Sunday server report

[FuN] 4 Mayhem CoD2 - Runs the extreme+ mod with map/gametype voting enabled

Moderators: Keiser Soze, Cpt.Miller, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators

Postby Dutchman » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:15 pm

jcket wrote:Hi..new member here....but have been playing on your server for sometime....

Me and LionHeart are having a problem getting on the server since its new server change...

We get this errror:

*error-image*

Hope that one of you may be able to help us out.

love the server....

Keep up the good work :D

never mind......Managed to get it sorted by deleting the said file from the main dir.

This may help those out having the same problem though...

What most likely happened is that it tried to download the file, but for some reason the download was stopped which resulted in a not-complete file being located in your 'main' folder. And then when you try to connect, it sees the file, thinking you've got the right one, but then as it goes on realizes the file isn't good and kicks you off for having a 'misformed' file. The solution you used is, as far as I know, the only working one. Just delete the file you're having problems with and let it download again and you should be all fine. :)
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby sargent sam » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:54 am

well done jamie for getting servers sorted the new maps are great FuN
By FuNsgtSaM at 2007-07-23

sargent sam
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Antilag

Postby nrich999 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:39 pm

Could you pls set 'g_antilag 1' in the servers cfgs as it was before. The setting at 0 is making the servers feel totally different than they were before and harder to hit things (have to lead) even for low ping players like me. High ping players won't be able to hit much at all on 0 and won't like it. Thx.

Rich.
nrich999
New User
New User

Postby Cpt.Miller » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:17 pm

As far as i can remember it has allways been off, apart from one time when cin asked me to change it and then asked to change it back as it made things worse.

Lets see what others say, and if the demand is there i will change it.

Cpt.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Re: Antilag

Postby zvonca » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:20 pm

nrich999 wrote:Could you pls set 'g_antilag 1' in the servers cfgs as it was before. The setting at 0 is making the servers feel totally different than they were before and harder to hit things (have to lead) even for low ping players like me. High ping players won't be able to hit much at all on 0 and won't like it. Thx.

Rich.

This make sense, i couldnt hit anything with sniper.
zvonca

Postby Cpt.Miller » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:24 pm

zvonca wrote:
nrich999 wrote:Could you pls set 'g_antilag 1' in the servers cfgs as it was before. The setting at 0 is making the servers feel totally different than they were before and harder to hit things (have to lead) even for low ping players like me. High ping players won't be able to hit much at all on 0 and won't like it. Thx.

Rich.

This make sense, i couldnt hit anything with sniper.

Is this on Gamers or Mayhem or both?

Let me know and i will change it to see if it make and differance.

Cpt.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby zvonca » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:45 pm

This was on Mayhem, on Gamers i didnt use Sniper.
zvonca

Antilag

Postby nrich999 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:54 am

It's on both servers. Both are at 0 when they were both at 1 before. Actually, it's the main reason I play your servers. You actually hit what you aim at with antilag on and it provides a fairer gaming environment for all. Thx Cpt.

Rich.
nrich999
New User
New User

Postby Lionheart » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:08 pm

Noticed this myself........wondering why people will not drop. Don't wanna accuse anyone of cheating now do i.. :-)
Lionheart

Postby Dutchman » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:40 pm

Servers have both been set to antilag 0 for quite a long while, as Jamie's said, he only changed it quite recently to see if it would make things more playable for some people, which it supposedly didn't, hence why he changed it
[FuN]Dutchman
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:46 pm

nrich999 wrote:It's on both servers. Both are at 0 when they were both at 1 before. Actually, it's the main reason I play your servers. You actually hit what you aim at with antilag on and it provides a fairer gaming environment for all. Thx Cpt.

Rich.

I will change it later on and see how it goes.

Cpt.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby sargent sam » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:15 pm

if i get this right antiag o means ppl dont hit what they shoot at ,anti lag 1 means they do hit what they shoot at and if thats the case can u please set it for me to antilag 2 so i will never miss :lol:

ohh and by the way can any one explain why my little mans head dont bob any more :roll:

sargent sam
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:26 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know the antilag setting changes the size of the so-called hitboxes. The other players you shoot at aren't one object, but made up of a lot of small cubicles. By increasing the size of these, chances of actually hitting someone are more likely. Disadvantage though is that if you're hiding just around the corner, someone may still hit you even without actually seeing you, if that makes sense.

--
Sam, as for your picture, do you mean the one in your signature? As that head's bobbing alright. Or do you mean your 'avatar' (picture under your username), as there's no picture currently there. Perhaps you had it up on a website somewhere and it has been taken off recently. Go to your profile to either upload the picture (if it's not too big), or put in the url of where the picture is hosted (ie http://www.imageworld.com/samsavatar.jpg). If you need a space (and cant upload it to the forums database), let me know and I'll sort you out :)
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby sargent sam » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:38 pm

thanks for quick reply dutchy
and yes im refering to my signiture and when i see it my little mans head dont bob ,but it may be just when i look them :)

sargent sam
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:48 am

If I remember correctly, quite a while ago I had problems with gif's (like the picture in your signature) not showing their animation. This was when I used Internet Explorer and some setting prevented gif's from animating. I may be wrong, but perhaps have a look tru your settings and see if you can find something like it

ps
I've had a look tru my Firefox settings and can't find any such option, so if you're using the same browser as me, you may possibly just ignore what I said above :wink:
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Mr. Mac » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:37 pm

@ Sam, its fine by my side m8, little man moves, i use firefox, try look at your browser settings like Dutchman describe it.

I intend to live forever - so far so good.

When the only tool you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Lionheart » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:05 pm

@ Sam can be either the following:

make sure latest Java is installed.....

clear your cookies and Temp files from your browser......

and just check that your Firewall is not blocking Gif animation.

Also make sure that Java is activated in your browser.......

may be many things..........one reason why i sometimes hate my PC.

LH
Lionheart

Postby zvonca » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:53 am

Cpt.Miller wrote:
nrich999 wrote:It's on both servers. Both are at 0 when they were both at 1 before. Actually, it's the main reason I play your servers. You actually hit what you aim at with antilag on and it provides a fairer gaming environment for all. Thx Cpt.

Rich.

I will change it later on and see how it goes.

Cpt.

Did you change something? I played yestrday on Mayhem and it looks good.
zvonca

Postby Cpt.Miller » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:41 pm

pmsl

I did set antilag to 1 but straigt away players were saying it was laggy so undid it and thats how i left it.

So to answer your question i have changed nothing :)

Kill you later Z ;)

Cpt.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Antilag

Postby nrich999 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:21 am

lol.....People use 'laggy' all the time as an excuse for getting killed. I don't get any lag whatsoever on your servers EVER, regardless of antilag being on or not. Realistically, when people moan about lag, 90%+ are lying and using it as 'the plausible excuse' for dying or not doing very well and the other 10% have got lag coz they have either a shltty graphics card, a shlte connection, a bad config or all three.
Antilag does NOT increase the size of the hitboxes at all, sorry, that's wrong. Antilag was introduced to CoD2 because the "command" actually levels the field for everyone in the server. By this, I don't mean it makes the low pingers stupider or ruins their shot, I mean it gives the server a LAN-like feel when shooting at someone.

To explain how it works, take a simple example: When two players meet in a server, one has 10 ping, the other has 100 ping. For the 10-pinger it takes 10 ms to see a person coming out of a door, for the 100 pinger it takes 100 ms to see someone coming out of a door. Now, allowing a 10 ms reaction time for both, the 10 pinger reacts in 20 ms after seeing the enemy, and the 100 pinger reacts in 110 ms. Now, antilag DOES NOT CHANGE THE POSITION THESE PLAYERS HAVE on the map, but calculates when a person shot at his enemy mathematically and subracts these ping differences to see who actually shot first and therefore shows the actual outcome of the fight.

And when people get killed behind a corner, it means the guy that shot at them had higher ping. In a LAN enviroment, they would never get to hide behind the corner because the guy that had high ping would have had 0 ping and would have shot them already.

Shots not getting registered are not because of Antilag, they are an effect of cl_maxpackets and com_maxfps, the number of packets you send to a server, or the frames per second a person has.

Thanks for reading this, I hope many will change their mind about Antilag.

Remember, every time you got killed by a 100-pinger in a server with antilag it means that if you guys played in a LAN, the guy would have killed you first. Antilag ONLY levels the field. Playing without antilag is unfair to anyone with a ping higher than yours.

Please change the antilag back to 1 on Mayhem as well as 4 Gamers. It's much fairer for all. Thx.

Rich. :)
nrich999
New User
New User

Postby spliffyed » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:29 am

All this pinging . . . I'm off for a nice quiet game of Pong
http://www.xnet.se/javaTest/jPong/jPong.html

btw - topic locked as it's started drifting off the origan thread - which was the servers going down
please post under maps and server suggestions now.

Whoever said 'nothing's impossible' obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree
spliffyed

Previous

Return to SERVER: CoD2 - [FuN] 4 Mayhem [40pl]