New mod on Mayhem

[FuN] 4 Mayhem CoD2 - Runs the extreme+ mod with map/gametype voting enabled

Moderators: Keiser Soze, Cpt.Miller, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators

New mod on Mayhem

Postby Keiser Soze » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:32 am

I just want to say I like new mod on Mayhem...

Flamethrower as secondary is great.. fussssssshhhhhh... Burn baby burn! :twisted:
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
Cerberos -game server rcon tool
"One man with a gun can control 100 without one."
- Vladimir Lenin -
"Listen kid, life is like a dame; you spend your days trying to dance to her tune,
and she still ends up loving some other fella better."
- Humphrey Bogart -
"No man was ever wise by chance."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Grof » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:36 am

I hate flamethrowers. Just when you think you made it alive from someone burning you, you die :x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Albert Einstein
Grof
New User
New User

Postby Keiser Soze » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:34 am

:lol:
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
- Vladimir Lenin -
"Listen kid, life is like a dame; you spend your days trying to dance to her tune,
- Humphrey Bogart -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Mr. Mac » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:28 pm

pick up medkits from ppl u kill, that helps :wink:

I intend to live forever - so far so good.

When the only tool you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Grof » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:36 pm

I know, but sometimes i die just when i try to pick up medkit, and that's even more frustrating. :evil: It's better to die instantly when somebody put the bullet in your head or be blown away by tripwire :D
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Albert Einstein
Grof
New User
New User

Postby sargent sam » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:17 pm

i like to hear them scream like girls lol
By FuNsgtSaM at 2007-07-23

sargent sam
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Keiser Soze » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:58 am

There is nothing better then "the smell of napalm in the morning!" :lol:

And Wagner playing in behind rofl
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
- Vladimir Lenin -
- Humphrey Bogart -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:25 am

Just to let you know, nades are now off on Icestation, this was ment to be in the mod from the begining but the noob server person didn't know the command (Dutchy) ;) As with most settings on the server, if enougth players request it, it could be put back.

With CoD5 due out soon (11-11-08 ) I'm planning to have it up by then evening on that date but was thinking of taking Gamers off and replacing it with CoD5 Gamers server as players of CoD2 are in short supply. To make up for having no S&D server I think we should add S&D to Mayhem voting panel plus a few other game types.

Let me know what you think.

Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Keiser Soze » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:10 pm

I think it's fine Jamie ;) ty for the effort m8!
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
- Vladimir Lenin -
- Humphrey Bogart -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Mr. Mac » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:17 pm

that sounds good Jamie for S&D

as for cod5 who knows when ill get orig. copy but imo server should be uncracked from the start.

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Cpt.Miller » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:58 pm

Mr. Mac wrote:but imo server should be uncracked from the start.

Server should be UNcracked?, not sure this is the way to go, most people will download first and try a server if not FuN then somone else's and wont come back after they have got the propper game. This is FuN's chance to get people on the servers and get FuN going forward again, true will will get some players buying the game right away and will have a lot of uncracked servers to choose from, but there wont be many cracked ones.

I for 1 wont be buying it, made that mistake with cod4.

As for cracking it, its up to you guys let me know what you all want and ill do my best.

Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:29 pm

Cracked or uncracked would imo depend on whether it'd show up on the ingame server list. If that doesn't matter, I'm with Jamie on this and it would be a good start to begin with cracked to create a large enough core of regular gamers. Keep an eye on PB tho, you never know with what kind of how-to-annoy-players-even-more things they come up with now...

While you're adding S&D to Mayhem, add more gametypes (HQ, CTF, why not all of them). Since you get to vote for a map and gametype of choice, you might as well give players a chance to vote for any gametype they like. Don't have to worry about an impopular gametype, as people won't vote for it if they don't want to play it :wink:
Could you take another look at the voting options tho, as the other day the server was going back n forth between gob_rats and gob_icestation and it was getting rather boring. Not too sure, but I think there must be a setting that if enabled takes the current map and previous map(s) off the voting list, so you get a nice variety of maps played.
Also, have you had a chance yet to look into adding the custom maps I suggested yet? Think they would be a nice addition to the current map list.

No nades on icestation has made it a lot more playable imo. It was utter chaos with nades, especially as ranks went up and more nades came into play, so that nearing the second half of playing time you'd get killed half the time getting straight out of spawn by a freshly trown grenade.
Players don't really seem to miss them, only seen one so far asking what happened to the nades. Now it's just pure shotgun battles, and if only I could get better at bashing people... :roll:

As for the flamethrowers... Has two sides for me. First and foremost, I've always been anti weapon restrictions (and especially on a server called Mayhem :wink:) and do find the flamethrower a welcome addition and feel that it surely creates more fun for the less-skilled players because you can grill those rifle/sniper freaks... BUT (there's always a but)... I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this, with my uber laptop-powered gfx card, but I've noticed that the flamer creates huge amounts of lag. Whilst this makes some sense if it's being aimed at me, since the heat doesn't really make you move more smoothly, it also happens when someone else is being flamed.
If this does happen to more players, perhaps the amount of flamers should be restricted to only a few, even though this goes against my opinion on weapon restrictions (main disadvantage with restrictions is that those who don't load as quickly, will not have the possibility of choosing the weapon of their choice as it's been taken by someone else already), but if that decreases the before mentioned problem, then imo it only adds to the playability for every player and thus the fun that everyone has.

Last but not least (yes, this novel is nearing it's end), I've got to say I'm mighty proud of what Jamie's done and the way Mayhem seems to be going. Every day it has players on, and only a few weeks ago 10+ players was unthinkable, now it goes up to 16-20 some nights. This may not come near player amounts during FuN's glory days, but it's only the beginning. CoD2 of course hasn't got such a large player base anymore, but I keep seeing the same names drop into the server and the amount of regulars is growing. I believe that once the server goes past the 20players threshold regularly, it will attract even more players, including those that check the serverlist and won't join a server unless it's got at least 20players on.
Also, think of all the current Mayhem regulars that may start playing CoD:WaW and how they will of course join FuN's server because of guaranteed fun. To be honest, I now see no real reason why FuN can't start reliving it's glory days in the very near future. Well done guys, bloody well done... I shall say then!
Last edited by Dutchman on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Keiser Soze » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:13 pm

:o he is worst them me... my "bibles" are shorter :lol:

but nicely put m8 ;)
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
- Vladimir Lenin -
- Humphrey Bogart -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Mr. Mac » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:11 pm

@ Jamie

yep u have a point there m8, never looked it that way.

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby sargent sam » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:47 pm

congrats Jamie mayhem is doing great keep up the good work and any others fiddling in the background :)
as for restricting flamers it may not be a bad thing only cos i tend to join server very quick as got fast PC and good connection :P
By FuNsgtSaM at 2007-07-23

sargent sam
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Return to SERVER: CoD2 - [FuN] 4 Mayhem [40pl]