Map suggestions

[FuN] 4 Mayhem CoD2 - Runs the extreme+ mod with map/gametype voting enabled

Moderators: Keiser Soze, Cpt.Miller, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators

Map suggestions

Postby Dutchman » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:50 pm

Currently all CoD2 stock maps are in the rotation, but some maps are obviously more popular than others.
Let me know which ones you think should go (or of which the gametype should be changed from dm to tdm or the other way around) and what (custom) maps could go in it's place, as I'm keen to keep quite a large maprotation so you don't play the same map twice if you're playing for a while.

When suggesting a custom map, please provide me with a link for more info and to download the map, so I can have a look at it :)

Thanks in advance
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby BrainBuG » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:34 pm

I'll have a look through the maps i have on my computer, but 2 i like are Neuville (yes the old cod map) and Bridge. Bridge would be good for team deathmatch.
For my part u can remove Leningrad, Villers-bocage and Moscow.
The bigger maps are better suited for team deathmatch then the smaller ones. This to avoid spawn raiding which prettymuch sucks. (like on carantan and Leningrad)

Would be nice if more ppl came with some suggestions. :)
Boeie!!!!!! En nou opzouten met je hele droge hol!
BrainBuG
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby .:ExpL!c!T » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:44 pm

I would rather see harbour go, or stalingrad but if I had to pick one of the two to stay it would be stalingrad as its not a bad map for dm with lots of people. Bridge is an ok map but it is on alot of the servers. I can understand brain bugs point but I would like to see Villers-bocage and Moscow stay. New maps are good but they may also put people off the server. Here are some good maps Ive played :

mp_cologne
mp_anzio
mp_hellskeeps_day
mp_eye
mtl_the_rock

There are a few others but my cod2 dosent load them up when I type them in console for some reason so I cant put the name to the map.

.:Ex

:twisted:
.:ExpL!c!T

Postby BrainBuG » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:56 pm

Yer i know, i've got the same problem. They won't open when i try and load them.
Anzio and the Rock are ok 2. Rock might be a bit big/laggy though.
Boeie!!!!!! En nou opzouten met je hele droge hol!
BrainBuG
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby .:ExpL!c!T » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:46 pm

This is a map I played on a server that was taken from CS:S, didnt get much time on it but it was a nice map.

mp_provence2beta

Think its called Italy in cs:s

Postby Dutchman » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:45 pm

I'll be taking a look at the maps this weekend, hopefully I'll have enough time for that.

Maps that I am thinking of removing:
mp_burgundy (Burgundy, France), as it simply seems to cause a player-drop. I quite like the map, altho it's probably not all too wel on DM/TDM.
mp_leningrad (Leningrad, Russia), as it seems a bit laggy, especially on DM, hence why it's set to TDM atm.
mp_decoy (El Alamein), as that's laggy, it's just no-fun chaos and it doesn't seem all too popular either.

Then your suggestions for removal,
mp_breakout (Villers-Bocage, France) seems too do not too bad with the general public, so I intend to keep that on there for the time being, unless there's more people feeling it should go.
mp_downtown (Moscow, Russia) I'd like to keep, as I find that's a nice chaos DM map. It runs smooth, seems to do well too, so I'll keep that on, especially as I like it (ppsh power :P)
mp_railyard I will definately keep, as I find that to be one of the better CoD2 stock maps, and it's quite fun on DM as it's big enough that you can still breathe properly with a full server.

Custom maps you suggested,
I've been looking a bit myself and mp_anzio and mp_cologne seem to be quite popular and they look very nice from the screenshots, so we could try those out.
mp_bridge I have played myself and found it to be quite fun, so I could put that on as well.
mp_province2beta I can't find any info about, let alone a screenshot, so would you be able to find me some info (or at least some screenshots :D), please?

As I don't really play a lot myself, I don't really have the best picture of which map is popular and which isn't, hence why I've created this topic. I'll soon be changing the server broadcasts and encourage people to come to the forums and tell me what they think about the maprotation, so I can start setting up so it only has popular maps on :)
[FuN]Dutchman
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby .:ExpL!c!T » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:33 pm

I was looking and not sure but I think its called provence final. Its been made for a few games and Cod UO by the looks of it. All the sights I find where you can download it seem to be european so I dont have a clue what they are talking about and if they are the right maps for cod 2. This link looks right to download the map but it looks to be in german so Im not to sure what they are on about.

http://www.devilsfighter.com/modules.ph ... rchresults

and type provence it comes up with the cod2 map

http://www.the-crazy-fighters.de/module ... egorystart

another german one but shows a different screenshot

Thats about the best I could do as I cant load a map up in cod2 for some reason, can only get it to work on a server running the map. If I find one ill get back to you with sceenshots. Suprised the map is not on file planet or one of these sights.

Postby .:ExpL!c!T » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:06 pm

Postby Dutchman » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:14 pm

Right, sorry it has taken me a while to come back to this subject.

I have now removed burgundy and leningrad as they were simply the weakest links in the whole maprotation
Although I don't like decoy (nor does my laptop like any African-based map for some odd reason), it seems to be quite popular after all, so I've decided to keep that in there.

Custom maps I will still want to put in there, but we need to look into the http redirect still. The mod file is located on a different bit, but that won't like 100's of people downloading 10's of mb's off there :P
That provence one sure looks quite nice, so do anzio and cologne, so I think they will be on the rotation, hopefully some time very soon :)

By the way, if you wanna come for a nice chat, you can find us in IRC on Quakenet in #[FuN] - Or just simply clicky "IRC Chat" top of your screen. There's people about most of the time, and even some crazy fellow scots(wo)men :P

And thanks again for the input, keep it coming :)
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Dutchman » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:38 pm

Right, again sorry this has taken a while.

I have now added mp_anzio - mp_cologne - mp_provence2beta - mp_townville to the rotation, so let's see how that goes :)
Let's hope I didn't mess up with the config somewhere, else I'll notice that in the morning :P

Any more suggestions, keep them coming in :)
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Dutchman » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:09 am

Removed them again, there's something wrong with the http redirect.

Am away most of the day, so hopefully I can look into this when I get back.
Sorry about this.
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Dutchman » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:13 am

Right, 1.5 months late, but...

*drum rolls*

The 4 custom maps I've promised before are now up there and they appear to be working, the http redirect that is (thanks a bunch, Jamie :))

I have also enabled PB, so that should be a nice increase in enjoyment on the server as there should be a lot less cheaters able to spoil everyone's fun :wink:

Any more maps you like to see, or like to see removed of course, do give me a shout.
I promise it won't take as long as it has now, but bear in mind it may take a couple of days.

Cheers for the patience :)
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby .:ExpL!c!T » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:50 pm

Hey good work dutch. But.... There is heaps of lag on the server :( It's been laggy for a few weeks but now its seems to have gone up another level. Dont know if its the PB making it worse but its realy pretty bad, I asked people on the server if any of them were getting it and a few of them said yeah. So it aint my connection.

Veni, vidi, vici

Postby .:ExpL!c!T » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:52 am

Not sure if you are looking at custom maps anymore on the server but if you are ramelle might be worth a peak. I really enjoyed playing this map on the servers Ive tryed it out on. The picture they give you dose not do it justice. Have a look anyhow. Might be a good TDM map.

www.codutility.com/index.php?file=Downl ... l_id=1907#

This clan have also made some really nice maps that are always worth a look.

http://www.mtlclan.com/ChargementDownloadCOD2Maps.htm

Veni, vidi, vici

Postby Cpt.Miller » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:43 am

Does look like a good map, i do like maps were you can interact with doors and other stuff.

Having said that, this map is 35 megs and i dont expect most players will wait for this to download, as you know a lot of players are from abroad and dont have the bandwith we in western europe have, some have to pay extra if they go over their limit :(

If enougth players want it tho, i might change my mind

Thanks for the suggestion

Cpt.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby .:ExpL!c!T » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:28 am

Ah well thats ashame as its a kewl map. But I can understand what your saying. Its not worth losing a chunk of players because of a map. Just wondering dose this mean that your not wanting to put any new maps on or do you have a limit to what you think would be an exceptable map size to download? Thanks.

Veni, vidi, vici

Postby Cpt.Miller » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:30 pm

All sugestions welcome, but try to keep size below 30 megs, at the moment i only have 100 megs to host maps for both Gamers and Mayhem so cant keep lots of big maps.

I still mght add the other map, just gonna run it on a private server and see what it plays like, well the Mrs will play it ;)

Cpt.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby DeMoN Crazy1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:43 pm

hello all ive have had time to see what people have typed and what people want!
here's my list of what i think should be changed! witch is just my opinion.
plz take a look and see what u think?

mp_chateauv1.1 # by r//wEE
mp_mirage
mp_saint lo
mp_eindhoven,holland beta
mp_the rock
mp_coal mine

to go off...
mp_lenengrad, russia
mp_beltot, fance
mp_brecourt, france
mp_cean-france
mp_restov, russia
mp_leningrad, russia

8) 8) 8) 8) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
DeMoN Crazy1
New User
New User

Postby DeMoN Viper » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:11 am

to go off...
mp_lenengrad, russia
mp_beltot, fance
mp_restov, russia
mp_leningrad, russia

may be to put on????
mp_coal mine
mp_eindhoven,holland beta
mp_mirage
mp_saint lo
mp_chateauv1.1

these should be cool i think... but its up to evry body else too just a sugestion

have a look and see

thanks
viper
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :D :D :D :D :D :D
DeMoN Viper

Postby .:ExpL!c!T » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:33 pm

Played this map on a few servers and its pretty good, can support a good few players aswell : mp_karkand_final

Veni, vidi, vici

Postby Cpt.Miller » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:13 pm

mp_eindhoven,holland beta, mp_mirage, mp_saint lo and mp_chateauv1.1 are already in the downloads folder so should not be a problem.

The rock i did try and add before but the server didn't see it for some reason :(

mp_lenengrad, russia
mp_beltot, fance
mp_restov, russia
mp_leningrad, russia

Viper, i take it you dont like Leningrad, russia pmsl

mp_coal mine and mp_karkand_final ive added but will test b4 adding to rotation.

Cpt.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:38 pm

Just gotta say this...

C'mon... Eindhoven, Holland. get real, that's like saying Edinburgh, England...
Holland used to be a country, but nowadays it's called The Netherlands. There's 2 provinces called North and South Holland, which were part of that country called Holland.
If you'd say Amsterdam Holland, there'd still be some truth in that, but Eindhoven wasn't in the old country, nor is it in any of the above mentioned provinces.
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby DeMoN Viper » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:32 am

no m8 dont like it thanks rofl .....bugger :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D i will see u soon lol
DeMoN Viper

Postby Cpt.Miller » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:14 am

Dutchman wrote:Just gotta say this...

C'mon... Eindhoven, Holland. get real, that's like saying Edinburgh, England...
Holland used to be a country, but nowadays it's called The Netherlands. There's 2 provinces called North and South Holland, which were part of that country called Holland.
If you'd say Amsterdam Holland, there'd still be some truth in that, but Eindhoven wasn't in the old country, nor is it in any of the above mentioned provinces.

Iv'e allways wondered why it was called The Netherlands and Holland, i will sleep better tonight now thats off my mind :D

Cpt.

From Bristol, Earth(altho some people say im on another planet)
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Madis » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:00 am

You should keep Ice Station and some of the older maps too... But most of the new maps are interesting and make the game better.
Madis
New User
New User

Postby Naitsabes » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:19 pm

Please don't remove russian maps. IMO they are real good for playing, thx to PPSH and it's speed
Best on this maps is DM ,but TDM is quite good too... :P
As for the new maps ,big downloads ... no problem for me :)
Naitsabes

3 New Maps

Postby MooDSwinG » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:22 am

Yo, Ive played three maps on a spanish server that are awsome, one is called industry which is a small map best played on DM for complete choas. the other is called GOBRATS 2 which is a giant kitchen with secrets an stuff best played on CTF mode and finally a map called hellskeep night i think which has a giant church in it an is awsome for DM aswell. Dont know if anyone has seen them atall but i'd love to see them played here once in a while. I know what Gobrats and industry should both be small downloads aswell so they wont put people off too much,, E.Z

Let me know if anyone else likes this sudgestion!

Edit : Found some screenshots of the maps

Industry : http://callofduty.filefront.com/file/Industry;63435

Hells Keep : http://callofduty.filefront.com/file/Hells_Keep;62723

Gobrats , http://callofduty.filefront.com/file/;74867

Peace!

Rob
Check out my webpage on myspace......www.myspace.com/djdillema2006 If you like Your Drum & Bass then this is for you...Recently got sighned to darkland recordings so chek it out...:)

Check that link under this for my player stats...mad i didnt know they knew so much....

http://www.gametracker.com/server/82.13 ... MooDSwinG/
MooDSwinG

Re: 3 New Maps

Postby manzy » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:30 pm

MooDSwinG wrote:Yo, Ive played three maps on a spanish server that are awsome, one is called industry which is a small map best played on DM for complete choas. the other is called GOBRATS 2 which is a giant kitchen with secrets an stuff best played on CTF mode and finally a map called hellskeep night i think which has a giant church in it an is awsome for DM aswell. Dont know if anyone has seen them atall but i'd love to see them played here once in a while. I know what Gobrats and industry should both be small downloads aswell so they wont put people off too much,, E.Z

Let me know if anyone else likes this sudgestion!

Edit : Found some screenshots of the maps

Industry : http://callofduty.filefront.com/file/Industry;63435

Hells Keep : http://callofduty.filefront.com/file/Hells_Keep;62723

Gobrats , http://callofduty.filefront.com/file/;74867

Peace!

Rob

yh 4 sure industry n gob rats 2 brilliant maps i fink u sud try them c wot u think not played heels keep ill av 2 giv it a go c wot i think cheers

manzy :D :D
never fear manz is here
manzy
New User
New User

Postby jcket » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:14 am

Is there much work into changing the maps?

The reason i ask, is because i know of a server that changes there maps almost every day. I mean it's not necesary imo, But it does help to kill repertition.

So if we could do it maybe once a week or so, that imo would be a good thing.
jcket
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:16 pm

Most work is putting the maps on the server (and possible external download link), changing the maprotation takes 1minute
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby jcket » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:23 pm

so could this be something to concider?

I mean it could really only have a possitive effect?
jcket
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:21 pm

Well, if there'd be enough room on the external download space, Jamie/FuN would be able to put up a lot of maps there, which is the most time-consuming as uploading files that big a size may take a while.

Changing the config takes less time than typing this post :wink:
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:52 am

Dutchman wrote:Well, if there'd be enough room on the external download space, Jamie/FuN would be able to put up a lot of maps there, which is the most time-consuming as uploading files that big a size may take a while.

Changing the config takes less time than typing this post :wink:

Yeh what Dutchy says, atm i have 5 megs free on the external space :( but i think we have enougth maps, but will be asking soon what ones to keep and what ones to get rid of.

Cpt.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby jcket » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:45 am

i hope you dont think i am being pushy... I mean please dont take these questions the wrong way.

I only mean good intentions. :D
jcket
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Dutchman » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:18 pm

jcket wrote:i hope you dont think i am being pushy... I mean please dont take these questions the wrong way.

I only mean good intentions. :D

Nag at him all you like, he deserves it!

Don't think Jamie sees this as being pushy, I know from my own experience as server admin it's nice to have people take interest in what you're doing and all suggestions are more than welcome
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Next

Return to SERVER: CoD2 - [FuN] 4 Mayhem [40pl]