Poll ended at Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:01 pm

Yes
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 7

Punk Buster on Mayhem

Postby Cpt.Miller » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:01 pm

I turned off PB about a week ago as too many players were getting kicked by stupid PB kicks, scince then the anount of players that were comming and STAYING was increasing gradualy over the week, yesterday PB was put back on and after having it on for this small amount of time Mayhem is suffering. Mayhem this time last week had upwards of 20+ players, I know this as i monitor player numbers all the time on my LCD screen on my keyboard :D right now tho there is a massive 4 players on.

IMHO PB needs to be off untill this kicking problem is resolved, this is why im calling this votes as no [FuN] members have.
Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Mr. Mac » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:54 pm

i voted yes,

Cpt i have one question, is it possible to put on server default /packetdebug 1

i noticed that i don't get kicked when i write it in console (i have read somewhere that it solves "loosing key packets" pb kick problems)

also i didn't find any increase of my ping while using it.

if its not possible maybe turning it off its right decision, all tho we need then more members monitoring server to reduce possibility of cheaters.

I intend to live forever - so far so good.

When the only tool you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Cpt.Miller » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:06 pm

I have tryed that, and it just makes the server go mental, think its a client side dvar not ment to be used on the server.

I looked at ways of forcing players who join to automaticly have this setting (like i can force /rate 25000) but was unable to get that to work.

I have a copy of the server on my pc so can test various things to see if it fixes this problem but having no luck as yet.

Just to show the extent of the kicking problem, i looked at server logs and in the first 24 hrs pb was back on there were 30+ stupid PB kicks and that was with the reduced amount of players that were on, if it were the same amount of players that were normaly on, i think the figure would have doubled.

I'm not saying turn PB off forever just untill it will stop these stupid kicks.
Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Cpt.Miller » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:07 pm

Just noticed 3 votes for and only 2 replys, who's the mystirous voter?
Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Mrs.J.H.Miller » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:39 pm

Im voteing for yes.

like jamie has said,not forever only till this problem is sorted.

I just hate it when im getting a good score and enjoying the map then all off a sudden kicked :(
Mrs.J.H.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:31 pm

I'm the mystery voter :D

Didn't think I'd need a reason to enlighten as I'm with you lot on this
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:56 pm

Its just nice to see whos opinoin it was, you vote counts higher then lets say lebalge :)
Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:06 pm

Don't lie, the moment you saw who it was from you thought "oh him.. couldn't care less what that idiot thinks" :P

And given that his vote has no value whatsoever around here, saying my vote counts higher doesn't really tell me how much you care about my opinion :wink:

Mac has a valid point btw tho. If you're gonna have PB off, you basically need at least one admin on all the time (like the old days!:wink:) to make sure it doesn't get out of hand. Now I realize that's going to be difficult with the low number of (active) members, perhaps it's time to milk the cow and see if any of these new regulars have FuN blood flowing tru their veins. :wink:
Ah well, I'm trying to meddle again in areas I shouldn't meddle in, force of habit I'm afraid
[FuN]Dutchman
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Mrs.J.H.Miller » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:30 pm

Agree with what you and mac say about monitoring the servers, most of the time there is either a funner on the server or one watching via Keisers do thing,plus Carter (lucy) would ring me if there a problem :D

BTW Dutchy,what the hell are you doing reading forums when you should have your head stuck into a book or playing with test tubes ;)
Mrs.J.H.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:36 pm

FYI, obsessed woman, I had my exam this afternoon... :P
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Mrs.J.H.Miller » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:39 pm

Ahh i'll let you off then :D Hope it went ok for you m8 :)
Mrs.J.H.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:40 pm

*phew*

Now get yer arse on msn :P
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby sargent sam » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:24 pm

i would like it turned off only if it stopped losing packets
i have no idea wot it means but i always update Pb manually but still get it
but with it turned off Cerberus does not kick so catch 22
By FuNsgtSaM at 2007-07-23

sargent sam
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Cpt.Miller » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:36 am

Thats the thing sam, atm no one knows why it happens or how to resolve it like i said above.

Take a look at this pic

As you can see, since PB was turned off there has been a steady increase of players(because players arnt getting kicked and thus staying on longer and attracting more players), you can also see the moment that PB was turned back on this starts to reverse and player numbers are dropping, due to players being kick and then not wanting to come back on and get a decent score hen get get kicked again.

As for Cerberus not working, this is not true, it works apart from kicks/bans and even then that could be fixed with a bit of re working the code, after all the rcon tool that is with the mayhem mod works with or with out PB being on.

At the end of the day you got to ask weather you would rather play on an empty server with Cerberus running or a server with players on without it.
Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:33 pm

Does CoD2 then actually have an ingame ban system? I know it allows you to kick people, but wouldn't know about banning.

As I told Claire over msn last night, back in the day we started using PB to handle the kicks/bans because the ingame feature wasn't sufficient (mind you, we're talking about Return to Castle Wolfenstein), and have used PB ever since. Am not sure why the previous admin-bot makers chose to use PB to handle kicks/bans, perhaps because it was easier but also perhaps because the game couldn't do that itself.
IF the game itself is capable of banning people, yes, then hopefully Keiser can add a feature to his bot so you can still let it kick/ban players without having PB turned on.
Fortunately I don't very often get kicked for losing key packets, so it hasn't annoyed me as much as others, but perhaps we all need to spam evenbalance support with this problem and make them aware that this is becoming a widespread problem and that it's punishing those players who aren't cheating, which in the end of course isn't what PunkBuster was made for.
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Mr. Mac » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:01 pm

u can kick ppl off without PB, & with extreme mod on (mayhem) u can punish them for not going by the rules trough cerberos or trough console.

Well tbh with cerberos its little easier because word filter cos it automatic punish ppl.

EDIT:

5 yes 0 no votes
only 5 ppl bothered to put replay so i guess u can go & change ti cpt

if someone don't like it, maybe "They" should check forums more often ;)
Last edited by Mr. Mac on Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:05 pm

I know it's possible to kick m8, I was wondering if it is able to ban though
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Mr. Mac » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:12 pm

ah sry

yep u can

some rcon commands

only problem imo is when u ban someone it writes their GUID in ban.txt

witch on mayhem is not possible because of cracked server (there is no GUID)

Cpt i might be wrong on this one so correct me if i am.

sargent sam wrote:i would like it turned off only if it stopped losing packets
i have no idea wot it means but i always update Pb manually but still get it
but with it turned off Cerberus does not kick so catch 22

sam u can still kick ppl but u neet to write it down manually, i u had some problems ill meet u on vent so we go trough it

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Cpt.Miller » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:35 pm

Mr. Mac wrote:only problem imo is when u ban someone it writes their GUID in ban.txt
witch on mayhem is not possible because of cracked server (there is no GUID)
Cpt i might be wrong on this one so correct me if i am.

No correction from me :)

But PB also bans by GUID and stores in pbbans.dat

Both can ban by ip.

Im not sure but when Cerberos kicks/bans, sombody, does it just issue a rcon command to the server, if it does then i would have thought it would not take to much work to change from pb_sv_kick to sv_kick and the same for bans. How does Cerberos deal with bans as there is no valid guid's is it by name, IP or some other method??

Is that right Keiser, could Cerberos be rewritten to allow to kick/ban without PB on or even add a way Cerberos could auto detect if pb is on or off and use the right set of commands for either option.
Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Mr. Mac » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:53 pm

Cpt.Miller wrote:
Both can ban by ip.

I dont think thats right solution because my IP changes every day

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:39 pm

Don't worry m8, we're working 24/7 on this problem and should have you permanently banned by next week :wink:
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:29 pm

Mr. Mac wrote:
Cpt.Miller wrote:
Both can ban by ip.

I dont think thats right solution because my IP changes every day

Thats why im asking Keiser how Cerberos bans, as its not by guid so its by either name or ip and like you said both can be changed with out to much effort.

Code: Select all
[11.02.2008 14:04:15] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^1B^5a^8t^3m^2a^7n (slot #16) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.02.2008 15:10:14] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: g^1.^9^8^7V^1'-W^9es^1T!!! (slot #17) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.02.2008 16:05:05] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: bubbi (slot #19) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.02.2008 16:24:20] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^4[^7FuN^4]^7Ja^4ke (slot #9) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.02.2008 17:18:44] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^^0CBR ^1900 ^3RR (slot #23) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.02.2008 17:22:47] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^9O^7belix (slot #7) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.02.2008 17:57:00] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9003: ^0No^6^4Na^0me^3_^2^0CRO_U (slot #3) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.02.2008 18:19:00] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: saethor (slot #5) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.02.2008 18:38:44] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^0No^6^4Na^0me^3_^2^0CRO_U (slot #12) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.02.2008 18:45:49] VIOLATION (COMFAIL) #101: ^4[^7FuN^4]^7sgt^4S^7a^4M (slot #6) General PB Client Authentication Failure - Reinstall PB if problem persists [(VALID) [11.02.2008 18:49:01] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^1FELIPE MASSA IS KING (slot #9) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.02.2008 19:48:31] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^1Sigur^5Andri (slot #13) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.02.2008 19:50:45] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^4[^7FuN^4]^7Mrs^7.^4Miller (slot #3) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.02.2008 21:40:37] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: Ralf Steiner (slot #5) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.02.2008 21:43:43] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^1*A*^2G^1*^2E^1*^2N^1*T* (slot #8) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.02.2008 21:45:17] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^2Mefur ((( 13 ))) (slot #6) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.02.2008 21:51:58] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^9L^0amb^9i (slot #7) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.02.2008 21:54:20] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: loulou (slot #15) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.02.2008 22:14:44] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: webby (slot #11) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.02.2008 23:37:30] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^0No^6^4Na^0me^3_^2^0CRO_U (slot #1) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.03.2008 11:41:47] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: fjskjfkas (slot #4) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.03.2008 15:49:28] VIOLATION (COMFAIL) #133: ^6AleX (slot #2) No Packet Flow [(VALID)
[11.03.2008 15:51:15] VIOLATION (COMFAIL) #133: ^6AleX (slot #2) No Packet Flow [(VALID)
[11.03.2008 15:53:21] VIOLATION (COMFAIL) #133: ^6AleX (slot #5) No Packet Flow [(VALID)
[11.03.2008 16:05:03] VIOLATION (COMFAIL) #133: ^6AleX (slot #8) No Packet Flow [(VALID)
[11.03.2008 17:17:05] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^6AleX (slot #9) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.03.2008 18:04:47] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^1Sigur^5Andri (slot #9) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.03.2008 18:55:47] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: Kamil (slot #11) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.03.2008 19:51:08] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ruso23 (slot #12) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.03.2008 20:08:29] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^1B^2e^1S^2z^1T^2a (slot #4) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.03.2008 20:38:17] VIOLATION (UPDATE TIMEOUT) #118: ASD do i change my name1 (slot #1) Time Out trying to Update PB Client [(VALID)
[11.03.2008 21:05:54] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: B3N (slot #5) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.03.2008 21:30:33] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: Sheshen (slot #7) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.03.2008 21:49:16] VIOLATION (COMFAIL) #133: loulou (slot #6) No Packet Flow [(VALID)
[11.03.2008 23:39:37] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^0MAKUKULO (slot #9) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 17:47:40] VIOLATION (COMFAIL) #133: haffi (slot #5) PB INIT FAILURE (If this persists, visit evenbalance.com and click support to manually update PunkBuster) [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 17:59:47] VIOLATION (BADNAME) #111: _uhajko (slot #3) Bad Name (Extended ASCII Characters) [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 18:04:44] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: Crusher (slot #21) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 18:07:19] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: |^5IceAce^8^7|^7^5Benzi^7* (slot #15) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 18:17:40] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: WSPMosca (slot #1) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 18:23:22] VIOLATION (COMFAIL) #133: haffi (slot #16) PB INIT FAILURE (If this persists, visit evenbalance.com and click support to manually update PunkBuster) [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 18:27:49] VIOLATION (COMFAIL) #133: haffi (slot #18) No Packet Flow [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 18:38:07] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: Skif5000 (slot #10) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 18:41:02] VIOLATION (COMFAIL) #133: haffi (slot #5) PB INIT FAILURE (If this persists, visit evenbalance.com and click support to manually update PunkBuster) [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 18:41:13] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: Franxizko (slot #15) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 19:08:54] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: Joseph007 (slot #15) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 19:43:59] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: Kamil (slot #6) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 19:44:58] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: Midar (slot #5) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 20:11:24] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: SuzanneSWE (slot #3) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 20:12:03] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^1Arni ^2^6^7^7^9K^1r^9K (slot #7) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 20:31:14] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^1Arni ^2^6^7^7^9K^1r^9K (slot #7) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 20:46:10] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^1Arni ^2^6^7^7^9K^1r^9K (slot #14) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 21:08:04] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^6Carter (slot #6) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 21:10:58] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^4[^7FuN^4]^7sgt^4S^7a^4M (slot #8) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 21:11:42] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^4N^7oo^4N .:^1K^9R^1K:. (slot #13) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 22:38:50] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: 1St Call (slot #1) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 22:55:30] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: Simba (slot #2) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.04.2008 22:58:06] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: orlek (slot #8) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.05.2008 07:57:34] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^1^1^1^1^R^^44A^^55Y^^00D^^22E^ (slot #1) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.05.2008 13:51:04] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^2SeV^7ie^3_69 (slot #5) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.05.2008 14:16:11] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^1Arni ^2^6^7^7^9K^1r^9K (slot #10) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.05.2008 17:15:36] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^8Kudos (slot #11) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.05.2008 17:56:44] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9003: ^1ON^2/^3OFF ^4maximus (slot #10) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.05.2008 18:20:37] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: bubbi (slot #4) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.05.2008 18:59:58] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: |^5IceAce^7|^5Benzi^7* (slot #9) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.05.2008 19:11:11] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ruso23 (slot #4) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.05.2008 19:18:26] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: bubbi (slot #3) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.05.2008 19:51:18] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ss^2[kio777]^1c^7r^4o (slot #11) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.05.2008 21:23:09] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: Ellz (slot #10) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.05.2008 22:21:23] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^2SeV^7ie^3_69 (slot #7) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.06.2008 12:30:57] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^4N^7oo^4N .:^1K^9R^1K:. (slot #2) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.06.2008 12:45:04] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^4[^1MC^4]Wh^7ee^4zy (slot #3) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.06.2008 12:45:29] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^4[^1MC^4]^1Hell^5Boy (slot #5) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.06.2008 14:17:51] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^2b^3s (slot #2) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.06.2008 15:19:25] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^5SigurAndri (slot #1) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.06.2008 15:54:24] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: Dave (slot #12) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.06.2008 17:03:41] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: senior (slot #3) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.06.2008 17:21:29] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: *-C.M-* MarioOtinjac (slot #6) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.06.2008 18:37:37] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: {mercenarios}ryan (slot #3) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.06.2008 18:50:57] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: Dave (slot #2) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.06.2008 19:06:34] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: clicko  (slot #12) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.06.2008 19:20:07] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^1Cpt^7.^1Miller (slot #6) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.06.2008 20:22:55] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: ^1Arni ^2^6^7^7^9K^1r^9K (slot #12) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.06.2008 20:57:46] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: |^5IceAce^7|^5Sheep^7* (slot #2) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.06.2008 21:34:08] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: NKR (slot #14) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)
[11.06.2008 21:35:06] VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9005: Hiro (slot #13) Losing Key Packets [(VALID)

thats the kicks in the last 2 days, and im sure thoses who play on Mayhem notice the differance in the amount of players plaging scince PB was turned on has gone down, so i wont bother posting the updated graph, but youv'e gussed it, it's still going down. We need to get this sorted now before we end up with an empty server again.
Last edited by Cpt.Miller on Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Keiser Soze » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:12 pm

the problem is that C can do either pb or rcon but punishments are configured to work with PB not rcon.. will try to solve this thing during the weekend and set you can use rcon also if pb is off or something.. that would solve us a problem without going through reconfiguring each word.
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
Cerberos -game server rcon tool
"One man with a gun can control 100 without one."
- Vladimir Lenin -
"Listen kid, life is like a dame; you spend your days trying to dance to her tune,
and she still ends up loving some other fella better."
- Humphrey Bogart -
"No man was ever wise by chance."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby sargent sam » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:01 pm

well i haven't been kicked since 4/11/08 and all i have done so far is turn off allow downloads :)
By FuNsgtSaM at 2007-07-23

sargent sam
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Cpt.Miller » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:54 pm

sargent sam wrote:well i haven't been kicked since 4/11/08 and all i have done so far is turn off allow downloads :)

PB has been off for a few days sam thats why no one has been kicked and so far got a new record of 32 :shock: players on mayhem, could of got more but server had a fit and crashed :cry:

Im still working on a way to stop these maps comming up when there are 6+ players on.

Enjoy the kick free time for now :D
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:16 pm

Why is it crashing tho? That happened before when it got a huge load of players on, if I remember correctly

My advice for the small maps tho is... remove em completely :wink:

Gotta encourage players to vote more for HQ/CTF tho, and perhaps S&D. We had two HQ games in a row a few nights ago and it was a lot of fun once the majority understood the idea behind HQ. My main liking of HQ over S&D has always been that the less-skilled gamers don't have a 2-3min wait everytime they're killed but need only wait 10secs or till their HQ is destroyed to respawn. It calls for more tactics, while still remaining the fast-paced action during TDM games.
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:07 pm

The map problem has been bugging me and today i hope that it is fixed. The mayhem mod stopped the larger maps from playing but not the small ones, i have been on extreme forums and today one of the programers gave me the code so that now i can turn off the the smaller maps when more players are on. I wanted to keeps the smaller maps on as they were very popular but also dint want to have it like yesterday where 32 players on Glassarena caused the server to crash.

I got to agree with you m8, i used to be a S&d'er but after playing a few HQ/CTF im changing my mind. These game types have all the tactics of s&d but without the waiting around for 1 team to win. I will to day be adding more HQ/CTF gametypes to ALL maps that suport them. Also Gamers will be converted over to CoD5 Gamers (Cracked) when i can finaly get the server to run(problem with server not starting, others are having same problem and atm i can find no fix for it)

The player based maps should be working now, when server has 10 or more players Broadwalk,Glasserena,Tower,Iced will not now show up in the voting, i think there are others but cant recall what.

Any other maps that you want added to the small map list let me know.
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:44 pm

gob_eulogy is one that springs to mind. Am pretty sure there is at least one more, but cannot recall any other map names atm

So when are FuN going to induct you into their Hall of Fame m8? :wink:
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:06 pm

LoL yeh right, i cant even get this bloody cod5 server running, and already sams got his tent up ;)

I got banging headache trying to get it going, crack for server is out as well Bloody crap game wont run on xp/windows server.

I give up for tonight :( its beaten me :oops:
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Dutchman » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:27 pm

Go n enjoy a game on Mayhem m8. All work and no play makes one a dull boy :wink:

Seriously tho, don't forget to enjoy the fun you've created with all the work. If you feel enough is enough, don't let yourself get influenced by what others want. If they want something done, they might as well try to get it done themselves. Many hands make light work
[FuN]Dutchman
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Mr. Mac » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:40 pm

Cpt.Miller wrote:LoL yeh right, i cant even get this bloody cod5 server running, and already sams got his tent up ;)

I got banging headache trying to get it going, crack for server is out as well Bloody crap game wont run on xp/windows server.

I give up for tonight :( its beaten me :oops:

maybe its time 4 new topic ;)

i played single & do 4 some reason took me ages to load map (cod4 works fine) & few times i had to use ctrl+alt+del & then just click back on game to get it to work

& i dont see any reason 4 the game to connect online while playing single player.

Image Image
Mr. Mac
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Keiser Soze » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:08 pm

Heard ppl on clients have problems with PB lately from last update :(

Hope that thing didn't fried my MB at the end :(
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
- Vladimir Lenin -
"Listen kid, life is like a dame; you spend your days trying to dance to her tune,
- Humphrey Bogart -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby Cpt.Miller » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:36 pm

The single player game runs fine, its the server that dont run, you try it to see if will run on your systems, it wont run on my pc or server was oping to have it up and running by now so we all can see what CoD5 multiplayer is like, anys welcome to try and get it running (i wish you luck)
Miller
Cpt.Miller
[FuN] Member
[FuN] Member

Postby Keiser Soze » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:59 pm

Cpt.Miller wrote:The single player game runs fine, its the server that dont run, you try it to see if will run on your systems, it wont run on my pc or server was oping to have it up and running by now so we all can see what CoD5 multiplayer is like, anys welcome to try and get it running (i wish you luck)

Can I help you with it? have you found possible cause of the problems?
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
- Vladimir Lenin -
- Humphrey Bogart -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Return to SERVER: CoD2 - [FuN] 4 Mayhem [40pl]