.

The video was released on the 17th, and already there are countless threads about it on message boards ranging from Gamespy's forums to jolt.co.uk's forums. Now an observation I made was the recent call that Splash Damage made for job applicants to come work at their studio was made frighteningly close to the production of that Tech TV video with Todd Hollenshead... There is a thread over at SD's forums talking about it as well as one at Gamespy's forums if you'd like to go take a look. For those who have no clue what I am getting at, I am rumoring that perhaps Splash Damage is working on RTCW 2 as they have announced that they have begun work on a new game using the Doom 3 engine; keep in mind Todd Hollenshead just said that the sequel to RTCW was being developed at an outside studio ...

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(www.splashdamage.com)
In a continuation of our successful collaboration with id Software and Activision we have started production of a new full game based on the cutting-edge Doom 3 engine.

We are looking for High-Poly 3D Modelers, a Texture Artist and a Level Designer to join us as full-time salaried staff with excellent benefits at our offices in London, England.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There has been no official confirmation from either id Software or Splash Damage on whether SD is the "other studio" developing RTCW 2 or not. However, considering Splash Damage was given Enemy Territory to work on and have confirmed they are working on a new game built of the Doom 3 engine and that Todd Hollenshead has announced the sequel to RTCW is being developed in another studio it is a fair assumption that Splash Damage has something to do with it . I shall keep my eye on this bit of news in the coming weeks so stay tuned!

Regards,
Jdawgg
ImageImage
*Element*
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby [FuN]DanDaily » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:05 am

3 cheers for Id and Splash Damage!!!!!!!!

/me hopes there is a mac version for Frank :wink:
USMC When it absolutely positively has to be destroyed overnight!
[FuN]DanDaily
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Frank Sniper » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:50 pm

Please let there be one :cry:
Drowned on Phreeks while making sandcastles too near the waves..R.I.P 23/08/05 was always doomed anyway
Frank Sniper
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Geddy » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:16 pm

I second that :wink:
The point of the journey is not to arrive.......

Ik hou van kaas :)
Geddy
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Return to Other Games