Sunday server report

[FuN] 4 Mayhem CoD2 - Runs the extreme+ mod with map/gametype voting enabled

Moderators: Keiser Soze, Cpt.Miller, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators

Postby Dutchman » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:25 pm

Even though the forums may not be for support, you can hardly blame all these customers to leave a message on the forums, as it is very frustrating if you don't get a reply at all.

I think it's just pure lunacy how 4u deal with their customers, the only thing they deserve right now is to lose all their customers and suddenly grow awareness of the fact that perhaps customer communication is something they need to work on... Idiots
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Mr. Mac » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:25 pm

I agree with u Dutch

Where do they expect customers to turn to in order to get some answers. If customers e-mails don`t get replied to only thing logical is to post topic on 4u-servers forum.

To Jamie

They did not say witch Monday, after all every week has one! :lol:
Last edited by Mr. Mac on Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I intend to live forever - so far so good.

When the only tool you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Cpt.Miller » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:49 pm

http://www.4u-servers.co.uk/forums/show ... 5#post5255

I will be sending more emails into them today, but i expect that they will just send an engineer in again ;)

Cpt.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby spliffyed » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:32 pm

Support Email: support-at-4u-networks.com
Support Daytime Phone: +44(0)845-0034107 (9am-5pm)

Anyone had any joy phoning them :)

Whoever said 'nothing's impossible' obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree
spliffyed

Postby Dutchman » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:38 pm

Nice one Jamie, will check back on that post to see if anyone replies and what the responses will be
[FuN]Dutchman
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:27 pm

Looks like its been deleted :(
So much for freedom of speech

Wish i copied the whole thing here now :(

@Spliffy, I will try that no. tomorrow, thought it was just the parent company who would have no knowalge of the servers.

Cpt.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:30 pm

Bastids :(

Just keep calling that number till they give you a satisfying answer.

Want me to construct a nice little bomb for you? colleges starting again on Monday :twisted:
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby spliffyed » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:55 am

Forget about deleted posts - the forums have been closed

Unfortunatly due to persistant support posts on this none support forum the forums are now closed untill further notice. Thank you to all those who used the forums correctly and posted some very good threads on gaming/hardware and software.

hmmm

Whoever said 'nothing's impossible' obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree
spliffyed

Postby Cpt.Miller » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:10 pm

Hi guys, after asking them to cancel the server and give me a full refund i got this email when i returned home.

Dear Jamie,

Thank you for your request.

Your box had a failed HDD which needs replacing.
Replacement parts are now onsite so an engineer will get this set up for you today.

I feel you'd like some kind of explanation for the lack of corespondance from us, so here goes...

Your server was inspected Monday and found to have a faulty HDD.
A new HDD has been ordered and has arrived onsite this morning.
Your server will now have it's new HDD fitted and OS installed.
This ticket is then passed on to the admin team to prepare your server for you by setting up passwords / users / games etc.
Once that is done, the admin will then reply to the ticket with details of how to connect.
If our engineers were to start replying to your ticket it would cause confusion because the ticket is always 'owned' by the last person to respond.
This would cause your ticket to remain with the engineers who do not have access to customer details for passwords / users / games etc.

Sorry for the extended delay.

Kind regards
Stuart Willet
The 4u-Servers team.

So i will have to reinstall the mods and redo the configs :( and hopfully we will be able to get a game tomorrow.

Cpt.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby sargent sam » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:38 pm

Oh some goods news a last :D
strange how it took over aweek to find hdd is broken, i thought 1st rule of pc stuff is to back up !
By FuNsgtSaM at 2007-07-23

sargent sam
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby spliffyed » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:50 pm

"I feel you'd like some kind of explanation for the lack of corespondance from us, so here goes... "

And what followed was a lame excuse . . . . ROFL - I wouldn't trust this lot with my digital photo's.

"Your server was inspected Monday and found to have a faulty HDD.
A new HDD has been ordered and has arrived onsite this morning."

w00t the engineer didn't have a spare HDD and had to 'order one' (I don't believe this bullsh*t)
/me reaches up above his desk and takes out a (spare) 250Gb HDD - will this one do you mate

all I can say is good luck . . . Cpt

spliffyed

Postby Keiser Soze » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:06 pm

sargent sam wrote:Oh some goods news a last :D
strange how it took over aweek to find hdd is broken, i thought 1st rule of pc stuff is to back up !

Is server backup included in price at all? :shock:
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
Cerberos -game server rcon tool
"One man with a gun can control 100 without one."
- Vladimir Lenin -
"Listen kid, life is like a dame; you spend your days trying to dance to her tune,
and she still ends up loving some other fella better."
- Humphrey Bogart -
"No man was ever wise by chance."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Server

Postby nrich999 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:00 pm

Speaking as an ex-admin of a server who has had very good service from my provider, the service you seem to have received is very poor indeed.
If I were you, I would backup what files you may or may not need once the server is back up again 2moro and then look for another host.
I can recommend one for you.... http://www.solidgameservers.com/game/cod2

These guys give great service and although they are in USA, they have gaming servers in the UK. Customer support is excellent and problems are responded to immediately. Prices are good and servers are stable and lag free as well as inclusive of free Teamspeak slots. Scott is the guy in charge....drop him a line and say I recommended him (nrich999 - Rich UK).

See you guys for some fraggin ' soon.

Rich.
nrich999
New User
New User

Postby Lionheart » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:55 am

This is such a shame that due too bad service the staff are being given nothing but a run around. The saddest part of all is i feel that you will be losing many players who have prolly now gone else where.
I look and check every day to see if all is well again, and then the rain cloud appears over my head as i cant shoot any of my buddys i have got to know on this site.
Alas i have been using other servers just to keep in trim, but they are so abusive and are full of whinning gits who hate losing. This never happened here, well not to me and i am missing it.
Fingers are still crossed and i hope the end is in sight where we can all meet up again.

One nore thing.....any thoughts on COD4???? will you run a server on that at all.....if yes count me in.

hope all works out well soon for the staff....hats off to your patience...i would have lost mine ages ago.
Lionheart

Postby Mr. Mac » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:23 pm

Yep its shame :(

Thnx to Cpt and others I believe that server will be back soon.
Don`t worry about the players as soon server gets back online they will be back :wink:
after all [FuN] is disease that spreads out quickly :D

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:42 pm

Cpt.Miller wrote:Hi guys, after asking them to cancel the server and give me a full refund i got this email when i returned home.

Dear Jamie,

Thank you for your request.

Your box had a failed HDD which needs replacing.
Replacement parts are now onsite so an engineer will get this set up for you today.

I feel you'd like some kind of explanation for the lack of corespondance from us, so here goes...

Your server was inspected Monday and found to have a faulty HDD.
A new HDD has been ordered and has arrived onsite this morning.
Your server will now have it's new HDD fitted and OS installed.
This ticket is then passed on to the admin team to prepare your server for you by setting up passwords / users / games etc.
Once that is done, the admin will then reply to the ticket with details of how to connect.
If our engineers were to start replying to your ticket it would cause confusion because the ticket is always 'owned' by the last person to respond.
This would cause your ticket to remain with the engineers who do not have access to customer details for passwords / users / games etc.

Sorry for the extended delay.

Kind regards
Stuart Willet
The 4u-Servers team.

So i will have to reinstall the mods and redo the configs :( and hopfully we will be able to get a game tomorrow.

Cpt.

Gotta agree with spliffy here, what a lame excuse to come up with after 2 weeks...
Also find it strange he's not responding to your request for a refund at all, it almost seems like he's reading over it everytime you ask for some kind of refund.

Gimme a shout on MSN when you need a hand with the configs m8, I should have some time today and during the weekend, and be glad to help you out. I've still got some old configs too, so just get ahold of me and see how we can sort this out asap.
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Mr. Mac » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:13 pm

Just found out what happened to A-team :lol:

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby spliffyed » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:45 pm

LOL Mac - aye our wheel fell off . . . but we've ordered a new one . . . should be back up and running on dangerous missions sometime next week.

spliffyed

Postby freakb » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:49 pm

ive just seen the new a team from 4u out side maplin
freakb

Postby Prof » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:08 pm

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but the only words I can say atm is "I told you so!".

4u are the sh*ttest people on the block mate, and I am not kidding. I had to get my solicitor on the case before they'd listen, and I was emailing them for months, not days.

You've heard my story, so I won't repeat it here.
[Mobsters]Prof
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
#[mobsters] Quakenet IRC
Prof
Site Partner
Site Partner

Postby sargent sam » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:33 pm

Prof wrote:I'm sorry to be so blunt, but the only words I can say atm is "I told you so!".

4u are the sh*ttest people on the block mate, and I am not kidding. I had to get my solicitor on the case before they'd listen, and I was emailing them for months, not days.

You've heard my story, so I won't repeat it here.

Yep you did Prof
but we should have know from the past they were slow to cancel last xmas ,so makes sense they going to be slow putting servers back up .Either way pity they wernt closer or i would have paid them a visit,no need for a solicitor :twisted:
By FuNsgtSaM at 2007-07-23

sargent sam
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby spliffyed » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Sam - couldn't you have got one of the 'bretheren' in the local vacinity to pop-in for a visit (with a helmet cam of course) - I'd love to see that one.

'er yeh we we were wondering when our server might be back online' - just mention Mendez and watch them running :)

spliffyed

Postby [AsC]Frags » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:59 pm

spliffyed wrote:Forget about deleted posts - the forums have been closed

Unfortunatly due to persistant support posts on this none support forum the forums are now closed untill further notice. Thank you to all those who used the forums correctly and posted some very good threads on gaming/hardware and software.

hmmm

THis company does make me laugh.... how they put forum up on the site then complain when people use them to get help is beyond me.... WHAT is the point of having them.... if it was an un-official site which was not hosted by them then fair enough...

If i was to complain and then close F4F for any post asking for help on our servers then we would never be online.

I would expect they should re-imburse for the time the servers have been offline or give some money of next month ect.... this would of harmed [FuN]'s popularity not having the servers and will need to work hard again to get some of the people back onto the servers again.
[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby Prof » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:48 pm

Fragsey, I fear you are only just scraping the surface ;)

Like I said before, this lot is a seriously incompetent lot. I've honestly not ever had the pleasure of working with people so... well - words cannot describe, but y'know what I'm getting at. ;)
[Mobsters]Prof
Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
#[mobsters] Quakenet IRC
Prof
Site Partner
Site Partner

New server

Postby nrich999 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:35 pm

Cpt. Miller.... Just f^ck 4u off and rent another server from somewhere else tomorrow. It could be up and running in 24 hrs if u let dutchie help u with the cfg's etc. This needs to be done....NOW. [FuN] has been harmed enough by this downtime. If money is an issue, I'll chip in, and I reckon a few others would too. We miss the server and want it back ASAP. :(

Rich.
nrich999
New User
New User

Re: New server

Postby Dutchman » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:44 pm

nrich999 wrote:If money is an issue, I'll chip in, and I reckon a few others would too. We miss the server and want it back ASAP. :(

It most certainly is an issue, but money is an issue regardless of the problems with 4u, the server needs paid for, and Jamie&Claire aren't millionaires, so any help they can get, will be more than welcome. :)
I'll help out where I can, but the summer holidays have come to an end for me, so I can't promise anything unfortunately, but will do my best and Jamie knows where to find me :)
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Money....

Postby nrich999 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:47 pm

Well, I don't have a Credit card so can't transfer any money by Paypal right away but if u can give me some other way of paying I will send a contribution to u. PM or email me ur postal address or bank details or something. I'll send a payment 2u on Monday. It won't be loads coz I aint rich myself but I'll try and send a little regularly.

Rich. :)
nrich999
New User
New User

Postby Cpt.Miller » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:51 pm

Server is back online now, ive done as much as i can with mayhem with out input from you guys as to map rotation and that. I am hoping to get Gamers back later on tonight.

Bastids didnt even install the games so i had to upload the files myself as i thought 4u would not have done it for some time if i left it to them.

Anyway enjoy now server is back:D

Cpt.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby spliffyed » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:55 am

Congratulations . . . you have obviously been able to do more than many other 4u users (eg. getting the servers back and running)

I'd question them closely now on support negligence/downtime and of course refunds . . . and also by their own admission that they are restructuring their 'business model' and how his might effect you. If it seems that these don't meet the need's of [FuN] i would let the servers 'lapse' their account payments and take on a new server host (hell who knows you might get an extra set of servers for a few months :)

spliffyed

Postby jcket » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am

Hi..new member here....but have been playing on your server for sometime....

Me and LionHeart are having a problem getting on the server since its new server change...

We get this errror:

Hope that one of you may be able to help us out.

love the server....

Keep up the good work :D

never mind......Managed to get it sorted by deleting the said file from the main dir.

This may help those out having the same problem though...
jcket
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Lionheart » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:37 am

^^^Ok sorted, great to be back. At last some Fun back in our lives. Well done staff for your work and patience.
Lionheart

Postby jcket » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:50 am

Is the server down again?

I get a ping of 9999 and cant get in.....Was fine last night, but this morning the problem occured.

cheers jcket
jcket
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Cpt.Miller » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:44 pm

Sorry, i only put it up last night to test what i have done so far.

Mayhem will be on soon today with a few extra maps :)

Sorry to keep you all waiting but working as fast as i can

Cpt.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby jcket » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:50 pm

Cpt.Miller wrote:Sorry, i only put it up last night to test what i have done so far.

Mayhem will be on soon today with a few extra maps :)

Sorry to keep you all waiting but working as fast as i can

Cpt.

Please dont stress on my account Cpt miller...

I was just asking, cos maybe the problem was on my side....

Thanks for the quick reply though. :D
jcket
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby spliffyed » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:39 pm

jcket - OMG wot a monster Avatar - it knocks all the posts off to the side - can you please change it :) even tho it looks cool :)

Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 100 pixels, the height no greater than 100 pixels, and the file size no more than 98 KB.

you can change it in your profile section at the top of the forum - thanks in advance

spliffyed

PreviousNext

Return to SERVER: CoD2 - [FuN] 4 Mayhem [40pl]