CoD2 server - We need your help!

[FuN] 4 Mayhem CoD2 - Runs the extreme+ mod with map/gametype voting enabled

Moderators: Keiser Soze, Cpt.Miller, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators

CoD2 server - We need your help!

Postby Dutchman » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:09 am

As some may know, we've had a CoD2 server running for quite a while now, but it never really got started.

Am currently working on a config (which needs tested and approved by real server guru's as I'm just a n00b), so the server will then run the extreme+ mod on DM/TDM gametypes.

We do need your help though. We will need all the help we can get to get the server running, and therefore any ideas/suggestions will be welcome.
Just post in here what you think that will need to be changed, what maps need added/removed, etc.

Keep posted, as we are hoping to 'relaunch' the server pretty soon. Nonetheless, ideas and suggestions are more than welcome already.
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby [AsC]Frags » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:34 pm

I have my copy of CoD Ready in anticipation \o/
[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby Dutchman » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:50 pm

Just waiting for server admin(s) to have a spare moment when I'm around too to get it sorted.
[FuN]Dutchman
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Dutchman » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:29 pm

Right, server is patched and all the config files are in place.

You can check via ASE or summet and you'll see it up and running :wink:

I haven't tested it yet, will try to over the coming days, but don't have that much time due to work.
But any suggestions, ideas, comments are all welcome. Anything you dislike, tell me, and I'll see if it can be changed.

Now go out there, invite your mates, and have a good laugh on our server.

As it says in the initial post, the server runs the eXtreme+ modification for Call of Duty 2 and it runs all the stock maps (but the 1.3 ones I think) on a variety of DM and TDM, with 2-3DM maps to 1 TDM map, as I think DM is more popular.
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Dutchman » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:21 am

Having some slight problems, but that was down to my n00biness.

Hope to have it fixed in the morning.
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Dutchman » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:06 pm

Right then, was an error in the mod itself, Con seems to have fixed it.
Config will need some more tweaking, but the server is running now, and it seems to be running fine.

As I've said before, all suggestions and ideas are welcome :)

Have fun playing on [FuN] 4 Mayhem eXtreme+! :D
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby deadmonkey » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:23 pm

Noticed this morning it was back online and in glorious technicolour.

Bout time too dutchy, you slacker :P

Good work really ;)
deadmonkey
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby mazza » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:37 am

yes the poor lad done that while on holiday and ure naggin him u old git :P

He's done a gr8 job now its over to u codders to fill it :wink:
mazza

Postby deadmonkey » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:02 pm

Ok, I've connected and got on successfully, once I realised mine still had version 1.2 ;)

Two quick questions:-

1. Mine seemed to say pb was disabled. Is that intentional?

2. Am I right to assume that http redirection isn't currently enabled? Just that mine took two mins to join as the downloads were about 12k. If you want to check, the settings are detailed here http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=260694

Looks good otherwise though, nice job again dutchy
deadmonkey
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Connor » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:14 am

actually we only focused on getting the thing running so far cos the code integrity of the mod is easily compromised by dodgy settings, i m sure that those things will improve over the next couple of days as dutchy is getting into it
i'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt
Connor

Postby Dutchman » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:21 pm

deadmonkey wrote:Ok, I've connected and got on successfully, once I realised mine still had version 1.2 ;)

Two quick questions:-

1. Mine seemed to say pb was disabled. Is that intentional?

2. Am I right to assume that http redirection isn't currently enabled? Just that mine took two mins to join as the downloads were about 12k. If you want to check, the settings are detailed here http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=260694

Looks good otherwise though, nice job again dutchy

1. Yes, it's not enabled. Not really intentional, just haven't really thought about it. Can someone tell me if PB has been fixed yet, as I believe it was completely messed up when the 1.2 patch was released and I haven't really quite followed the news around that ever since.

2. That's a definate yes, it isn't enabled. Had hoped the server would allow for better speeds, as scott's promised me it is capable of that without it interrupting the server, but having now looked at that post, it seems that 12kb is the limit set by CoD2 itself. Will need one of the server guru's to help me out setting up the http redirect, but I might as well use my own webspace for the time being, as it's only a 1mb download and I don't expect thousands to join our server, least not till a good http redirect has been sorted.

---

Other than that, the server is up and running. My first attempt to crack it has failed, and I blame a certain Viking for sending me the 1.2 crack (:P I love ya really, Kane), but I've now got the right file in my hands and will make another attempt hopefully tomorrow (or tonight if I still feel up to it, lots of hours of work are tiring me down)
As I said, it is up and running, and most settings are now the way I wanted them to be, so those with a legit copy can connect and have some great [FuN]
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Dutchman » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:36 am

Accessible to everyone now, and I mean everyone :wink:

Other changes, such as PB and fixing the http redirect, I am hoping to do today or else pretty soon.
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby deadmonkey » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:43 am

Nice job mr dutchman :)
deadmonkey
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Dutchman » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:20 pm

Got the http redirect set up. It's not yet on it's permanent location, but it'll do fine for the time being. Just checked and it downloads the 1mb mod file in a couple of seconds rather than the minute or two it would take d/ling it from the server itself at 12kb/s :P

PB will come at a later stage.
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby deadmonkey » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:00 pm

I love http redir, it's a great function and you don't half miss it once you've seen it work properly.
deadmonkey
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Warpig » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:44 am

hmmm, what happend to the text msg's in game.. i see something like this now 'custom_admin_name killspree' and similar very messy thingys. These were working few days ago. Theres also those welcome msg's that are fked up.
Can stats thingy be turned off, well maybe ppl like it, but its just waste of time to wait for the next map begin. Ive seen 'zzzzzzzzz' thingys a lot in chat while stats are showing... It also hides some forum address spam and stuff behind it.
Warpig

Postby Dutchman » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:38 am

I know :(

Mod's gotten buggered somewhere, and since I don't know where, I am starting from scratch, be it with a newer version of the mod.
Hoping to relaunch the server later this day, although a lot of settings will not yet be as they should be. I want to get the mod operational first and then I will start on the configs themselves.

btw, those stats were going to be reduced, but also the mod+config files I had been working on seem to have been buggered somewhere.
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby deadmonkey » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:23 pm

Sounds like it's as easy as me trying to get stats working properly on the css server :(

Good luck dutchy
deadmonkey
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Warpig » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:48 pm

U prolly have this config maker (regular cod2), but just in case i put a link if some1 else needing it

http://gamecommandcontrol.com/?module=c ... ption=cod2
Warpig

Postby Dutchman » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:25 pm

Thanks, but don't need it, as the mod comes with the config files (as the mod itself has a hell of a lot settings too)

Seems to be fixed, new version works fine, apart from the odd bug this mod always seems to have.
Will need to fiddle around with a bit more though, as the mod sounds don't seem to be working.
But cannot be bothered to do that now, so I'll leave that for tomorrow if I have the time, otherwise it'll be Friday.

Test all you like I'd say, and let me know what's not doing what it should, and what's doing what it shouldn't :wink:
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Black_Agent » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:48 pm

first i've played in alot of servers for Call Of Duty 2 , i tried too much of them ( Cracked Servers ) :P
but i didnt found much funny of playing at any server except that one .. its really nice and realistic i tried muck servers of extreme + Modification but i didnt found better than yours ..

is there a way too make an overall rank of ur all playing at the server .. i mean a rank like Battlefield 2 to make alot of people playing at the server .. it will make it much funny ..
u can suggest the rank as u want but if u made this i'll be very happy.. u made the rank mod already but only in one game not the overall ...

i hope u make this .

BTW
Black_Agent
New User
New User

Postby Dutchman » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:17 pm

You mean stats right? Like a website where stats are shown of all the players on the server.
I've been thinking about that, as it would be rather nice for players to see how they compete against others. I'm not a big fan of stats myself, by that I mean I don't mind either way.
Will need to look into it though, and see if I'll have the time to implement it. Also wonder what it'll do to the server, if it would even matter a bit.
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby .:ExpL!c!T » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:26 pm

Any chance of getting the team damage turned off. There are a lot of blockers and been able to give them a bash or shoot a few bullets at them is a good way to get them to move. Also could the fraglimit be taken off, with the rounds been only 15 mins long the games fly by anyway but some maps in the TDM like toujane can be over in half the time. The stats idea is good, I have known in the past players leave and join another server just because of stats. People like to see numbers that show they are improving or getting worse so they can work on certain aspects of there game but finding the right kind of stats provider might take some looking into as I have heard some admins say that the stats they run take up a whole night and others that they only take half an hour.

.:Ex

:twisted:
.:ExpL!c!T

Return to SERVER: CoD2 - [FuN] 4 Mayhem [40pl]