I can't connect to te server because punkbuster.

[FuN] 4 Mayhem CoD2 - Runs the extreme+ mod with map/gametype voting enabled

Moderators: Keiser Soze, Cpt.Miller, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators

I can't connect to te server because punkbuster.

Postby ja » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:49 pm

Hello,

I play much on this server but now I can't connect to the server. There is written that I must enable punkbuster. Then I go to the multiplayer option menu en I click on punkbuster. And then I go back to windows, so I can't enable punkbuster. Have someone perhaps an answer for me?

Tia
ja
New User
New User

Postby .:ExpL!c!T » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:26 pm

Have you tryed joining in safe mode? www.evenbalance.com is the punkbuster website. If you cant get an awnser there I would say that maybe you should uninstall cod2 and then delete the files that are left. Reinstall cod2 and get the latest patch, v1.3 and after that download the PB installer from that website. Dont know if that is any help but is all I can sugest.

.:Ex

:twisted:

Veni, vidi, vici
.:ExpL!c!T

Postby ja » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:45 pm

I have tried to play in safe mode but it doesn't work. I have done what on the site state, the update program said that I have the newest version of punkbuster. But the problem is that I can't enable punkbuster. Has someone still a idea?
ja
New User
New User

Postby Dutchman » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:41 pm

A full reinstall (as described by Explicit) would seem the easiest solution.

I've not heard of this problem before, so am not aware of any solution.
Suggest you contact punkbuster (www.evenbalance.com)

Also might want to have a look in your config file (make sure you grab the one in the right folder), and see if you can find "cl_punkbuster " and change that manually to 1 if it's set to 0.

All I can think of atm, sorry. Good luck and please let us know when you've found the solution
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby ja » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:09 pm

I have done reinstall, but it does not work still. It is still the same problem. At a friend of me it is exactly the same. It is only at this server, because an other server works, however. And in the config file I have set "cl_punkbuster" to 1. If I have incited it there, I can't open call or duty 2 multiplayer no longer because it the program quit then.
ja
New User
New User

Postby .:ExpL!c!T » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:38 pm

Did you make sure you delete the files left after the uninstall? The PB file is still there after you uninstall cod2, so you would need to delete all those files aswell, that folder also contains all the mods ect. If it dose not work then get in touch with the people who make punkbuster and ask them what to do.

Veni, vidi, vici

Postby ja » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:07 pm

I had already removed all files. Also I have already sent an e-mail to evenbalance but I have still no answer.
ja
New User
New User

Postby .:ExpL!c!T » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:51 am

You get a reply yet? If you do it on the website they wont actualy reply to your e-mail, you have to save the link of the page they tell you when you sent the message. The reply will be there.

Veni, vidi, vici

Postby ja » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:07 pm

I had one reply back but it was no useful. But the problem is solved, I had CoD2 uninstalled then I have everyting from CoD removed in the register. Then I reinstall cod with patch 1.2 because then I can enable punkbuster. And then install patch 1.3 and punkbuster is still enabled. Now it works. Everyone thanks for help.
ja
New User
New User

Postby Dutchman » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:07 pm

Glad to hear you've solved it and thanks for posting your solution, I'm sure this can be a help to anyone else who gets across this problem.
[FuN]Dutchman
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Return to SERVER: CoD2 - [FuN] 4 Mayhem [40pl]