Server

General questions about [FuN], it's servers and people

Moderators: Keiser Soze, [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators

Server

Postby Cpt.Miller » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:10 pm

Was hoping that server details were here by now, but as they are not, I thought I would use this time to get some feed back off you guys as what you want on the servers. (Public & [FuN] Members)

I will be setting up 2 CoD2 servers, Mayhem (mixed TDM/DM/S&D) plus a War server.

I will be setting up 2 CoD4 servers, Gamers (mixed S&D/DOM/SAB) plus a war server.

I have been informed that only4 members will have access to server, these people will be the only ones who can turn on the war servers (I recommend these be off when not in use)

Map and Mods
Mayhem was running with Extreme and extra weapon skins, I plan on keeping this the same but without the welcome to the house of fun stats music and with the game types above.

The old Gamers mod (Powerserver) will be discontinued

As far as CoD4 goes, it will be default server, much like what is out there now. I think tho, you need to decide if it is ranked or not, also minor settings, such as Cross Hairs and/or Hud on or off.
This is open for change depending upon upcoming mods.

As for maps, this is going to be a problem due to downloading off the server (13kbs). Even posting links to map/mods on forums, I believe won’t work, most players try and join a server before going on forums/web site, and will see slow speed and just give up and go elsewhere. So you guys need to sort out some webhosting soon.

If you do get that sorted, you will need to decide on either single map downloads or map packs. CoD2, and I think, CoD4 has a map limit of 5 custom maps that can be on a server at any one time if they are single iwd files. With map packs, you can have almost any number of custom maps.

In game console text, will this be done with "The Dog Thing" or normally. Whichever way you choose, you will still need to decide what is displayed here, rules, other fun servers, TS ect....

Most other stuff you can tweak yourselves after its setup.

Well guys, what to you think

Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby SayeTeT13 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 pm

ill post a full response later or tommrow due lack of time...
but ocf no need to tell anyone i would like cod 2 server to be full of s&d and mybe 2-3 tdm/dm/ctf... just as f&s clan do...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------\
on the seventh day god wasnt really resting... he was playing cod
----------------------------------------------------------------------------/
SayeTeT13

Postby Keiser Soze » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:14 pm

I would like to see ctf rifle only game type..
I find it fun no metter if players know how to shoot or not (everyone soon becomes good with rifle sooner or later :lol: )
and that way it requires real team work to score... it's not all in how much you shoot but to carry "the ball" to your side ;)

don't now why but i like it very much and servers around I've been playing are always full...

Cerberos aka "The dog thing" will be set up.. i'll try to patch something with de/activation of war server through client application remotely so no need
for accessing the server ;)
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
Cerberos -game server rcon tool
"One man with a gun can control 100 without one."
- Vladimir Lenin -
"Listen kid, life is like a dame; you spend your days trying to dance to her tune,
and she still ends up loving some other fella better."
- Humphrey Bogart -
"No man was ever wise by chance."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby sargent sam » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:09 pm

i like to see ts or ventrillo on as i miss talking to ppl :)
i wasnt much of a mayhem player but would rather see tdm than just dm or abit of sd put in .on cod4 i would like to see ranked server with mixture of game types but not ffa.
will the server be cracked or not this time? to minimise the cheaters :)
By FuNsgtSaM at 2007-07-23

sargent sam
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Lionheart » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:02 pm

TDM.....DM...in COD2 and COD4

S&D in COD2 and Sabotage in COD4.

And as Sam said TS is most definitely a nod from me...wanna talk too all the guys again........and gals.........and to myself. :)

And again thx for your efforts Jamie.
Lionheart

Postby jcket » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:40 pm

I would like to see COD2 setup the way it was before we went offline.......Why change something that was good before.

As for COD4.....I would like to see 1 server with a mix of TDM/SAB/HQ and one for S&D.

As for maps......I dont really mind any maps for COD2 and COD4, i hate the one that's just a small yard with a few containers (not sure of its name).....That sucks.

COD2 servers should be max players 32.
COD4 servers should be max players 20-25. "both servers".

My 2 cent :D
jcket
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Cpt.Miller » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:36 am

sargent sam wrote:i like to see ts or ventrillo on as i miss talking to ppl :)
will the server be cracked or not this time? to minimise the cheaters :)

As All Seeing Eye will not send out invatations, i think it is best to have uncracked servers to start with, when server starts to get a regular player base, this van then be changed.

Im not sure about what voice com software to install, i think vent would be the better option, because players names are anounced when they connect, so you are not guessing who connected like with TS.

There seems to be a lot of suggestions for different game types on the servers, so i think for the CoD2 server, voteing (only at end of map) should be setup.

It would off been nice to keep Gamers/Mayhem on cod2 and setup another 2 cod4 servers, but this is somthing to look at in the future, as i dont think the server will allow this many games to run (unless you dont want to have war servers)

Also im still looking for console messages, IE Welcome to ......, English chat only?? ect...

Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

just my part!!

Postby bcfcdeano » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:40 pm

i would like to see some good maps (customed maps like nango sprayhem have they have some awesome maps. also i rather have s&d rifles only like keiser liked its increases your rifle skillz. umm as for teamspeak anything will do becoz i miss talking to sam coz we are the usuall people who is on there lol. but yeah mix and match like f&s with some customed maps XD
bcfcdeano

teamspeak

Postby Curtis » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:54 pm

Well i can get us a free ts lads u know :D :D
Curtis
New User
New User

Postby freakb » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:59 pm

can i have 3 nades pleas :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
freakb

Postby Dutchman » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:28 pm

freakb wrote:can i have 3 nades pleas :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ssshhh, don't let all that nonsense start again, will ya :P
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby freakb » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:11 pm

yer sorry duchy lol
freakb

Postby Mr. Mac » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:14 pm

Rotating game types sound good to me, even if the server would run extreme mod (COD2) S&D would be still fun to play. Rifle only or not on some maps makes no difference to me since I lately play only with bolt rifles.

console messages:

- ofc welcome at start
- some of basic rules like English chat only, no racism, any abusive behavior, swearing, insulting not only admin(s) or [FuN] members but all ppl on sever will not be tolerated.
- I think that should be put out that server is proudly protected with Cerebros (The doggy thing)
- link for donations
- ip of other games that will run on server
- link of [FuN] forums & irc channel
- I seen on some servers that they run name of last player who's caught cheating, could be nice
- if [FuN] is recruiting or not

I intend to live forever - so far so good.

When the only tool you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby mazza » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:32 am

yes nonsense, i'm thru with these forums now, fragsey plz delete my account

gl with the server and gl with life.
mazza

Postby Dutchman » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:08 pm

Same to you... :roll:

btw, how nice of you to give any other non-native English speaker the benefit of the doubt when it comes to word choice, yet you don't with me... Nonsense imo can be interpeted in a lot of ways, and you obviously chose the most negative one. Fair enough, your choice, but you draw conclusions way too easily on this one
[FuN]Dutchman
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby lebelge13 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:20 pm

bla bla dutchman.you re like a kid in his lies :D
lebelge13
Lam0r/Idiot
Lam0r/Idiot

Postby mazza » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:14 pm

btw, how nice of you to give any other non-native English speaker the benefit of the doubt when it comes to word choice, yet you don't with me...

u know better than that dutchy, u know u do, now i have asked spliffyed to remove my account from these forums, and will even talk him thru it if he's unsure what to do, but to have my thoughts ridiculed by ppl i counted as friends is a step too far.

Happy Fraggin`
Last edited by mazza on Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mazza

Postby sargent sam » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:15 pm

lebelge13 lights the blue touch paper and waits ;)
By FuNsgtSaM at 2007-07-23

sargent sam
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:30 pm

mazza wrote:
btw, how nice of you to give any other non-native English speaker the benefit of the doubt when it comes to word choice, yet you don't with me...

u know better than that dutchy, u know u do, now i have asked spliffyed to remove my account from these forums, and will even talk him thru it if he's unsure what to do, but to have my thoughts ridiculed by ppl i counted as friends is a step too far.

Happy Fraggin`

Fine, have it your way... Guess you know me better than I do myself... You may have thought again and realized I wasn't aiming at anyone, but the whole situation that developed out of it.. Not going to discuss this on here, if you fancy discussing this on MSN, all fine by me. I still see you as a dear friend, and you've meant a great deal to me, so it saddens me that you would think I'm making fun of your thoughts...

btw, lebelge, bla bla to you too
Last edited by Dutchman on Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby lebelge13 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:52 pm

mazza is best of you all. :D

you have chance you dont live to belgium or i come figh you all.dutchman first.
lebelge13
Lam0r/Idiot
Lam0r/Idiot

Postby Dutchman » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:25 pm

bla bla lebelge, bla bla
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:58 am

It does seem to me tha you have got this wrong mazza.

Freakb said can i have 3 nades, as a joke and Dutchmans reply basicly said, dont start this off again.

I have said b4 that the extra nades was my fault, when i found out it was against FuN policy, i took this feature off and it should never return. I also left FuN due to this

I would hate to see you too fall out over something that was settled a while ago.

I am only helping the guys get their server running, when it is, it will be passed over to the members and i will have no more input in to what is on it, this is why i have made this post, so eveyone can decide what features they want on the server, and that i dont make a simular mistake again.

@Lebelge, Why do you allways fuel fires, you never post anything constructive, but are allways ready to jump in and abuse current and ex members. Fair enougth your good friends with Mazza, im sure she has many, but your the only one who decided to jump in and try to make things worse.

If anyone has a problem with me setting up the server, please say so now, and i will just hand server over now, and let the current membership set server up themselfs, I dont want to do anythig that creates any ill feeling between ex/current members.

Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Lionheart » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:22 am

I can't see anyone having a problem with you at all m8 setting all this up. Was hoping actually that you will come back again and take up your role.
Some people will always have problems....thats life and you will never be able too please everyone......but thats there problem not yours.

As for mazza...i think you are a bit hasty and have taken some joking comments fully the wrong way. Can't see a reason why you wanna go but thats your choice.

And as for lebelge13....how are you pumpkin.......havn't heard from you since the nade thread....funny that....only pop in too throw useless comments around. But that is also your choice....

Back too subject.......seen some good ideas for the server...not too keen personally on just rifles.......but i am willing too try out anything. Anymore ideas anyone.!!
Lionheart

Postby jcket » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:22 am

Why do threads keep getting totaly taken of track of there original topic.....

@Mazza....I dont know you from adam, But if you had a problem with something that someone had said, couldnt you have taken it to them personaly, instead of jumping in this thread?

@ebelge13....it's totaly true, I have only ever seen your name pop up when there is a chance to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Dude thats not right man.....if you dont have anything construtive or polite to say....then dont say anything at all.

@Cpt.Miller....Dude, I bet if we asked all the active members (that we see online everyday, cod2 & cod4) Who they would like to run the server...I know that they would all say your name. Keep it up....and please concider comming back? even if you teach someone how to run it, and then pass it over, dont mean to say you cant carry your [FuN] tags.

my 2 cent.
jcket
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby lebelge13 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:02 pm

you have all same opinions like sheeps.you live all in same house or what?
i remenber i have write in a precedent post ,you have not respect for old members.now its mazza,who is The following?maybe frags ,spliff,..... :D
you have snake this name of fun clan.
lebelge13
Lam0r/Idiot
Lam0r/Idiot

Postby lebelge13 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:14 pm

lebelge13 wrote:you have all same opinions like sheeps.you live all in same house or what?
i remenber i have write in a precedent post ,you have not respect for old members.now its mazza,who is The following?maybe frags ,spliff,..... :D
you have snake this name of fun clan.

ps:mazza have start post irc funnies to this forum(21555 views). :wink: .great smart this mazza again.
lebelge13
Lam0r/Idiot
Lam0r/Idiot

Postby freakb » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:28 pm

omg it was a joke i did not mean to set all sh.t of wot the hell?i must have a crap sense of humour i did think it was [FuN]Y but sorry if i upset peeps :oops: :oops: :oops:
freakb

freak

Postby bcfcdeano » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:04 pm

freak lol dont worry dude !! even myslef new it was a joke and its usually me that doesnt understand it lol so dont worry they just needed to understand from last time lol funny quote though haha and

as for jamie...............

jamie your really good and you so know you are so please keep up with the server and also consider taking your tags back pretty please everyone wants you back :)

[FuN]Cpt.Miller-(there waiting on the desk for you) !!!!!!!!! XD come back :)
bcfcdeano

Postby Dutchman » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:24 pm

freakb wrote:omg it was a joke i did not mean to set all sh.t of wot the hell?i must have a crap sense of humour i did think it was [FuN]Y but sorry if i upset peeps :oops: :oops: :oops:

You didn't do anything wrong m8, I replied to your joke in what I thought was a jokingly manner, but obviously certain people didn't catch that joke. It's a shame, but it happened, and you're not to blame, so don't worry
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby [AsC]Frags » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:13 am

seems like whenever I come back here there is another flamewar thread lol

Anyway not the vision I had for this forum when I started so i think its time to end this topic :)
[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby Dutchman » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:55 pm

Just like to add that imo it's a shame that a joke was taken way too personal and because of that a perfectly fine topic was closed, so I'd suggest to the topic starter to start a new topic again and let the discussion on the new server continue in there.
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Return to General [FuN] Information