Guys having a new cod problem can u help?

[FuN] 4 Mayhem CoD2 - Runs the extreme+ mod with map/gametype voting enabled

Moderators: Keiser Soze, Cpt.Miller, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators

Guys having a new cod problem can u help?

Postby MooDSwinG » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:48 pm

Only today ive started getting kicked for not having punkbuster a & b running (exe's) i havnt had them running for months now because i didnt know what they did an the game still seemed to run without them pressent and also i like to tidy up my process list ;) dont we all. Now im gettin the trip that something has changed in my pc's setup in some way because i had to set up all my settings for a audio program aswell this morning as if it had only just been installed. This has also led me to start thinkin well isnt that anti cheat software? an should i have it running? do you guys have it running? because i havnt for ages with no problem until now. maybe the servers have started queerying me now i dont know...i can asure u though as you will see from my score that i wasnt cheating before and am now obviously going to have to run the processes. Wierd all i can say really......Anyone got any ideas?

Hit me back :)

Rob
Check out my webpage on myspace......www.myspace.com/djdillema2006 If you like Your Drum & Bass then this is for you...Recently got sighned to darkland recordings so chek it out...:)

Check that link under this for my player stats...mad i didnt know they knew so much....

http://www.gametracker.com/server/82.13 ... MooDSwinG/
MooDSwinG

Postby Cpt.Miller » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:19 pm

Sorry to hear your haveing problems.

Yes you need both processes running, its been this way for a while suprised your just getting problems with this now.

You could try updating Punkbuster with THIS

Cpt.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby freakb » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:43 am

yep bunkbuster kiking me to saying server runing old bunkbuster ver tride updating bunkbuster but says the same got rid of vista in hope that wood vixit but still the same on xp can sum1 help?
freakb

Postby Simba » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:44 am

freakd wrote:yep bunkbuster kiking me to saying server runing old bunkbuster ver tride updating bunkbuster but says the same got rid of vista in hope that wood vixit but still the same on xp can sum1 help?

U should be able to play cod2 with vista if u run it with admin rights, or something like that. Dont use vista personaly but ive heard discussions about the subject.

Looking forward to our next nightly bolts fight freakb :P
Simba
New User
New User

Vista

Postby MooDSwinG » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:58 pm

Yeh Vista's Dirty just like every microsoft o.s when its first released..I wont be going over to it until its service pack 2, An that will be a torrent aswell Pffftttt hahahahaa.....They got enuf cash everyone in the world in this day in age with a pc should be able to have a stable compatible o.s in my eyes but hey....oh an guys there is one thing that is pulling me towards vista, U heard of crysis? a new f.p.s game about by the makers of far cry. Impresive just really isnt the word....the graphics are photorealistic its jaw dropping stuff trust me...oh yeh forgot to say....to get those jaw dropping graphics you need dx10 which is only available on vista sadly....But im just hopeing someone cracks it for xp because there really is still so much life in xp.....without a doubt, Vista = Money spin.....did u know that the main THING about vista is that it supports ultra large memory configs i.e 16gb ddr3 stuff an yes ddr 3 is around right now as physical ram...Go here an look in there memory section >>> www.overclockers.co.uk (which by the way is one of the best priced pc parts sites that exists....recomend them my stuffs fine) Right im stonned as a melon just got back in from work an mashed sat here writing the bible hahahah....one more point going back to vista :) the whole 16gb ddr3 thing is years away though check the price so u can have high hopes on someone making a dx10 for xp or something along those lines (emulator)maybe? coz like i said plenty of life in x.p.....(wipes forhead) Right im going to go an have a munch now hahhaha......Thats me! :)

Take it easy,...sorry for writing tonage stuff but theres some good little bits of info ^^ there

:) Peace!
Check out my webpage on myspace......www.myspace.com/djdillema2006 If you like Your Drum & Bass then this is for you...Recently got sighned to darkland recordings so chek it out...:)

Check that link under this for my player stats...mad i didnt know they knew so much....

MooDSwinG

Vista take 2

Postby MooDSwinG » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:03 pm

haha oh p.s Freakb in xp you can go to control panel an go administrative tools >> services and then you can start the punkbuster services see if vista stopps them running an over ride them maybe....just a sugestion :)

Rob

MooDSwinG

Postby spliffyed » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:10 pm

Even if they are running your Firewall may be blocking communication withthe pbservers - just a thought

Whoever said 'nothing's impossible' obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree
spliffyed

Postby Keiser Soze » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:39 pm

just FYI Vista's firewall sucks :)
disable that firewall get some proper one eg. ZoneLabs or something similar and COD will run ;)

the other thing you should try in Control Panel find "Access Control something" in security settings there is link on the left panel. Set that off also... it will stop bugging you for every thing. At my job we migrated to Vista before couple of days and I can just say it's bloody security hell (to be polite :roll: )

Hope this will help
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
Cerberos -game server rcon tool
"One man with a gun can control 100 without one."
- Vladimir Lenin -
"Listen kid, life is like a dame; you spend your days trying to dance to her tune,
and she still ends up loving some other fella better."
- Humphrey Bogart -
"No man was ever wise by chance."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby {666}D-DAY » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:20 pm

hey guys,i have been over to pvt goodys house all day abd he is having the same problem as freakb but he is not running vista,the server keeps kicking him out after 10 mins or so saying server is running old version of pb,he can play any other server without this problem so i dont know wat is going on with it,any sugestions would be good,cheers guys thanks.
{666}D-DAY
New User
New User

Postby Dutchman » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:26 pm

Jamie, you sure PB's updated on the servers m8?

Do find it odd it's kicking people for having a newer version than the server tho, thought it only kicked if it was the other way around. It may auto-spam a message tru the player claiming the server is running an old PB version, but don't recall these players ever being kicked by PB itself. (Have noticed some server admins doing it themselves, cos they got annoyed by the PB-messages being spammed :P)

To those having problems, perhaps an idea to have a look at PB's webby, http://www.evenbalance.com, and see if you can find an answer on there

/edit
Had a quick looky myself, and see this in the FAQ regarding the server processes:
Are the new components optional?

Starting with PB Client version 1.700, the new components are required. Uninstalling and/or disabling the new components will cause PunkBuster to stop working correctly and will cause frequent kicking from PunkBuster enabled servers.

Note that this is indeed one of the newest versions of the PB Client, so it appears that your problems have indeed started the moment your PB updated to that (or even a higher) version
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:15 pm

Punkbuster is running the latest version, and has been scince Wednesday morning.

I have heard other people with problems with the punkbuster processes (PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe) both of these .exe's need to be running and access to the net.

If they are showing up in your task manager processes list, i would try disabling any firewall you have, you could also delete the containts of the pb folder and use the program from evenbalance to re-setup punkbuster.

Sorry for late reply, I have been working a bit of overtime to get some money for pc upgrade.

Let me know how you get on.

Cpt.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby cinaM » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:56 pm

1) Check that you have allowed both pnkbstra.exe and pnkbstrb.exe (all dont have this one) trough your firewall. And check that they both are set automatic list on services panel(services.msc). Check that the pb definition files are up2date by this tool http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloads ... bsetup.exe

2)If the services arent on services list use this tool to manually install them http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

3)If it still it doesnt work use the tool above to manually uninstall them. Remove Call of Duty\pb folder and the Pnkbnstr* files in Windows\System32 folder. Reboot. And update your Punkbuster with PBsetup.exe or manually. And check that the pnbkstr* services are running.
cinaM

Postby Keiser Soze » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:41 pm

I don't have those services runing and connecting to server without problem.... although maybe pb starts them during my connection to server.
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
- Vladimir Lenin -
"Listen kid, life is like a dame; you spend your days trying to dance to her tune,
- Humphrey Bogart -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby sargent sam » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:03 am

cinaM wrote:1) Check that you have allowed both pnkbstra.exe and pnkbstrb.exe (all dont have this one) trough your firewall. And check that they both are set automatic list on services panel(services.msc). Check that the pb definition files are up2date by this tool http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloads ... bsetup.exe

2)If the services arent on services list use this tool to manually install them http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

3)If it still it doesnt work use the tool above to manually uninstall them. Remove Call of Duty\pb folder and the Pnkbnstr* files in Windows\System32 folder. Reboot. And update your Punkbuster with PBsetup.exe or manually. And check that the pnbkstr* services are running.

This is good advice
Take it 8)
it worked for me
By FuNsgtSaM at 2007-07-23

sargent sam
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby {666}D-DAY » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:33 pm

hi guys,,,i have things sorted out now thank you,the problem was that the pb folder in cod2 was faulty and needed replacing or was running old version this i didnt know until i spoke to freakb who with out his help pvt goody was not going to get back onto the server.this is what we did just incase anyone else needs to know.we opened the pb folder in cod2 and deleted everything and left the folder empty,then freakb sent me the new folder contents and i then passed them onto pvt goody long winded i know but it worked he can now play on the server so cheers steve much apreciated mate if any one has this problem now i know wat it is its not that hard to do come chat to me or freakb and we'll help ya sort it out i have skype [ian.farrelly66] if you need to ask ok guys thanks for everything tallyho.

Here is the answer which I will give to President Roosevelt... We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire. Neither the sudden shock of battle nor the long-drawn trials of vigilance and exertion will wear us down. Give us the tools and we will finish the job.
Sir Winston Churchill, Radio speech, 1941
{666}D-DAY
New User
New User

ty

Postby freakb » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:05 am

happy to help :-)
freakb

Postby MooDSwinG » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:17 am

Keiser Soze wrote:I don't have those services runing and connecting to server without problem.... although maybe pb starts them during my connection to server.

No i didnt either until the other day...wierd..lol

MooDSwinG

Postby Keiser Soze » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:54 am

MooDSwinG wrote:
Keiser Soze wrote:I don't have those services runing and connecting to server without problem.... although maybe pb starts them during my connection to server.

No i didnt either until the other day...wierd..lol

But i was testing it a bit and on one server i was kicked because of that :shock:
So i can say this is potential security risk in one hand and the other thing PB server will eventualy kick the player from server if those services aren't running.

For those concerned about security risk.... if you are installing PB client be sure to grab setup from official PB site ;)
This goes for any other app u use for gaming: xfire, ASE etc.
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
- Vladimir Lenin -
- Humphrey Bogart -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby cinaM » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:03 pm

I doubt theres any security risks with unofficial stuff such as updates. Xfire updates itself so theres no risk for "unofficial" update. ASE been dead a long time so think there aint security risks either. Also updating pb from somewhere else than Punkbuster site or using PBsetup.exe sounds odd to me.

Think if the services must be running while gaming are dependant if the server is it cracked, linux or windows server etc. Also some servers have different cvars etc. Also your own hardware might be affecting it.

I havent been kicked for this yet but ive been experiencing wierd lag on some servers since the pb update. This doesnt apply on all servers tho and I dont really know why its only happening on some servers.
cinaM

Postby Keiser Soze » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:09 am

cinaM wrote:I doubt theres any security risks with unofficial stuff such as updates. Xfire updates itself so theres no risk for "unofficial" update. ASE been dead a long time so think there aint security risks either. Also updating pb from somewhere else than Punkbuster site or using PBsetup.exe sounds odd to me....

Yeah it's odd but some don't have much experiance in computers and don't pay attention on that... that was just a tought for the other to keep in mind ;)
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
- Vladimir Lenin -
- Humphrey Bogart -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Return to SERVER: CoD2 - [FuN] 4 Mayhem [40pl]