Current maprotation

[FuN] 4 Mayhem CoD2 - Runs the extreme+ mod with map/gametype voting enabled

Moderators: Keiser Soze, Cpt.Miller, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators

Current maprotation

Postby Dutchman » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:47 am

Jamie, could you post the current maprotation please?
There's some gametypes I'd like to see changed on certain maps, but want to see how other gamers feel about this.

One I know from the top of my head is gob_icestation. That's currently set to DM, but I honestly think the map can be more fun when set to TDM, and still maintaining the pure and utter chaos it brings.

Cheers
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby SayeTeT13 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:41 pm

had the same idea about icestataion (but jamie dosent listen to my idea's so i always wait for someone else 2 suggest) :D
dutch i bet u also want d-day put off permanently and bratz on rotation right? :P
SayeTeT13

tdm

Postby Mr. Mac » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:50 pm

yep I would like to try icestation as tdm, now u respawn & sec later there is someone shooting u in the back

I intend to live forever - so far so good.

When the only tool you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:34 pm

SayeTeT13 wrote:had the same idea about icestataion (but jamie dosent listen to my idea's so i always wait for someone else 2 suggest) :D
dutch i bet u also want d-day put off permanently and bratz on rotation right? :P

Haha, Jamie listens to me (Well, he'd better! :P)

As for dday. No, actually, I do not want to see that go. As a matter of fact, I was the one to suggest it ages ago. I don't know 'bratz', so can't give you an opinion about that.
[FuN]Dutchman
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:55 pm

Current map rotation:-

set sv_mapRotation "gametype tdm map mp_brecourt gametype dm map mp_railyard gametype dm map mp_carentan gametype tdm map mp_harbor gametype dm map mp_breakout gametype dm map mp_burgundy gametype tdm map mp_matmata gametype dm gob_icestation gametype tdm map mp_devils_den_beta gametype dm mp_edelweiss gametype dm map mp_st gametype tdm mp_d-day+7.2 gametype dm map mp_dawnville gametype dm map mp_decoy gametype tdm map mp_trainstation gametype gametype dm map mp_downtown gametype dm map mp_ctf gametype tdm map mp_toujane"

What do you guys think of voting at end of map? (just a thought)

I think Claire want to see Devils den and Edelwiess go.

Will probaly make a new map pack this weekend for both servers, so suggest maps here and will see what they play like on the server, will try and test one each night depending on the suggestions.

Cpt.
Last edited by Cpt.Miller on Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Keiser Soze » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:20 pm

Cpt.Miller wrote:...
What do you guys think of voting at end of map? (just a thought)

I think Claire want to see Devils den and Edelwiess

Cpt.

Voting seems good to me as the admin has the last word for it ;)
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
Cerberos -game server rcon tool
"One man with a gun can control 100 without one."
- Vladimir Lenin -
"Listen kid, life is like a dame; you spend your days trying to dance to her tune,
and she still ends up loving some other fella better."
- Humphrey Bogart -
"No man was ever wise by chance."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Dutchman » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:39 pm

Voting no please, apart from that I'm not sure whether that's still a means for people to crash a server (has this been fixed in CoD2, anyone knows?), imo you should just stick to the maprotation. If players want a different map, they can always ask one of the FuN members that seem to be playing in large numbers nowadays.
What I dislike atm is a map being changed within 5secs of it being loaded. I don't load maps as quickly as the average player, so by the time I'm connected, it's switching to another map already :/

I'd suggest the following to be changed:

mp_railyard DM --> TDM
mp_breakout DM --> TDM
gob_icestation DM --> TDM
mp_dawnville DM --> TDM
mp_decoy DM --> TDM

I know this reduces the amount of DM maps, but imo these maps are better suited as TDM looking at the layout of them. If well played, it can create quite some nice battles between the 2 teams (as for example happens from time to time on brecourt)

I'm fine with the maps that are on there atm, so I don't mind if some go, but would definately like to see dday and icestation stay (both as TDM)

Also, anyone think it'd be worthwile to start a poll for one or two HQ maps in the rotation? Might be a nice try, I quite fancy the gametype as it calls for more teamplay, but I'm not sure how the average Mayhem player thinks about this
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:10 am

Sorry Dutchy, i ment vote at the end of the map, not during a map. When a map finishes a voting box will show up giving 5 options for the next map.

Also i will look into the above for tonight

Catch ya later m8

Jamie
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Keiser Soze » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:34 am

Would be nice to see if game type could be voted also... and CTF is the one that also requires good team work and can be FuN;)

Was playing on rifle only CTF server and is FuN and is populated always with 30-40 ppl
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
- Vladimir Lenin -
"Listen kid, life is like a dame; you spend your days trying to dance to her tune,
- Humphrey Bogart -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby freakb » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:21 am

yer rifle only that wood be fun on mayhem 4 just 1 map :D
freakb

Postby zvonca » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:26 am

If you put CTF rifle only on some maps then you will see me on mayhem too. :wink:
zvonca

Postby Mr. Mac » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:46 pm

No matter what would game type be, CTF, HQ, DM or TDM it would be nice to play few maps with rifle only.

Voting at the end of the map sounds good to me only if there are always different maps to chose. That way will be avoided that some favorite maps rotate all the time. Sure it would be FuN 4 a while but in my imo if a few maps rotate over & over again, soon ppl will get bored.
Last edited by Mr. Mac on Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I intend to live forever - so far so good.

When the only tool you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:55 pm

Cpt.Miller wrote:Sorry Dutchy, i ment vote at the end of the map, not during a map. When a map finishes a voting box will show up giving 5 options for the next map.

Also i will look into the above for tonight

Catch ya later m8

Jamie

I knew you meant that, so my opinion still stands. :) But alas, if that will stop the map being changed at the start of a map someone doesn't like, then I suppose I wouldn't mind very much. btw, if you're going to skip a map every time someone says he/she doesn't like it, you won't have any map to play on. I play maps I don't like very much, but I don't go about moaning every time it comes on. If you don't like a map, you either just try to have fun or sit it out (or leave the server for that matter), and if you feel it should be removed from the rotation, you can quite easily create a poll on these forums, as I'm all for democracy
As for rifle only, won't see me on the server then, I hate weapon limits. If you like rifle so much, you can choose to play with it. Mayhem imo should be a server without any weapon rules, it's meant to be pure chaos and the more weapons, the more chaos.
I'm all for a try of the CTF and HQ gametypes, altho I prefer the latter, so I'd suggest putting a CTF and a HQ map in the rotation and see how people respond :)

Dutchy :)
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:01 pm

As for voting, it will only allow a vote when current map finishes so no starting a map and getting votes to change it :D
Voting can be for map or gametype or both.

I have to agree with Dutchy on rifle only, i cant shoot poo with a rifle so would be no FuN for me, having said that, if thats what you guys want im sure i could add it in the configs to chuck up a rifle only CTF map every now and again. I will go with the majority on this one or Mrs Miller as she playes there more then myself.

Servers are back up and running after a bit of down time due to unknown reasons :?: and im just waiting for an on line retailer to start stocking Q6600's with G0 stepping so i can order the last bit for my pc.

Have FuN guys and gals.

Cpt.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby SayeTeT13 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:36 pm

i wanna see u tryin to capture a flag on mayhem with 10 trip wires around him... if u want ctf and hq the trip must go...
imo it must go anyway... its lame like the panzer... if u want chaos on mayhem ppl should run free like the wind... :P
and dutchy not my fault claire changes d day when i come... i didnt ask for it... ur just jealous... :P
SayeTeT13

Postby Keiser Soze » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:11 pm

Dutchman wrote:...
As for rifle only, won't see me on the server then, I hate weapon limits. If you like rifle so much, you can choose to play with it. Mayhem imo should be a server without any weapon rules, it's meant to be pure chaos and the more weapons, the more chaos.
I'm all for a try of the CTF and HQ gametypes, altho I prefer the latter, so I'd suggest putting a CTF and a HQ map in the rotation and see how people respond :)

Dutchy :)

I have to agree with you about that concerning the chaos.... but it's chaos, believe me, if you have 30 players with rifles all shooting at each other, bashing much more in their confrontations, no spraying all around. You have situations where 5-6 ppls are shooting at you, trying to bash at the same time, while you are dodging the bullets and do the same, :lol: Think it's more dynamic than the play with sprayers also ;)
As for trip wire agree.... it's difficult to take a flag with trip around but think there is mod for defusing them... uhh that would be fun to take a time to defuse while the team is covering you doing that (more team work :idea:)
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
- Vladimir Lenin -
- Humphrey Bogart -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Dutchman » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:32 pm

SayeTeT13 wrote:i wanna see u tryin to capture a flag on mayhem with 10 trip wires around him... if u want ctf and hq the trip must go...
imo it must go anyway... its lame like the panzer... if u want chaos on mayhem ppl should run free like the wind... :P
and dutchy not my fault claire changes d day when i come... i didnt ask for it... ur just jealous... :P

Wasn't pointing my finger at anyone, but as it happened twice in a row, it got me a tad annoyed, for before mentioned reason that my laptop doesn't load as fast as the average gamer, so understand it can be pretty frustrating when you finally have a map loaded (and one you actually quite fancy playing), but it's being switched to another map already...

I'm not a big fan of the tripwires either, but don't really mind either way as they're not all over the place, so you don't really run into a tripwire every 10seconds :)

I see what you're getting at, Keiser, but still I stand by my objection to rifle-only, for the simple fact that the better skilled players will then have a bigger advantage over those who aren't that well skilled. Hence why I'm against any weapon restriction, as imo any player should be able to choose the gun that suits him best. I like Mayhem as it is now, being able to choose 2 weapons. I've always been a machine-gun player, as I was never really any good at rifles and stood no chance against those who were. The way it is now, I can still use a machinegun as primary weapon, and use a sniper as back-up rifle. Mayhem imo isn't meant to be a pro-server, new-comers should be made feel welcome and given a fair chance to compete by being able to use the weapon they prefer.

Btw, panzer, bring it on, creates even more chaos imo :wink: Shouldn't be able to choose it from the weapon menu, but I've played on a few maps that have a panzer lying about somewhere, which can be quite fun :P These are normally only given with 3 rockets anyway, so you can't really use it the whole game, but it adds to the fun.
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Keiser Soze » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:01 pm

You have a point Dutchie about rifle-only... well I would like from time to time that we have rifle-only party :(
I'm not good with the rifle myself but would like to be able to have a chance to become better not just to get killed every sec. from sprayers :(
if i choose to play with rifle... getting better FYI :twisted:
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
- Vladimir Lenin -
- Humphrey Bogart -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby sargent sam » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:09 pm

i have no prefence to any maps,but i did enjoy playing hitman and guards on gamers :)
By FuNsgtSaM at 2007-07-23

sargent sam
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:40 am

Keiser Soze wrote:You have a point Dutchie about rifle-only... well I would like from time to time that we have rifle-only party :(
I'm not good with the rifle myself but would like to be able to have a chance to become better not just to get killed every sec. from sprayers :(
if i choose to play with rifle... getting better FYI :twisted:

Your server, your call :wink: I'm just saying what I think, but in the end it's up to you FuN lot to decide how you want your server to be

btw, imo the "sprayers" pressurize you more to get better with the rifle, so you'd prolly get better a lot faster with that pressure than if there weren't any :wink:

Jamie, could you kindly remove mp_harbor please, it's nothing but lag :( Don't know how many other players come across this problem, but last night I noticed I wasn't the only one. The map virtually becomes unplayable :(
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Keiser Soze » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:13 pm

sargent sam wrote:i have no prefence to any maps,but i did enjoy playing hitman and guards on gamers :)

We were playing that one again before few weeks :)
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
- Vladimir Lenin -
- Humphrey Bogart -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Voteing..... Fair, fair :)

Postby MooDSwinG » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:34 pm

Um voteing is the way if u ask me, ive seen extreme mod ona few servers about that runs the voteing system and even one that lets u have the option to replay the map just played also. I rekon this is teh fairest way around it, the whole i dont like this map thing, because u might only have to put up with what u dont like every so often. Saying that i found that on servers like that u get into playign a little to much because theres not likely to be a map u hate as often. so no smoke breaks an brews.. does save money however..lol

E.z

Rob
Check out my webpage on myspace......www.myspace.com/djdillema2006 If you like Your Drum & Bass then this is for you...Recently got sighned to darkland recordings so chek it out...:)

Check that link under this for my player stats...mad i didnt know they knew so much....

http://www.gametracker.com/server/82.13 ... MooDSwinG/
MooDSwinG

Return to SERVER: CoD2 - [FuN] 4 Mayhem [40pl]