ET Problems

Games such as RTCW, Call of Duty, Quake ect.

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators, Friends of [FuN]

ET Problems

Postby jaysi » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:39 am

I'm trying to install ET on my girfriends computer. Her Computer is a P4 2.4 Ghz 256 ram 64 mb Intel Extreme graphics video 80 GB HD

When you run ET for first time you get the create a profile screen. At which point her mouse becomes jerky and slow and eventually just locks up and we're foced to reboot the machine. Have yet to get past that initial screen.
Her video card drivers are up-to-date, Only thing I can see being a problem is her ram, 256 may not be enough?? ANy ideas?
jaysi

Postby [AsC]Frags » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:53 am

I would say Intel Extreme Graphics are the problem, Onboard video cards are never very good for gaming.... plus IEG steals up to 64mb of system ram to run so the system would only run at 192mb ram

Boosting ram *may* help but i would say a graphics card more likely to solve.
[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby Freebie » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:29 am

I'm going to set 2 new laptops up with wolf later, both of which have onboard IEG cards that share system memory, and both have 256Mb. I'll set up ET too, and i'll let you know if the video causes me more problems than i expect.

I'll be doing this tonight sometime.
Freebie

Postby jaysi » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:50 pm

Thanks for the comments guys. Let me know how your ET works out when you try it Freebie. Thanks again!
jaysi

Postby Wolfeh » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:00 am

I tried playing ET with an onboard Graphics a year back, sucked big time.
Wolfeh
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Freebie » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:22 pm

I've just finished setting up the first laptop. The laptop is an Intel Celeron M 1.5 (400fsb) - so the perfomance should be much less than your system. I've just set up a local server to play without bringing it up to date enough to connect online, it looks quite good and plays quite smoothly. Of course the touchpad is another story. I didn't change any settings from default.

To make sure the video card was ok, i also installed CoD, and although that wasn't quite as happy (juttery with default settings), it was still acceptable with a few adjustments.

The video card is a 82852/82855 GM/GME, and it is set to 64Mb. The driver version being used is 6.14.10.3762. It may be that this version is a mobile driver, not a normal one though - i haven't changed it.

Just need to find my wolf disks now....

Hope this helps.
Freebie

Return to First Person Shooter