i have a suggestion, nay an idea

Post your ideas, likes and dislikes here!

Moderators: [AsC]Frags, Senior Moderators, Ascendance Officers

i have a suggestion, nay an idea

Postby GhostDog » Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:12 am

is there a way that we the non [FuN] elite (COUGH RECRUIT DAM IT LOL) can show that we are an active part of this community, by that i mean show the [FuN] symbol in a different way like in a different colour for instance, the reason i am asking this is because i have wanted to join [FuN] for a long, long time and i know deep down in my heart that getting the honor of sticking the [FuN] symbol next to my name would be great but an improbability in this lifetime lol, after hearing chat from friends and reading what other people are saying [FuN] does not consider it self a clan ?, well if this is the case i have a small suggestion why not introduce a colour system for ranks like on the message boards, the more you post the higher you ranks gets right, well think about it anyway im sure its daft idea and its a 4am insane ramble, but you can see my point. all the people who feel thay an affinity with the clan and the community can have a symbol that other clan/group members can see.

anyway peeps im off to bed ;) ni ni all

GhostDog
GhostDog

Postby FSaM » Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:44 am

you've only got 3 posts, what colour should you have.........clear?
A.K.A.
OoFSpoon
FSaM

Postby [AsC]Frags » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:30 pm

<<<< the ranking system is already to left

Admins, Moderatos and [FuN] Members have full orange bars.

It gives the rank over these bars!
[AsC]Frags - Fragsey - Fragsela - Fragsburger

- [FuN]CompuWolf - Brent, you were a good friend, I will miss you dearly, may you rest in peace.
[AsC]Frags
Site Host/Web Admin
Site Host/Web Admin

Postby SenecaWolf » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:42 pm

well if this is the case i have a small suggestion why not introduce a colour system for ranks like on the message boards, the more you post the higher you ranks gets right

That just sounds like an invitation to welcome more spammers to the forums :?

Besides, anyone caught with FuN tags on their name in ANY color usually result in getting into alot of trouble. We are very protective of our tags. I keep mine clean and shiny and under lock and key :D
SenecaWolf
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby [FuN]CompuWolf » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:26 pm

FSaM wrote:you've only got 3 posts, what colour should you have.........clear?

:shock: ROTFLMAO :lol:
[FuN]CompuWolf
Deputy Admin
Deputy Admin

Postby GhostDog » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:27 pm

people i think you misunderstood my point, as i said a 4am ramble, let me explained fully............. :oops:

1, i have seen lots of people who are not on the [Fun] members list with the [FuN] tag that's why i was suggesting a colour system.

2. it wasn't an invitation to spamers, as i have run groups before and know what a pain in the rear they are.

i wasn't referring to the ranking system here i was only using it as an example, just to find this website and have a laugh with you lot is good enough for me, i wouldn't care if i was classed as a New User forever as i have had some good games on RTCW and ET with you guys and that is good enough for me, i was talking about the fact that a lot of people seen to be using the tag, i have found this more on ET than RTCW.

before you ask how i know that people are using the [FuN] tag i have been doing a lot of chasing round over the last month trying to find this website as the one given on the server, www.clan-fun.com has a cool flash intro and when you click enter there is a page with a big wolfenstein logo and no text so i looked at the source
there was enough there to hold more that its fair share of Java, and so my hunt for this site began...........

sorry for the misunderstanding if anybody took offence to what i have posted, this was not my intention and you have my heartiest apologies

GhostDog
GhostDog

Postby -Snoopy- » Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:32 pm

its cool,
its good to see people that are having ideas keep thinking of them m8 and maybe your think up that perfect one that frags, sen, stom, mazz and the rest of the admins will like and maybe put into use. the thing with your idea about the posts count it is already like that i think its 10 posts to get a jonior member 50 posts for a member 100 for a sineor member and not sure whats after that but this has brought alot of spammers in here that want to get there posts real high (eg some would prob say i spam but hey lol) which gets real enoying when you get 1 word posts that are off the subject etc
i just thought id exsplain the reason why but like i said keep thinking them up and you will hit a winner

Snoop
-Snoopy-
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Freebie » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:00 pm

I agree with this whole heartedly. I've been on the list for a while to join, and i'd like to think i'm a regular on 1 or 2 [FuN] servers. I would like to be able to have some sort of tag that makes it obvious [Fun} is where i'd rather be. I'd rather be in [FuN], but i'll settle for this LOL.

I think you'd be surprised how many would use the tag, and how much visability you'd gain on other servers.

Just my 2p worth.
Freebie

Postby SenecaWolf » Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:07 am

Hmmm most ppl can see the site just fine, although there is no members list on it atm. What browser you using? most of it is in CSS. Also, when you view source all you see is the frameset.

To get back on topic.....if you arent recruited into FuN...NO TAGS. Especially on servers....we tend to ban for that quite quickly. We are aware there are many ppl that would like to join FuN and there are many that we would like to have as part of the FuN family, currently we are full to the point of near exploding. We have just about 60 members I think so I cant see recruiting going on for awhile. Last recruitment we recruited 8 ppl out of 7 or 8 pages of apps. So patience is a virtue you need to have while waiting for recruitment.

As for using tags in the forums, go ahead, but be aware the admins will change your user account and remove them. As snoop said, there is already a ranking system in place for all the other ppl that are part of the FuN community.

I think you'd be surprised how many would use the tag, and how much visiblity you'd gain on other servers.

By looking at ASE, visibility isnt a current issue with FuN servers atm.
SenecaWolf
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby GhostDog » Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:31 am

i didn't realize when i got here how big FuN was, im just happy to have finally found the website, and after you explained
We have just about 60 members :shock:

i agree FuN is splitting at the seems, as i said im just happy to be here :D

GhostDog
GhostDog

Postby Freebie » Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:09 pm

By looking at ASE, visibility isnt a current issue with FuN servers atm.

ASE? You are referring to All Seeing Eye? Certainly [FuN] servers are always towards the fuller end of the scale on ASE, i'm not denying that. But when your are one of the best, you don't have to compare yourself to others, you should compare yourself to where you were yesterday. ASE only shows a small % of the servers out there. Most the better players are on the ones not shown, IMHO.

I speak to a lot of people, and mention wolfenstein on a regular basis. When i mention KC (mentioned only because they had a non-member tag), people know who i mean. When i mention [FuN], people say 'who?'.

This is not meant as a derogatory statement towards [FuN], just an observation from my own experiences.

Let non-clan players use a tag you specify, and this problem will be solved. Free branding should be embraced - not denied.

Last recruitment we recruited 8 ppl out of 7 or 8 pages of apps. So patience is a virtue you need to have while waiting for recruitment.

I've been on the list longer than most, i was one it before the new list started. I am not complaining. But i think that your statement justifies the need for this change. A middlemans land would make many feel more welcome, especially the ones who have been looked over several times when recruiting has happened.

As i said, this isn't meant as arguementative - I have a knack of winding people up when i don't mean to LOL.
Freebie

Postby -Snoopy- » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:14 pm

Hi Freeb1e
Didnt you see that the answer was no the idea of fun is in the name they dont compare them selves to other clans or care what clans do what people that write in fun shouldnt have tags it kinda takes the special thing about when you finally get to ware the tags and as for the thing about you were on the list before the new apps were started if you read the un-fun part you should know about thread you would see that it doesnt matter how good you are on the servers because thats just one small part you need to be active on the forums and irc im not having a dig at you im just exsplaining why the tags thing is a bad idea
-Snoopy-
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby SenecaWolf » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:36 pm

freeb1e, somehow you have been misinformed that we care about being the "best" and how our servers rank or how well we are recognized outside of the game..... Well, we dont.
Our whole idea is not to have the players with the best skills, but the players with the best attitude and personality, we have just been very fortunate to have recruited good ppl with good playing skills.
Snoop is right, we dont compare ourselves to any other clan, we dont care about rankings or placements, or visibilty, ppl find us on their own or thru ppl telling a friend about us. We have no desire to be like any other clan, we are a group of ppl that all love wolfy but are also all friends. To me, there can be no comparison to that. I dont think there is any clan out there that has the amount of close friendships we have in FuN. If our servers were to fall over tomorrow, the majority of us would still stay in contact thru IRC, MSN, etc...

And yes, the waiting list is long, and ppl have not been recruited and have had to reapply. But that does not mean they are overlooked. EVERYONE on the list was looked at and discussed. It just means that at that time, we did not feel ready to recruit a person, or there are some that have applied and never were seen again in IRC or the forums. We look for active participation. Forums, IRC, servers, etc... As I have said before, FuN is currently very full, if we recruit more ppl in it would put a strain on all members when it came to private slots, organization, and matches. I personally think that by handing out tags to ppl only because they applied is like saying, "your ok to apply but your not recruited, here's this generic tag as a consolation, have a nice day". Not the impression I want to give off, and also, I dont want ppl to get the reputation as wanna-be-[FuN]-members because they got some consolation tag.
Just my views, other members may have different ones.
SenecaWolf
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Postby Freebie » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:12 pm

Didnt you see that the answer was no

Yes, i did actually Snoopy, but i thought the point of forums was discussion. Please don't patronise me again. Don't try to put me right on this either, websites and forums are what i do - and my companies are very respected at it.

SenecaWolf said:

Just my views, other members may have different ones.

Thanks for putting the time into your answer, i appreciate it. I didn't quite see it as a hand out as a consolation prize, but i see your point. I won't continue the conversation here as others obviously don't like it.
Freebie

Postby Chainsaw (Idiot) » Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:45 am

mind if i tag in a bit? because i have talked about recruiting a lot before :wink: well lets see waiting list is months long.... yeah i hear you freeb1e i reapplied to the list too. but its not just an application that gets you recruited. 1 part of it is having a good attitude that people enjoy talking to you and fragging you. another part is being around. not just the one post email me when u recruit me. its staying around, playing on the servers a lot, being in IRC on channel #[fun] being a part of forums. you know i bet some people dont really realize that im not a member. im just always around. i dont have the tags... so what? i dont have a voice... so what? im always around and even though it would be nice to be recruited, that doesnt really matter. these people, are my friends... my wolf family... a silly tag just doesnt change people. its all about having [FuN] and being able to play around on wolf and frag people... frag your friends... all in the spirit... i dont care if i never get recruited any more. yeah i used to but i dont care anymore... im here im always around... im Chainsaw and i am proud to be myself!
Chainsaw (Idiot)

Postby Freebie » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:42 am

Hi Chainsaw, i agree entirely with everything you've said. I have not complained about still being on the list, infact i stated that in my original post. If i didn't like this, i wouldn't spend 5-6 hours a day on [FuN] servers. :roll: 8)

I have simply seen this idea work (-ish), so thought it worth discussion, as did the original poster.

Why does everybody always think i'm having a pop? My attitude at Snoopy was deliberate, nothing else was LOL.

Snoopy - i don't have a problem with you, you just temporarily annoyed me, and i'd mislaid my Thompson :wink:
Freebie

Postby SenecaWolf » Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:09 am

I fink this topic has seen better days so its getting locked :)
SenecaWolf
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Return to FuN 4 Forums Suggestions/Comments