FuN 4 IRC

For [FuN] and the forum community!

Moderators: Keiser Soze, [AsC]Frags, [FuN] Users, Senior Moderators

FuN 4 IRC

Postby phdtje » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:31 pm

People of FuN,

I want to remind you guys there is an IRC channel for FuNners and whoever wants to join and a private IRC channel for members.
At this very moment the channel isnt really used by FuNners at all, mostly idle, it used to be active with FuNners tho. I only see Keisersoze or Sam once in a while.
In there you have the chance to chat with each other bout gaming and other stuff, if more of you ppl are there it's easier to help each other out with questions and ther would be more to chat. :)

Second thing I dont want to own a channel that is empty and idle all the time, so if it remains like this im gonna change that or I'll leave and prolly the clan too. If im gonna change it, it's going to be changed my way, chance is COD could end up totally irrelevant. Cos the name FuN shares more then just gaming imo.

The choice is free for everyone ofc, I would see it like a missed chance, cos you can meet nice ppl you have never known before. Besides that and very important for those who stay away for this, ppl who dont act and behave in the the spirit of FuN can leave immediately or after serveral warnings will be banned. Plz dont let those ppl make you to stay away from a good social gathering.

Think bout it, it's your channel, FuNners can make something out of it or not, you have the last word in this.

I'm willing to help newbies to get authed on quakenet ( if i still remember :P ) and get into IRC basics.
I'll look at it for a while, hope you ppl do something with it.

When I leave I want this channel in the hands of real FuNners. My preference is to the actual leading ppl of FuN atm, the Millers. ( Keiser said he was too scared :p )

FuN @ IRC quakenet: #[fun]

Hopefully see you there :)
It's FuN or it's FuN...if it's not the same...so what's the real FuN?
phdtje

Postby jcket » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:00 pm

I have to say that i used to be adicted to irc....a long time ago...

And i have popped into our irc channel a few times.....But nobody every says a thing all though there are plenty of people in there.....TBH, i thought maybe i was in the wrong channel.

I dont know if it was cos nobody knows me, or just not at the keyboard....who knows....but maybe ill pop in again sometime soon!

:D
jcket
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Dutchman » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:23 pm

Good luck m8y, I know from past experience this can be very frustrating and hope for you your efforts will pay off.
[FuN]Dutchman
-------------------------------------------------------
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby phdtje » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:38 am

lo dutchy mate, hows you, hope you allright in your normal life :)

In the end it's up to them, the FuNners.
I've always said and still am saying this, it are the ppl who create the fun and atmosphere.
Cant do it on my own. The ppl who come there for good fun will always have my support, those
who ruin fun for others are not welcome! Remember this, Im taken other nice chans as example. My goal is to have a nice clan channnel where everyone can have a laugh and fun

When I look at other IRC clan chans, they show me its not that difficult to create a good fun atmosphere, some others show me the opposite also.
Again, it are the ppl who can make something out of it, ruin it or leave it be.
My thought, nice ppl in there, then fun is created,
but i would also like to remind you that it can be usefull to not slow chat in forum but chat in channel, which can be a lot faster.

Dont be afraid to say hello, cheer, slap and telling them who you are ( most new funners are not familiar with most ppl in IRC atm )

And last but not least,
/me slaps everyone @ forums :P <--- you re also missing this.
It's FuN or it's FuN...if it's not the same...so what's the real FuN?
phdtje

Postby Dutchman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:34 pm

Aye, I hear you, it basically sums up how I've felt about the activity (or lack of...) on IRC. Of course not got a clue what it's like now, having not been there for quite a long while.

All is well here, but to say my life is normal... :P

For all the funners, as far as I know recruitment criteria are still the same and those include activity on the IRC channel, so phd makes a very valid post here!
[FuN]Dutchman
DJ Frags Live on MPFreeUK Radio - "What do you get when you breed an orange and a dutchman? Our very own [FuN]Dutchman"
"We do not buy superstars. We make them." - Arsène Wenger, Arsenal FC Manager
"Oh, great, German food. We whipped the Jerries twice this century and they still have the last laugh" - Daphne Moon - Frasier
Dutchman
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby spliffyed » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:52 pm

^^ I agree

Well chat these days goes like this . . .

18:53:01 [Spliffyed] Joins
18:54:01 [PhD] greets Spliffyed
18:54:30 [Spliffyed] greets PhD

then we chat in another channel where we're not just talking between ourselves . . .

It used to be virtually a requirement of joining the FuN 'Community' that you participated in IRC so that others could get to know you - but i never see any of the newer members there now . . . the only Funners that 'drop-in' are old timers coming back to say hello . . .

If PhD wants to give up channel ownership I wouldn't blame him (I'm already channel master but will take custody of the channel just to keep it 'alive' if that's his decision - although it should really be taken on by an active IRC FuN Member).

Whoever said 'nothing's impossible' obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree
spliffyed

Postby Lionheart » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:33 am

Getting to get the cod4 server active is a struggle...let alone the irc...:(
Lionheart

Postby Keiser Soze » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:23 am

Well I think we can find some ppl to fill our servers there also imo and to remind we are not gaming clan at least it think that way.
[FuN]Keiser Soze

or
Cerberos -game server rcon tool
"One man with a gun can control 100 without one."
- Vladimir Lenin -
"Listen kid, life is like a dame; you spend your days trying to dance to her tune,
and she still ends up loving some other fella better."
- Humphrey Bogart -
"No man was ever wise by chance."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca -
Keiser Soze
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Return to News & Announcements