MPfreeUK Radio in Limbo

EJN Media's own radio channels, playing everything from 80s and mellow choons to the latest dance beats!

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, `Xui, DJRAM, Senior Moderators

MPfreeUK Radio in Limbo

Postby [AsC]Frags » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:22 am

After the extra investment in the station to see if this turned the fortunes of the station around, the experiment has failed.

I can now see the novelty of the station has worn off and nobody seems interested in using it anymore. Thanks to all that have over the past 5 years. I do realise listening to me for the past year must get a tad repetative :) I realise maybe i should of done more to keep you all entertained and i didnt spend enough time updating the tracks to keep them fresh.

I will no longer be spending any time on this station and henceforth no more updates will be made to MPfreeUK Radio. It will stay running until the 5th anniversary where i will probably do my final show. I am sure Krazy Xui will still continue to entertain you all and im sure we can come to an arrangement :)

MPfreeUK was successful in its day, but like a lot of stations the spark has been lost. I feel it is now no longer worth the upkeep.

I have asked before, if anyone has any ideas to save it please let me know.

Thank You
Ex DJFrags
Last edited by [AsC]Frags on Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby mazza » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:18 am

if i gonna be perfectly honest with u frags i think for me personally anyway, its about timing, ure live shows are mainly on weekdays when i got the kids to get to bed, hence y i not there to support u, haven't been able to listen to xui much now either cos kids are home on friday nites now too :roll:
mazza

Postby c0smic » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:45 am

Hey Frags m8 -- I Love ya show -- always entertaining and always a laugh :D ... I'm always either at work or to tired if it is late at night.

I dont think its a question of content -- that is fine -- and the professionalism of you and the station is 1st rate.

There must be a peak time in [FuN] and other channels to boost audience ratings. Gotta capture it bro :D

Or perhaps you share the show with someone so it can catch two time slots - perhaps someone does the 7pm and perhaps you doing the late night Überfrags show.
c0sm1c

...and if you wonder why we say "Über" ...purchase RTCW
c0smic

Postby `Xui » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:07 pm

tbh its all about p1mping oneself

the problem is apart from a hardcore of fans there is no place we are drawing new blood in from.

I have 2 friends who would be willing to add their talents to the station and im sure they would bring with them more listeners.

OMG !!! ive just thought .. maybe i could do a Kwazy Xui in a town near you type roadshow.. Although tbh unless you live within a 30min drive from me i doubt id get to your town but we could allways pretend.
`Xui
Site Partner
Site Partner

Postby KiLlA » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:25 pm

i do listen to the station when possible and enjoy it but like maz said sometimes its the timing...maybe if you could get live from about 7pm uk during the week..not sure if it is possible if not couldnt you get some more ppl to work for ya for the early evening on week days :wink:
KiLlA

Postby -Snoopy- » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:57 pm

The station owns frags id really be sorry to see it go is there no way we can revive it and give it one more go before it closes :(
-Snoopy-
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby [AsC]Frags » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:47 am

sadly i cannot do the shows any earlier (due to being at work)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to get round this (or offer thier services as a DJ or create a playlist ect please let me know

Only chance i personally get to do shows live is Mon & Tues 9 or 10pm > 1am

I would love to continue, but alas playing to myself has no appeal lol

I will continue the station of i get enough interest in other shows to replace mine as the main shows.
[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby `Xui » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:00 am

Frags wrote:I would love to continue, but alas playing to myself has no appeal lol.

i dunno i quite like it :P

or is that with :? :shock:
`Xui
Site Partner
Site Partner

Postby -Snoopy- » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:05 pm

id gladely make a playlist for u mate but my taste in music doesnt match up to most of u old timers here :lol:
-Snoopy-
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby `Xui » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:15 pm

try me :P
`Xui
Site Partner
Site Partner

Postby -Snoopy- » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:33 pm

lol
-Snoopy-
Expert Member