Have FuN lost it totaly??

[FuN] 4 Mayhem CoD2 - Runs the extreme+ mod with map/gametype voting enabled

Moderators: Keiser Soze, Cpt.Miller, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators

Have FuN lost it totaly??

Postby kampus » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:43 pm

Where are all admins? There is so much cursing and afk'ers in ur servers...!!
kampus
New User
New User

Postby Jaguar » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:56 pm

most cursing is in [FuN]4mayhem, but every player who curses gets kicked...if an admin sees repeat offenders they are banned 24 hrs, but we can't stop them from swearing before they say so live with it. We aren't a 50 member clan anymore so there are certainly times we can't watch the irritating kids and punnks running rampent.

Too many complaints these days, we aren't a complaint department, we are a gaming community.
Back to prowlin so keep ur eyes open..or u won't be around to use em.
Jaguar
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby kampus » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:10 pm

Jaguar wrote:most cursing is in [FuN]4mayhem, but every player who curses gets kicked...if an admin sees repeat offenders they are banned 24 hrs, but we can't stop them from swearing before they say so live with it. We aren't a 50 member clan anymore so there are certainly times we can't watch the irritating kids and punnks running rampent.

Too many complaints these days, we aren't a complaint department, we are a gaming community.

Ok..so if i get this straigh...we dont get to complain about things because ur only a 30member clan now?
And what good is a forum if we dont get to complain about things...what is it here for?
And not a player who used a curseword has so far been kicked during an hours gametime there!!
kampus
New User
New User

Postby Cpt.Miller » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:27 am

kampus wrote:
Jaguar wrote:most cursing is in [FuN]4mayhem, but every player who curses gets kicked...if an admin sees repeat offenders they are banned 24 hrs, but we can't stop them from swearing before they say so live with it. We aren't a 50 member clan anymore so there are certainly times we can't watch the irritating kids and punnks running rampent.

Ok..so if i get this straigh...we dont get to complain about things because ur only a 30member clan now?
And what good is a forum if we dont get to complain about things...what is it here for?
And not a player who used a curseword has so far been kicked during an hours gametime there!!

Most common curse words will get you kicked, but players know this and try to fool the swear filter by puting spaces or missing out a letter, if this is spotted by an admin the player will be kicked but we can not monitor the servers 24/7.

If you have seen a swear word that is not getting the player kick automaticly then send me a pm with it and ill add it to the swear word list.

I hope this wont spoil your enjoyment of our servers.

Cpt.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby lebelge » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:37 pm

i remember when warpig, mazza and killa do admin to servers fun clan.all players is scared of them and there is not swearing on ur servers.
lebelge

Postby spliffyed » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:30 pm

Even though i don't play CoD I'd agree with lebelge on this point : Admins should be ruthless when it comes to swearing on any of our servers : the problem of course is having an admin at hand all the time to dish out the punishment.

Spotting and eliminating cheat0rs can be a bit more tricky to decide - but swearing is obvious. A simple rule is a Warning a Second Warning with a promise of a kick if its repeated (no need for the third warning just kick them). NB If the offending comments are in any way racially oriented I would personally just Warn and Kick (of course all these are circumstance oriented) - but that would be my base rules.

Whoever said 'nothing's impossible' obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree
spliffyed

Postby Dutchman » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:43 pm

Unfortunately it's just the absense of admins that causes swearing going out of hand.
Of course the current admins are doing a great job, but it cannot be compared to back in the day FuN had a lot of active CoD players, so there were admins around all the time.
That, and GSG did the trick too. Not sure how the current swearfilter is working, but from what I hear here it supposedly doesn't work the wonders GSG, and of course more recently Hound did. It's a shame, but it's sad reality.
I bet that if there'd be 2 FuN members on average on the servers during the day/evening, swearing would decrease dramatically.
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby mazza » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:50 pm

and the fact that kampus just likes to complain :P don't ya babes :?: :wink:

He's taken over piggy's job of moaning, grumpy old git :P
mazza

Postby lebelge » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:03 pm

what a great avatar this kampus.great man this guy again
lebelge

Postby [AsC]Frags » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:39 pm

Avatars removed by senior admin as breaks terms of use....

this is not only [FuN]'s forum so please respect the rules!

[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby kampus » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:31 pm

hihi....why u removed my profile so i cant set avatar there?
U could just have asked me to remove it...or u get pissed because i ask u about ur skills in admining servers?
i.say.hihi
kampus
New User
New User

Postby Dutchman » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:50 pm

No need for pictures in your signature with swearing in it.

Gotta say I'm quite dissapointed with you, kampus, thought you were more mature than this :roll:
[FuN]Dutchman
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby lebelge » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:33 pm

omg great dispute here again
lebelge

Postby [AsC]Frags » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:46 pm

We remove any content when against the rules when seen.... we will remove any offensive posts, avatars signatures without ANY notification and prevent users from using those features if they break the rules. Dont see why I or my admins should waste our time contacting you to request you remove something that breaks the rules. We are busy enough as it is.

We removed your avatar as it broke the rules of the forum. That should of been message enough to say we do not accept it... not to go on and do the same in your signature.

You are lucky you have not been totally banned as I have had many complaints about you from both [FuN] and non-[FuN] members.

This forum is run for the use of everyone, including children. It is not only for [FuN] as other clans/guilds are on here too, so be respectful for these people at least.

Consider this a FINAL warning Kampus. Your account now has basic posting priveledges only.

But to be honest, why are you still here..... if you do not like the way we run things, then go somewhere else..... most of the players seem happy enough with the servers so they wouldnt keep coming back.... and majority of those that do have problems contact us politely with suggestions and fair comments. If you think you can run the servers better... cough up the money to pay for it and the time we give to it and mebbe we can be there 24/7 as you request.

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby lebelge » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:10 pm

i respect you fun frags but if you ban kampus ban me too :D

but i warning you too if you ban me i do great misery to you to irc chanel hihi :lol: (omg i like dispute.i dont know why.maybe cos im crazy)
lebelge

Postby [AsC]Frags » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:44 pm

Lebelge I really do not know why you are getting involved in this. Kampus has broken the rules... so will face the consequnses... If he breaks the rulesagain (3 strikes) he wil be banned.... simple... Its the same rules for all!

If we were really being asses he would of been banned already... but so far we have given him 2 chances.

[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby lebelge » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:15 pm

sorry frags but kampus is my friend.never i snake friend same he is in wrong :D
lebelge

Postby kampus » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:20 pm

Ok...if u dont want us to come here to complain...remove the banner from server that tells gamers to come here..
And since u dont seem to have any attentions whatsoever to keep an eye on ur 'gameservers'...feel free to remove me from here..cause what do i have here to do if none of u really care about the servers?
Have a nice day and peace...im outa here for good!
kampus
New User
New User

Postby Jaguar » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:46 pm

it's about time he left, but i would have rather had him leave silently and without hearing him rant some more. and since he wanted the last word, i'm taking the last word it is ....

Bye
Jaguar
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby [AsC]Frags » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:12 pm

thank god.... byeeee :)

[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby lebelge » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:54 pm

omg no good do it for kampus.good man this guy.

i play few times to your server cod2 and i see this fun jaguar is a arrogant personnage.no good for your clan.ban him.why not?
lebelge

Postby Cpt.Miller » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:03 pm

lebelge, i have no clue as to what your talking about.

I have played on servers with Jag, and imho he is a very nice chap, and no im not saying it because he is a FuN member, its just a fact.

If it wern't for people like Jag and other members the swearing on the servers would be a lot worse then it is now

Anyway, thats my 2p worth

Cpt.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Jaguar » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:11 pm

its a sad day when a regular like lebelge vouches for such a poor excuse of a friendly player. kampus came her to stir things up and he succeeded, that's all he came to do....every post was to harass, and he blatently disobeyed the most obvious of rules. No cursing, and even after his avatar was deleted, and his right revoked he repeated the offense in his sig.

if you support his antics then go join him elsewhere. kids here don't need to see people like him and pick up his habits.

i hope millers kids didn't see the avatar or the sig, and if you don't like me, i am fine with it.
Jaguar
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby lebelge » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:39 pm

ok i stop this bla bla but you dont know kampus
lebelge

Postby Dutchman » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:58 pm

lebelge wrote:ok i stop this bla bla but you dont know kampus

From what I've seen on here, I think I'm grateful that I don't know him.
Actually, I thought I did, but some people never seize to amaze...

Other than that, Jag's used to people not liking him, after all... he IS Canadian :P:wink:
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Jaguar » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:53 am

exactly, we Canadians love to hate and be hated. can't get enough.
Jaguar
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby mazza » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:12 am

What's wrong here :?: Kampus was only pointing out an observation on what's going wrong with the servers, i dunno what his sig or avatar as i can't say i noticed, but if they were rude then of course admin have the right to remove them, but surely [FuN] are still open to some criticism with regards to the servers, and i'm afraid i have to agree with kampus with the advertising forums on servers, if u don't want people to come with complaints or suggestions for the servers then perhaps u should remove the advertising :P

Maybe instead of slating the guy for complaining u could bring some suggestions to the forum to solve or at least make the problem a bit better :?:
mazza

Postby spliffyed » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:40 am

I agree with Maz ^^ here - so many posts were negative against this guy (and of course we should remove offensive avatars and sigs) - but the whole thread turned into a gripe about kampus rather than how we can better police the servers. In Evermore trusted players were promoted to semi-admins (dunno if this works in COD2) so that when admins weren't present there was still likely to be some game control and it worked well (for one it made regular players who were conscious of enforcing server rules feel important and more likely to play your servers . . . and as a knock on effect it took a lot of the bad play/language off the servers). I know i had Level 3 admin on evermore before i even joined [FuN].

Point 1 - regardless of avatars/sigs in the initial post - the question/complaint was valid

Point 2 - if you have problems controlling personal emotions please use the PVT forums or #funstuff to discuss these issues prior to a [FuN]Member jumping in with a reply - remember this is the public facing image the clan presents and that as [FuN]Members any post by us is likely to be considered as the views of the clan - if you must post personal commnets please say that they are 'your opinions'

Whoever said 'nothing's impossible' obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree
spliffyed

Postby Dutchman » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:59 am

The only post that can perhaps be seen as "negative", could've been jag's initial reply, although I read that more as a frustration from Jag's part as he also wishes to keep the servers clean, but feels he and the other admins just fall short due to their limited number and the too big a number of muppets they face on the server. I know that's frustrated me in the past, so if that's Jag's case, I completely understand his reaction.
It was the topic starter imo who turned things ugly by breaking forum rules by adding foul-languaged pictures, firstly setting them as his avatar, and after those were removed, put them in his signature.
Yes, of course, any player can come here to complain or give advice of any sort, but I found the tone rather moaning to begin with. Surely there are better ways to tell FuN what's wrong, and perhaps what could be done otherwise. Perhaps it's just the way I'm reading into this, but I know I would've gone a different way if I were playing on a server and didn't quite enjoy how things were going.
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby mazza » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:22 pm

yes i agree with a lot of what u are saying dutchy, but ppl can come across wrong because english is not their first language, so i guess a wee bit of understanding is called for there, as i said in previous post, frags was quite right to remove kampus' images if they were offensive, i'm not backing up his behaviour in that way, but am trying to make the guys see that in dealing with "complaints" perhaps they should b trying to b more constructive instead of getting frustrated :?:

and btw, Kampus and Warpig are great heroes of lebelge's so that's why he's sticking his big nose in :P chill out kiddo :wink:
mazza

Postby Jaguar » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:55 pm

we understood his first post and have had the discussion many times, we have increased admins but still we aren't on 24/7 because we enjoy playing too. after a couple posts he decided to spite our rules and post an offensive avatar, it was deleted, and he should have stopped there, instead he repeated the statement in a new sig.

so he certainly is not a player who I will consider before the many others who respectfully accept our slow but progressive assistance. We aren't perfect, so don't expect perfection. I shouldn't have to say this over and over, search and you will see we are working hard but we do it for FREE.
Jaguar
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby lebelge » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:00 pm

when you do a thing for FREE do it correctly please :D
Last edited by lebelge on Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lebelge

Postby mazza » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:13 pm

rofl lebelge, gotta love that kid :lol: :lol: :lol:
mazza

Postby lebelge » Tue May 08, 2007 9:04 pm

omg i confirm words of kampus.he is right.i play today to your server fun gamers and i take few insult raciste by 2 menbers of clan jarhead(rayan and paxxpl).never i see it to a server fun.you can do sry for kampus now.why not?
lebelge

Postby Dutchman » Tue May 08, 2007 10:44 pm

Have you contacted any of the server admins about this?
If it's indeed the case they insulted you in a racist way, the server logs should be able to confirm this and harsh action must be taken. FuN has and never will tolerate racism of any kind.
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Next

Return to SERVER: CoD2 - [FuN] 4 Mayhem [40pl]